Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Hes a football nerd with average nfl talent, IMO.
    Hes got an average build, 62 210. Hes tough as nails. Hell stand in the pocket and throw a strike knowing hes going to get clobbered. His floor is probably similar to Siemian and his ceiling is probably Cousins.

He doesnt have an overly impressive arm, but its strong enough.
    Appreciate the insight. Hearing that he's a football nerd is always good to hear, especially after the Paxton debacle. If it's not Rypien, I want someone who can break down the X's and O's and is dedicated to being the leader of the team.

I'm hoping that Scangarello can identify a player he likes and develop him. His resume is promising in SF and I feel like if he can make Mullins into a player then it gives me confidence. I really hope that he is heavily involved in the selection of a QB this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    The more I look and read about Rypien the more I like. Four year starter that has the ability to play under center and throws with a lot of touch. He looks like a perfect fit for the Shanahan style offense that Scangarello will bring over. The Broncos already met with him at the Shrine game and appear interested.

Not sold on any QB in this class at #10. Would love to grab the best CB/ILB/Offensive Line player there instead if we can get Rypien in the 2nd.

You don't hold off or wait. If you need a particular position filled, in our case QB and you want a particular player, you trade up to get him. Because if you're looking at him, most likely so is someone else.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

No. I just don't want us to waste a high pick on a QB, just because we need one. The projection to Siemian 2.0 has no truth behind it at all. He could be worse than Siemian in the NFL but he could also be much better. Making false comparisons at this stage is counterproductive.
    How do you know it would be a waste??? What if Lock and Haskins and Jones turn out to be 3 of the best ever, then the pick seems worth it. Saying this guy or that guy is a false comparison isnt any different than you or anyone else just assuming this QB class is weak.

QB has been a need since Elway retired....at what point do we draft his successor??? Next year? The year after that because it is supposed to be a "super class"?

Don't draft a QB at all this year...... or go get one in the top10. But please, not another down the road potential prospect in later rounds.

Wasn't Rypien supposed to be higher about 3 months ago? I remember the top 3 being Rypien, Lock, and Herbert for top prospects coming out.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    How do you know it would be a waste??? What if Lock and Haskins and Jones turn out to be 3 of the best ever, then the pick seems worth it. Saying this guy or that guy is a false comparison isnt any different than you or anyone else just assuming this QB class is weak.

QB has been a need since Elway retired....at what point do we draft his successor??? Next year? The year after that because it is supposed to be a "super class"?
    Yeah and what if a quarterback picked in the 6th round ends up being the best player in NFL history. Draft is always a crapshoot and some picks are safer than others. I don't see a sure fire qb this year and while I want to see the Broncos get their qbotf sooner than later, I dont want to see them reach.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Wasn't Rypien supposed to be higher about 3 months ago? I remember the top 3 being Rypien, Lock, and Herbert for top prospects coming out.
    Not that I'm aware of. He was always a leter round pick as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    No, you might be thinking of the guy from NC State who spent a year at Boise.

Rypien has put together a better body of work on film than Grier or Jones in my opinion, and I would entertain taking Rypien in the 3rd/4th round. I am not sold on taking a quarterback with out first pick, and I like Finley, Rypien, and Jones as middle round guys, so pretty much, if Lock is there at 10, I would consider taking him. But if Lock is gone which I doubt, but if he is, then I am waiting to see how the board falls because I think you will have a shot at one of Jones, Finley, or Rypien in the 3rd round, and I would be okay with any of those picks at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    No, you might be thinking of the guy from NC State who spent a year at Boise.
    To me, Rypien reminds me of Brandon Allen from Arkansas a few years ago. Pro style offense, average arm strength and size but a guy I enjoyed watching and rooting for as a sleeper.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Rypien has put together a better body of work on film than Grier or Jones in my opinion, and I would entertain taking Rypien in the 3rd/4th round. I am not sold on taking a quarterback with out first pick, and I like Finley, Rypien, and Jones as middle round guys, so pretty much, if Lock is there at 10, I would consider taking him. But if Lock is gone which I doubt, but if he is, then I am waiting to see how the board falls because I think you will have a shot at one of Jones, Finley, or Rypien in the 3rd round, and I would be okay with any of those picks at that point.
    agreed. it's a dart throw at a QB this year and would much rather take a guy like Devin White who looks like a difference maker

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    agreed. it's a dart throw at a QB this year and would much rather take a guy like Devin White who looks like a difference maker
    Agree on going in another direction, but I am not personally sold on White who I see as all athleticism and very little substance. I think he will be a great player, I just don't like the risk of hoping for him to develop after some things I have seen from him. I also think we can address interior linebacker in free agency with a young solid player, and look to address offensive tackle early. The free agency group of offensive tackles is well below mediocre par this year, and they will still get paid handsomely.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Agree on going in another direction, but I am not personally sold on White who I see as all athleticism and very little substance. I think he will be a great player, I just don't like the risk of hoping for him to develop after some things I have seen from him. I also think we can address interior linebacker in free agency with a young solid player, and look to address offensive tackle early. The free agency group of offensive tackles is well below mediocre par this year, and they will still get paid handsomely.
    I am hoping for an OT at 10 too but I really don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I am hoping for an OT at 10 too but I really don't see that happening.
    There is nothing uglier than drafting an offensive lineman in the first round, except maybe drafting one when the fan base is desperate for a quarterback, the fans will riot.

Appreciate the insight. Hearing that he's a football nerd is always good to hear, especially after the Paxton debacle. If it's not Rypien, I want someone who can break down the X's and O's and is dedicated to being the leader of the team.

I'm hoping that Scangarello can identify a player he likes and develop him. His resume is promising in SF and I feel like if he can make Mullins into a player then it gives me confidence. I really hope that he is heavily involved in the selection of a QB this draft.
    A scouting report about Jarrett Stidham commented about his dedication to studying football and his leadership. After the 2017 season there was some speculation about him as a first round prospect. He fell back after the 2018 season wasnt as strong. The Giants interviewed him at the Senior Bowl. He has some strengths and weaknesses like all of the QB prospects this year.

Ive warned up to drafting Lock if hes available at #10. I also like the idea of drafting the best offensive lineman at #10, CB, DT/DE or LB. If Elway and the FO believe one of the prospects has the potential to be a franchise QB then fine.