Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    Am I being super bias or something? We hired a head coach whose defensive coach. Our offensive coordinator we hired, has never been an OC before. Am I missing something? Can someone please talk some reason into me about this because for the love of god, it seems like our offense is going to be stagnant again for the next few years. If you ask me, it feels like this hiring back fired on Elway. I think he was really expecting Kubs to be the OC, and now we're stuck with a rookie OC and a defensive head coach.... again. I mean, our defense might not be what it was a few years ago, but it surely isn't our weak point right now. Our offense is.
    Every great coach gets their first shot somewhere. He comes from a great coaching tree and I personally am very excited to see him at work. If the rumors are true and Denver drafts a QB this year this type of offense will be extremely helpful to the young man. I am ready for the season to start tomorrow already!!! With all the changes to the coaching staff I think both sides of the ball are going to be better and I can't wait to see our young players at work!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I understand the question being asked due to the unknown factor, it's more than reasonable and I don't see it as bias at all. Our head coach is obviously a first time head coach over the age of 60, and for all the positives I can see in the hire, why is that ? He is obviously a highly respected defensive mind, and his input will be a great asset on that side of the ball, but being a good head coach goes well beyond that, and our problem the last 4 years has been our offense, and we have just went and hired a first time defensive minded head coach, and an offensive coordinator who hasn't called an offensive game in the NFL before, that does worry me. I do love the Mike Munchak hire, his input will be huge for our offensive line group. I still feel though at the end of the day, if Elway doesn't add talent to that room, again tries to patch it with bad free agent signings, we will again be mediocre on offense, and in a years time be talking about how the offensive side of the football is killing this team, again.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I'm ready to be patient as long as we make it to the playoffs.
    no pressure guys...
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I understand the question being asked due to the unknown factor, it's more than reasonable and I don't see it as bias at all. Our head coach is obviously a first time head coach over the age of 60, and for all the positives I can see in the hire, why is that ? He is obviously a highly respected defensive mind, and his input will be a great asset on that side of the ball, but being a good head coach goes well beyond that, and our problem the last 4 years has been our offense, and we have just went and hired a first time defensive minded head coach, and an offensive coordinator who hasn't called an offensive game in the NFL before, that does worry me. I do love the Mike Munchak hire, his input will be huge for our offensive line group. I still feel though at the end of the day, if Elway doesn't add talent to that room, again tries to patch it with bad free agent signings, we will again be mediocre on offense, and in a years time be talking about how the offensive side of the football is killing this team, again.
    And that's my problem with this hire. Defense his whole career..... Don't know how that's gonna work.

Hopefully Vic has studied VJ's performance in that he learns from all the mistakes that were made. The head coach needs to be capable of making in game decisions that are not knee jerk reactions that put your team in terrible situations. Be aggressive when the time is right, be conservative when times are wrong. Vic is bound to make mistakes , but there needs to be serious growth from the get go. Again, learn from the prior regimes lack of knowledge ,lack of control and lack of composure. { Hope he studies Belichick as well }. As far as the OC, I feel we will go BPA @ 10, roll with CK as he is already being paid and let the OC develop a later round QB of his choice in this years draft.
    He knows what quality's he can develop, so let him have input on who he likes and draft him, besides, I'm certain the CFL QB could be our ace in the whole {plan B } , kinda what Kelly was supposed be last year. Any way, I have faith in our organization, always have , always will.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    Am I being super bias or something? We hired a head coach whose defensive coach. Our offensive coordinator we hired, has never been an OC before. Am I missing something? Can someone please talk some reason into me about this because for the love of god, it seems like our offense is going to be stagnant again for the next few years. If you ask me, it feels like this hiring back fired on Elway. I think he was really expecting Kubs to be the OC, and now we're stuck with a rookie OC and a defensive head coach.... again. I mean, our defense might not be what it was a few years ago, but it surely isn't our weak point right now. Our offense is.
    When I watched his introductory press conference, I heard one thing that stuck with me. Discipline has come to Denver and Hell's coming with him, you hear?

His elaboration on how a football game is lost one inch at a time gave me goosebumps. The team was put on notice and so was the league, We are Back!!!
    [

I thought it was obvious. Munchak fixes the biggest problem with our Offense. The line. Scangerello fixes the second biggest problem with our Offense. A QB friendly scheme. Fangio fixes the third biggest problem with our Offense. Enforcing discipline on our Defense so they'll keep bailing out or Offense when they screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I thought it was obvious. Munchak fixes the biggest problem with our Offense. The line. Scangerello fixes the second biggest problem with our Offense. A QB friendly scheme. Fangio fixes the third biggest problem with our Offense. Enforcing discipline on our Defense so they'll keep bailing out or Offense when they screw up.
    We got more offensive holding calls in any one quarter last year than were called in the entire Superbowl.

That's on the offense.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    And that's my problem with this hire. Defense his whole career..... Don't know how that's gonna work.
    Head coaches must have a vision and be able to communicate it to assistants and players in such a way that they buy into it. Football coaching is very staff intensive. It is necessary to delegate responsibilities clearly to the position coaches and coordinators. Successful Head Coaches are communicators, organizers, motivators and delegators.

You ask how a defensive coach affects the offense? All defensive coordinators do is study offenses. They know more different offenses than offensive coordinators do. A defensive HC knows how to direct his OC in designing, installing and preparing an offense. They know what worries defenses the most.

Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, George Allen, Tony Dungy and Bill Belichick are examples of defensive head coaches who enjoyed success in the NFL.

Vic Fangio is a sixty year old, no nonsense disciplinarian with over thirty years NFL coaching experience. When he spoke of "death by inches" at his introduction, I knew Denver had the right guy.

In 2018, Denver lost five games by a total of 16 points. Add one more loss and it's six games by a total of 23 points. Solid coaching of a disciplined team with a good plan can turn some of those Ls into Ws.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Head coaches must have a vision and be able to communicate it to assistants and players in such a way that they buy into it. Football coaching is very staff intensive. It is necessary to delegate responsibilities clearly to the position coaches and coordinators. Successful Head Coaches are communicators, organizers, motivators and delegators.

You ask how a defensive coach affects the offense? All defensive coordinators do is study offenses. They know more different offenses than offensive coordinators do. A defensive HC knows how to direct his OC in designing, installing and preparing an offense. They know what worries defenses the most.

Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, George Allen, Tony Dungy and Bill Belichick are examples of defensive head coaches who enjoyed success in the NFL.

Vic Fangio is a sixty year old, no nonsense disciplinarian with over thirty years NFL coaching experience. When he spoke of "death by inches" at his introduction, I knew Denver had the right guy.

In 2018, Denver lost five games by a total of 16 points. Add one more loss and it's six games by a total of 23 points. Solid coaching of a disciplined team with a good plan can turn some of those Ls into Ws.
    Great Post Sam!!
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

As Steve Jobs once said when asked by Woz what he did, what his job was..... He replied, "I play the orchestra".

https://youtu.be/AeZQ4Oi1wu8
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 02-10-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Well said!!!
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    We got more offensive holding calls in any one quarter last year than were called in the entire Superbowl.

That's on the offense.
    I have watched our defensive players just plain give up during games for the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I have watched our defensive players just plain give up during games for the last two years.
    How does Baltimore avoid this ? They certainly seem to do so over the past few years