Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Sting Ray 1956 View Post
    I Agree, a strong Arm to carry the clipboard. Kubiac 2.0
    I'm fine with Lock holding a clipboard for a year, it's never a bad thing doing some learning before he takes over

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Hopefully he will be lock will be holding a Miami clipboard.

Iím okay with Luck at #10 but I rather Denver draft skill position instead o-line or ILB. You can get a really good to great player picking that high in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm fine with Lock holding a clipboard for a year, it's never a bad thing doing some learning before he takes over
    I would be good with that also.

The way I see it is this . A Qb is the most important. Many have came on these boards and talked about where franchise QBs are picked . It's not often they are found in later rounds . My question is how many QBs fit that mold in the first few rounds and how many ILB fit the mold in the first few rounds . I'm sure a lot of you play ffb. Imo if you have more defensive players to choose from then QBs it's a no brainer you take that Qb because if there are 6 or 7 defensive players that are similar and only 3 QBs that are thought of to be franchise guys that Qb wont be there your next pick. Denver desperately needs to draft their franchise Qb and stop renting them .

Okay let's get this back on topic about drew lock and away from the negs. There are places like the community issues forum if you feel they are being abused. Like CPs they can be given for any reason the poster feels like giving one and don't have to be signed either.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

I almost feel like we don't take Lock at this point, stick with Flacco and hope Scangarello finds another late gem like Nick Mullens. I know Elway likes Lock, not sure if the coaching staff is smitten with him.

The one thing I've heard is that Lock is comparable to Mahomes, and if that's the case then it's a no-brainer imo.

What bugged me about Lock is his small hand size, then I read some more and found that hand size helps but isn't a necessity. Lock's hands are smaller than normal (9") but really close to Mahomes' (9 1/4") and Chad Kelly's (9 1/8") and they can both sling the rock.

Romo's hands are even smaller than Lock's. Might explain why he fumbled that hold .

That was the one thing that bugged me about Lock. I think the Broncos should bite. Plenty of defensive talent in this draft that we can get later.

https://ewe.predominantlyorange.com/...d-size-matter/

https://kkam.com/will-patrick-mahome...s-draft-stock/

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I almost feel like we don't take Lock at this point, stick with Flacco and hope Scangarello finds another late gem like Nick Mullens. I know Elway likes Lock, not sure if the coaching staff is smitten with him.

The one thing I've heard is that Lock is comparable to Mahomes, and if that's the case then it's a no-brainer imo.

What bugged me about Lock is his small hand size, then I read some more and found that hand size helps but isn't a necessity. Lock's hands are smaller than normal (9") but really close to Mahomes' (9 1/4") and Chad Kelly's (9 1/8") and they can both sling the rock.

Romo's hands are even smaller than Lock's. Might explain why he fumbled that hold .

That was the one thing that bugged me about Lock. I think the Broncos should bite. Plenty of defensive talent in this draft that we can get later.

https://ewe.predominantlyorange.com/...d-size-matter/

https://kkam.com/will-patrick-mahome...s-draft-stock/
    i thought 9 inches where fine anything under was to sall but warner had smalls hands and it doesn't matter as much depending on other things.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I find it hard to believe that Elway isn't going to draft Drew Lock....

Failed Brock, Paxton, Trevor, and most recently with Case..... I just have this hunch that he's going to keep trying until he gets it right (which for all of us is sooner rather than later).

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post

Failed Brock, Paxton, Trevor, and most recently with Case..... I just have this hunch that he's going to keep trying until he gets it right (which for all of us is sooner rather than later).
    I can easily see him not and I fully expect him not to. Seeing the 3 year contract theme going on right now with our FA and Joe Flacco. You can see that Elways is trying to win now and has that window to achieve it. Lock would clearly sit a year or two and I canít see Elway putting more pressure on Flacco having a rookie looking over his shoulder all the time. Denver will go LB or DL in the first. I can def see them drafting one next year depending on how Flacco does. If he does well, I can see Denver skipping next year too. Elway was raven nonstop about him being in his prime and having many years left. After that conference a lot of people got the vibe he looks at Flacco as more than a bridge/ short term QB. Plus, with the reports that Denver was interest in bring in Bortles sort of leaves me to think they arenít really that interested in a QB high in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post

"If at first you don't succeed, try again."
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

There is another interesting dynamic to think about when drafting a QB. I think there is a chance Scangarello could be poached as a potential HC. We've seen what happened with the McVay success, everyone who is close to him seems to get hired. Kyle's tree could shape up to be the same this year. In which case a young QB now has to go through a scheme change in year 2, while still developing. Doing everything you can to make Flacco successful, could make this a very attracting position for future OCs. Plus, you can sell them on talent around the QB and a young QB to make their name with.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I can easily see him not and I fully expect him not to. Seeing the 3 year contract theme going on right now with our FA and Joe Flacco. You can see that Elways is trying to win now and has that window to achieve it. Lock would clearly sit a year or two and I canít see Elway putting more pressure on Flacco having a rookie looking over his shoulder all the time. Denver will go LB or DL in the first. I can def see them drafting one next year depending on how Flacco does. If he does well, I can see Denver skipping next year too. Elway was raven nonstop about him being in his prime and having many years left. After that conference a lot of people got the vibe he looks at Flacco as more than a bridge/ short term QB. Plus, with the reports that Denver was interest in bring in Bortles sort of leaves me to think they arenít really that interested in a QB high in the draft.
    He isnt married to Flacco at all, the fact that they aren't reworking his deal tells me they are still looking at QB in the draft, or possibly trade. Joe is on a year by year deal that Elway can walk away from at any point and it cost him nothing. If Joe was a 3 year commitment they would redo his deal and give him some guaranteed money

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    He isnt married to Flacco at all, the fact that they aren't reworking his deal tells me they are still looking at QB in the draft, or possibly trade. Joe is on a year by year deal that Elway can walk away from at any point and it cost him nothing. If Joe was a 3 year commitment they would redo his deal and give him some guaranteed money
    I think Elway is just keeping his options open. I have also read that internally Denver is more enamored with Flacco than some might think. Still, if Lock or Haskins did fall to #10, could Elway pass that up? Maybe he prefers the 2020 class of Tua, Fromm, and Herbert. Flacco's team friendly contract doesn't necessarily mean Elway is looking for his successor.

At sometime we have to draft our franchise Qb. You keep drafting until you find him. If Elway thinks that Lock could be a Frachise player hes crazy to pass on him . I guess if he passes on him that means he doest think he is a Qb you build a team around.