Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    And if the Patriots decide to draft Rypien at 32 to prepare for life after Brady? Or a team trades ahead of you in round 2 to draft Rypien?

I understand what you're saying, but hoping that a player is there in a later round is how you end up trading up and way over drafting a prospect just in case. I'd rather the Broncos reach or trade up for one of the top 2 QBs than having to trade up in round 2 to try and get the 5th or 6th best QB. Or worse losing the 5th or 6th best QB and then either passing the QB situation down the road or over drafting the 7th or 8th best QB just so they get a QB.

At some point the team needs to commit to getting a highly rated and highly thought of QB rather than hoping that a lesser QB works out or signing more journeymen.
    I understand what your stating here but in order for us to "get our guy" we'd need to be Wentz or Mayfield sure....or even Mahomes sure...

Even when you look at Mahomes I think it is fair to say that he likely looked great in practice but still likely needed a bit of polish. Based on how Mahomes played this season I can only attribute it to sitting behind Smith for the year. Fast forward to now....do we have our Mahomes? Is it worth giving up two 1sts for ANY of these QBs?

I think it is far more likely and perhaps better for our team if we re-tool defensively and leverage our HC's strengths. I am more than comfortable in relying on our new OC to direct our drafting of a QB. Unless the OC sees "the guy" then we do what we need to to get the guy of the present and future. After all the QB is the most important position on the team and the field. For me this class has a LOT of "maybes" and "I suppose its possible's". For those types of QBs I agree with the majority here - look at 2nd & 3rd rounds and see if they can develop and overthrow the starter. More along the lines of R.Wilson or D.Prescott rather than J.Goff or C.Wentz....

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    There is nothing uglier than drafting an offensive lineman in the first round, except maybe drafting one when the fan base is desperate for a quarterback, the fans will riot.
    I wouldn't. I wanted Nelson last year. I would be pumped if we identified a 10 year tackle at #10. Offensive line has been our biggest weakness for 5 years. Let the fans be angry. The game is won in the trenches.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    My assessment is similar, but I dont agree about him wilting in big games. Hes beaten some good teams. Hes fearless. Hes just limited.
    Yeah, I talked with him again last night about it. He had more positives to say this time. I think because he played well in the Shrine game... and seemed to be doing OK in their bowl game that got cancelled.

He pointed to the wins against Troy and Herbert led Oregon as bigger moments, but said that several of their losses, like against Airforce where he was totally ineffective, he had the game on his shoulders for a winning drive and couldn't finish.

You just like the fact that the announcer kept saying "Touchdown, Broncos" didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I agree with you but I see some of the bigger names going ahead of him. Feel like we can be in position to take a guy near the top of the second while getting another building block with the top 10 pick. Thinking when the Chargers took Tomlinson and Brees in the same draft and when the Bengals did the same with Green and Dalton. Not comparing Rypien to any of those players but giving a hypothetical because I'm tired of talking about Murray/Jones/Lock.

If they do identify him as the guy, I would absolutely advocate for them to trade back into the first round to get their guy and not hope he falls.
    I agree with Butler. Don't sleep on the the Patriots at 32. They might be taking a serious look at him as well.

I think Will Grier would get taken before Rypien based on production

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    You just like the fact that the announcer kept saying "Touchdown, Broncos" didn't you?
    Haha - That could be it. It's nice to hear it again. It's been rare around here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I think Will Grier would get taken before Rypien based on production
    I see Grier as a mediocre prospect in every way, I don't think he is anything more than a middle to late round pick, and i personally would prefer Rypien as a pro prospect.

Sure. Then Brett Rypien, Chad Kelly, Chris Simms, and Brian Griese could all hang out in downtown Denver eating tacos or something. It would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Who doesn't.
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

― William Shakespeare

Fun fact: Boise State was blue and orange before Denver was.

Al, how do you feel about the blue field turn that Boise play on ? Whenever I look to go and watch a Boise player in the lead up to the draft, I struggle to stomach it.

I hate that blue field

Weve had the blue field for a long time. There was one year it had a high gloss sheen which made it hard to watch on tv. Other than that I love it because its who we are. We are the Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I hate that blue field

I hate that Blue Field lol...That messes with my Eye Sight...