Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    How would Drew Lock be available at number 10 when there are four other QB starved teams selecting in the top 7?
    Because these teams might not go quarterback ? Also, if Joe Flacco, Nick Foles, and Teddy Bridgewater hit the open market, these quarterback desperate teams will eliminate the need to go in that direction early. I don't see NFL teams going quarterback out of pure desperation this year, this class isn't worth it. I see Haskins and Lock going in the top 15, then a potential gap between when Jones, Murray, and Finley come off the board.

How would Drew Lock be available at number 10 when there are four other QB starved teams selecting in the top 7?

If the raiders are intent on finding a new QB, they could potentially take Lock ahead of Haskins at number 4. However Letís say for a moment that they do select Haskins then that still leaves the Buccaneers at 5, the Giants at 6, and The Jaguars at 7 all needing a QB.

One of those teams will trade for Folles, one May trade for Flacco while one could draft Kyler Murray. Perhaps one of them will have Daniel Jones rated higher than Lock however that is all a long shot.

If Elway truly loves Lock, then he really needs to find a way to move up from 10 to atleast 3 but is that to high to draft Lock? Not if Elway is truly enamored with him.

I almost feel as if there is already a deal In Place between Denver and San Francisco but in all reality what would that trade consist of?

I donít believe that Lynch and Shanahan are just going to gift wrap or give away a top pick, there has to be something or someone big involved in order for Elway to make this happen but what or who?
    If the Raiders take a QB then Derek Carr is going to one of those QB starved teams. The Bucs will probably gut it out with Winston and draft a QB later. I think the Giants will draft their HC son to compete with Lauletta behind Manning. That just leaves the Jags who would probably pony up for Carr if the Raiders take a QB. I donít see the top 2 QBs going off the board before our pick.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    If the Raiders take a QB then Derek Carr is going to one of those QB starved teams. The Bucs will probably gut it out with Winston and draft a QB later. I think the Giants will draft their HC son to compete with Lauletta behind Manning. That just leaves the Jags who would probably pony up for Carr if the Raiders take a QB. I donít see the top 2 QBs going off the board before our pick.
    I still think the jags will take Foles which would also leave Carr open to whoever. Lock will almost certainly be available unless there is a trade up to get him ahead of the Broncos (which could be pretty likely)

If the raiders are intent on finding a new QB, they could potentially take Lock ahead of Haskins at number 4. However Letís say for a moment that they do select Haskins then that still leaves the Buccaneers at 5, the Giants at 6, and The Jaguars at 7 all needing a QB.

One of those teams will trade for Folles, one May trade for Flacco while one could draft Kyler Murray. Perhaps one of them will have Daniel Jones rated higher than Lock however that is all a long shot.

If Elway truly loves Lock, then he really needs to find a way to move up from 10 to atleast 3 but is that to high to draft Lock? Not if Elway is truly enamored with him.

I almost feel as if there is already a deal In Place between Denver and San Francisco but in all reality what would that trade consist of?

I donít believe that Lynch and Shanahan are just going to gift wrap or give away a top pick, there has to be something or someone big involved in order for Elway to make this happen but what or who?
    um teh buccs got arians to help Winston grow into the QB they want. he will starting next year. the raiders are a wild card, but if you have carr and probably one of the least talented(if not the least talented post trades) roster in the nfl. you need to do more then fix one of your better spots. they could take a QB but they would e making a huge mistake

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Because these teams might not go quarterback ? Also, if Joe Flacco, Nick Foles, and Teddy Bridgewater hit the open market, these quarterback desperate teams will eliminate the need to go in that direction early. I don't see NFL teams going quarterback out of pure desperation this year, this class isn't worth it. I see Haskins and Lock going in the top 15, then a potential gap between when Jones, Murray, and Finley come off the board.
    You make an excellent point. Although it is pre-Combine/Pro-day, EVERY Mock Draft that I've seen has Haskins ahead of Lock. Much to the chagrin of people Posting here, it appears. But what about the big picture? Has anybody taken the time to look at where Haskins and Lock appear on the various "Big Boards"? You know, where the overall talent, athleticism, and ability as a football player are measured rather than which player specific teams are intersted in? The Big Boards that I've seen don't even have Lock in the Top 20. That tells me that he is going to be a reach if he is taken at 10. Of course that is notwithstanding the value of the Position of "Quarterback".

We had Chubb fall into our lap, last year, because of what I believe was a HUGE mistake by Cleveland. We are at 10 where there are twice as many teams who I suspect will make similar mistakes in judgement. I hope the Broncos aren't one of those teams.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/2019-n...rall-rankings/

http://www.nflbigboard.com/

My gut feeling is we trade our first and second to T.B. for the fifth pick. And take Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    You make an excellent point. Although it is pre-Combine/Pro-day, EVERY Mock Draft that I've seen has Haskins ahead of Lock. Much to the chagrin of people Posting here, it appears. But what about the big picture? Has anybody taken the time to look at where Haskins and Lock appear on the various "Big Boards"? You know, where the overall talent, athleticism, and ability as a football player are measured rather than which player specific teams are intersted in? The Big Boards that I've seen don't even have Lock in the Top 20. That tells me that he is going to be a reach if he is taken at 10. Of course that is notwithstanding the value of the Position of "Quarterback".

We had Chubb fall into our lap, last year, because of what I believe was a HUGE mistake by Cleveland. We are at 10 where there are twice as many teams who I suspect will make similar mistakes in judgement. I hope the Broncos aren't one of those teams.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/2019-n...rall-rankings/

http://www.nflbigboard.com/
    Honestly those big boards you have there only prove a lot of guys points around here. 1 board has Haskins at 7 and the other has him at 14. One has Jones at 8 and many others only have him barely inside the mid 20's.

What does it matter if Elway and company have Lock higher than both? Every team will have certain guys higher than others. Some guys skill sets just fit better for what we want.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Honestly those big boards you have there only prove a lot of guys points around here. 1 board has Haskins at 7 and the other has him at 14. One has Jones at 8 and many others only have him barely inside the mid 20's.

What does it matter if Elway and company have Lock higher than both? Every team will have certain guys higher than others. Some guys skill sets just fit better for what we want.
    Last years QB class should prove that... so many differing opinions on who would go where and rankings.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

I think you have completely missed my point.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I think you have completely missed my point.
    You said Lock would be a reach at 10, what am I missing??

You said Lock would be a reach at 10, what am I missing??
    Draft experts and talent evaluators. We are going to have a tough choice at #10 if Lock, Dewayne Haskins, Devin White, Cody Ford, and Jawaan Taylor, Jonah William, and Greedy Williams are all available.
    We obviously need more than just a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Draft experts and talent evaluators. We are going to have a tough choice at #10 if Lock, Dewayne Haskins, Devin White, Cody Ford, and Jawaan Taylor, Jonah William, and Greedy Williams are all available.
    We do absolutely, but most if not all of those needs can be filled with free agency you can't say that about quarterback

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Denver's talent and draft evaluators Havelock rated higher than most who's to say they are wrong?

Denver's talent and draft evaluators Havelock rated higher than most who's to say they are wrong?
    Honestly, if Denver has Lock as their #1 QB and he is there at 10 you take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting Ray 1956 View Post
    My gut feeling is we trade our first and second to T.B. for the fifth pick. And take Lock.
    I think Elway will trade up as well, but I think he will work out a rather friendly deal with Lynch and Shanahan over in San Fran.