Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    No thanks. I have watched almost every game of Rypiens career. I wouldn't take him before the 5th round. He is a backup at best. Let him become someone elseís problem

Article came out this morning on Brett Rypien breaking down what different analyst have to say. I think the consensus is that he has a weak arm but I disagree.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...e-brett-rypien

Still think he is the most "pro-ready" QB in this class and would be a great mid-round pick who has a very high floor. At worst he wold be a great backup who can come in and win a few games. Not sold on him being a franchise player but having a solid backup that can develop is essential when your starter is on the wrong side of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Article came out this morning on Brett Rypien breaking down what different analyst have to say. I think the consensus is that he has a weak arm but I disagree.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...e-brett-rypien

Still think he is the most "pro-ready" QB in this class and would be a great mid-round pick who has a very high floor. At worst he wold be a great backup who can come in and win a few games. Not sold on him being a franchise player but having a solid backup that can develop is essential when your starter is on the wrong side of 30.

as a 4th or 5th rounder, absolutely. But never a 2nd. He's Cousins lite.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    as a 4th or 5th rounder, absolutely. But never a 2nd. He's Cousins lite.....
    2nd is probably too high but I think grabbing him anywhere 3rd and beyond would be great.

2nd is probably too high but I think grabbing him anywhere 3rd and beyond would be great.
    right now, he is projected to go 4th-5th round

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    right now, he is projected to go 4th-5th round
    That sounds about right. Iíve seen close to 40 of his games.
    His arm is stronger than Keenumís but that isnít saying much.
    Heís tough as nails, but a 2nd rounder? No...

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That sounds about right. I’ve seen close to 40 of his games.
    His arm is stronger than Keenum’s but that isn’t saying much.
    He’s tough as nails, but a 2nd rounder? No...
    I started this thread back in February, he is a reach in round 2. Ideally, I would love to grab him with our 4th rounder but I would be happy with a 3rd as well.

Watching all of his games, where would you be happy taking him?

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Do you want to continue to suck at QB, because thats how you continue to suck at QB.

Rypien is Siemian 2.0 at best!
    Do you want another paxton lynch because that's how you get another paxton lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Do you want another paxton lynch because that's how you get another paxton lynch.
    What are you trying to say?

Ryan Finley in the 2nd round
    Jarret Stidham in the 3rd round
    Drew Lock late first round, after trading back.
    Drew Haskins and Kyler Murray at 10 if they are there.

My preference would be Haskins at 10 or Finley in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohenhen1 View Post
    Ryan Finley in the 2nd round
    Jarret Stidham in the 3rd round
    Drew Lock late first round, after trading back.
    Drew Haskins and Kyler Murray at 10 if they are there.

My preference would be Haskins at 10 or Finley in the 2nd round.

Switch Finley and Stidham. Drew Lock is a surefire top 10er. Haskins has a chance for the top 10, but less of a sure thing for it as Lock, Murray is most likely a teens-early twenties pick.

Your projections are all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Switch Finley and Stidham. Drew Lock is a surefire top 10er. Haskins has a chance for the top 10, but less of a sure thing for it as Lock, Murray is most likely a teens-early twenties pick.

Your projections are all over the place.
    How are you related to Drew Lock? Just curious?

No. I just don't want us to waste a high pick on a QB, just because we need one. The projection to Siemian 2.0 has no truth behind it at all. He could be worse than Siemian in the NFL but he could also be much better. Making false comparisons at this stage is counterproductive.
    You want us to take him in the 2nd? Heís projected in rounds 4-7. If weíre going this route, I would much rather have Stidham or Grier, but neither in the 2nd. I want to see us get a starter on each side of the ball with our 1st 2 picks if we ainít going QB in round 1.

QB and ILB should be the 2 main priorities in this draft, but not by reaching for a mediocre guy in round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    You want us to take him in the 2nd? He’s projected in rounds 4-7. If we’re going this route, I would much rather have Stidham or Grier, but neither in the 2nd. I want to see us get a starter on each side of the ball with our 1st 2 picks if we ain’t going QB in round 1.

QB and ILB should be the 2 main priorities in this draft, but not by reaching for a mediocre guy in round 2.
    I can't change the title to the tread!! It was a hypothetical. With that said, I would much rather have BPA in the first and Rypien in the 2nd than taking a player like Lock at #10 and going BPA in round 2.

My ideal draft would be an O-line player and a defensive starter in the first two rounds and pick Rypien in the 3rd-5th. Just because pundits project a player as a late round pick, doesn't mean they will go there or they are correct.

If the team feels strongly about a QB and think they can develop than no round is necessarily too high to take them regardless of what their projection is.
    Last edited by JW7; 04-12-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Just because pundits project a player as a late round pick, doesn't mean they will go their or they are correct.

If the team feels strongly about a QB and think they can develop than no round is necessarily too high to take them regardless of what their projection is.

True enough but, I swear to God, the kid looks like Griese after the injury. I think it's not a sure thing that he eventually plays well enough to even be considered Simien 2.0 honestly. If he played a position other than QB at his skill/ability level then we'd be talking about an UDFA for sure.