Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Cutler was also thrown into the fire too early. Jake was kicked out too early. Hopefully, we don't see a similar situation.
    Amen 10 char

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Cutler was also thrown into the fire too early. Jake was kicked out too early. Hopefully, we don't see a similar situation.
    Good point, Jake had the team at 7-4 when he was benched and if I remember right we finished 8-8. No matter what we let Joe play this season, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Good point, Jake had the team at 7-4 when he was benched and if I remember right we finished 8-8. No matter what we let Joe play this season, barring injury
    I want Lock to be 3rd string....let one of the other QB's finish the season, and let Lock finish his transformation to being a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I want Lock to be 3rd string....let one of the other QB's finish the season, and let Lock finish his transformation to being a professional.
    Scratching my head on this .......

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Scratching my head on this .......
    Seriously.... I doubt they even keep 3 QBs

He is a well spoken young Man, I am happy he is a Denver Bronco!

If Lock turns out to be a true franchise quarterback, itís a good thing that Flacco can be dumped without penalty.

If he actually needs a season or two just to earn playing time, then it was a wasted pick.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    You mean let another QB take the 2nd string position?

Itís an idea in order to ATTEMPT to avoid a QB controversy.

However these roster spots are precious and thereís no way Lock goes to the practice squad!

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Pray that the Broncos don't take an ILB. Because if they do that means that Josie Jewell will be relegated to Special teams and the ............ bench, while Drew Lock will be going somewhere else. You might have to give your Broncos Country identity a makeover.
    Guess I can keep my Broncos country identity......

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

Itís an idea in order to attempt avoid a QB controversy however these roster spots are precious a thereís no way Lock goes to the practice squad!
    Teams have kept three quarterbacks before. Lock wouldnít have to go to the practice squad, not that he would survive waivers if they tried.

That being said, he better at least be good enough to be the backup.

They can avoid a controversy by not giving him reps with the starters.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Teams have kept three quarterbacks before. Lock wouldnít have to go to the practice squad, not that he would survive waivers if they tried.

That being said, he better at least be good enough to be the backup.

They can avoid a controversy by not giving him reps with the starters.
    That is a great point and exactly what I was thinking.

It may be wise to give more preseason reps to Hogan and Grayson therefore there is very little film on Lock, it limits the injury risk and sustains his confidence level.

Translation, Donít put him on the field so early to where the Denver faithful falls in love and creates a QB controversy! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

It’s an idea in order to ATTEMPT to avoid a QB controversy.

However these roster spots are precious and there’s no way Lock goes to the practice squad!
    Yes Sam, following the discussion, I just don't want Lock on the field before he's ready. If Flacco gets hurt early, and Lock is not ready, I don't want him to loose confidence, or play before having the opportunity to fix his foot work, or before he can understand pro defenses. Let Grayson be that guy this year. It also keeps us away from the QB controversy. Rypien can take our practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Guess I can keep my Broncos country identity......
    Right on, makes at the very least two of us.

I feel lock is a better qb then Hogan or greyson. But I do feel only way he sees the field is injury. Personally though I would rather put lock out there then either Hogan or grayson. I think Lock gives us the second best chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    cutler the player was crazy talented. cutler the person was terrible. he just wanted the money and to party. i have a friend who worked at stadium when cutler was traded to bears. he showed up to practice hungover regularly. and was just there for the money. not there to actually play football.
    Yep. I was at Vandy grad school when Cutler was playing- and his off-field reputation wasnít the greatest. Arrogant/aloof- and definitely liked to party hard with his clique. Donít know about the ďmoneyĒ part- b/c that wasnít really relevant then- though definitely assumed to be in his near future.

The two ways I will defend Cutler though are that he was: (1) generally more popular, and respected by his teammates than given credit for by the media/public; and (2) that he is a tough hombre. The guy got absolutely killed at Vandy, and for most his CHI career. It was really only in DEN, and maybe an early season or two in CHI that he ever had a chance to play the game upright (donít count MIA b/c IMHO he was basically a civilian in uniform lol)...