Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I don't see how these coaches will improve our offense

Am I being super bias or something? We hired a head coach whose defensive coach. Our offensive coordinator we hired, has never been an OC before. Am I missing something? Can someone please talk some reason into me about this because for the love of god, it seems like our offense is going to be stagnant again for the next few years. If you ask me, it feels like this hiring back fired on Elway. I think he was really expecting Kubs to be the OC, and now we're stuck with a rookie OC and a defensive head coach.... again. I mean, our defense might not be what it was a few years ago, but it surely isn't our weak point right now. Our offense is.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    Am I being super bias or something? We hired a head coach whose defensive coach. Our offensive coordinator we hired, has never been an OC before. Am I missing something? Can someone please talk some reason into me about this because for the love of god, it seems like our offense is going to be stagnant again for the next few years. If you ask me, it feels like this hiring back fired on Elway. I think he was really expecting Kubs to be the OC, and now we're stuck with a rookie OC and a defensive head coach.... again. I mean, our defense might not be what it was a few years ago, but it surely isn't our weak point right now. Our offense is.
    yes.

Well our new OC selected and developed a QB who my all accounts overachieved this past season. He also helped push and continue Jimmy G's growth. I do believe that he has been an OC before just not at the NFL level. Overall though we need an OC who can coach and elevate a QB....why...well simply put it is a position we've struggled with. So whether we stick with Case or move on we need a coach who can elevate the most important position on the field and on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Well our new OC selected and developed a QB who my all accounts overachieved this past season. He also helped push and continue Jimmy G's growth. I do believe that he has been an OC before just not at the NFL level. Overall though we need an OC who can coach and elevate a QB....why...well simply put it is a position we've struggled with. So whether we stick with Case or move on we need a coach who can elevate the most important position on the field and on our team.
    I really dont see why everyone uses jimmy G as an example of a successful QB. He had some success for a few games with the patriots before he got hurt but every quarterback does well there. He went on to the 49ers and had a nice little win streak there at the end of the season to make him undefeated as a starting QB.

yes he has been backup to brady most of his career but his career stats are 17 td 8 int with just under 3000 yards at 27 years old. I can understand being excited about him, but i dont understand why he is brought up as a top 10 qb by so many. He seems pretty average so far and you could make the argument that he is injury prone already.

like it doesn't take much to improve our offense. what we really need is a OC that will commit to running the ball.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    like it doesn't take much to improve our offense. what we really need is a OC that will commit to running the ball.
    Iím just wondering what the scheme will look like!

We have a zone blocking guy in Scangarello whoís more than likely going to prefer a lighter mobile set of linemen.

We also hired the best O-line coach in football yet his style is the complete opposite with rather large maulers at the line of scrimmage.

Another hybrid scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Iím just wondering what the scheme will look like!

We have a zone blocking guy in Scangarello whoís more than likely going to prefer a lighter mobile set of linemen.

We also hired the best O-line coach in football yet his style is the complete opposite with rather large maulers at the line of scrimmage.

Another hybrid scheme?
    he runs the more new age zone. where you want big freaks on the o-line. the shanahan era of small linemen are gone. all of san franciscos linemen where about average size. STaley was a little on the small side. and Richburg is 290 which is kinda average for a center. so i would say lighter but definitely they want a mobile line.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I’m just wondering what the scheme will look like!

We have a zone blocking guy in Scangarello who’s more than likely going to prefer a lighter mobile set of linemen.

Another hybrid scheme?
    Munchak is a zone blocking guy. When he got to Pittsburgh he installed the zone game that they had success with. The lighter, mobile thing has really become a thing of the past because most high school and college teams now run at least some zone blocking, so almost every lineman will have experience with it by the time they reach the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    he runs the more new age zone. where you want big freaks on the o-line. the shanahan era of small linemen are gone. all of san franciscos linemen where about average size. STaley was a little on the small side. and Richburg is 290 which is kinda average for a center. so i would say lighter but definitely they want a mobile line.
    To add to this, if a lineman can pull and kick out (what most mauling lines do) they can climb to the second level in the zone game.

I don't know if this will make you feel better, but I feel much better about our offense with our "rookie" OC than if we had Kubiak. As far as the inexperienced coaches pulling together an offense, that is what we want. A new, fresher approach and new amount of energy in those offensive meetings. I prefer that over, "OK, we slant left and our RB counters, and here's the "surprise", the QB continues on a bootleg and sometimes throws the ball"
    OK, maybe Kubiak's offense wasn't that predictable, but I definitely want to see some new uses of motion and sweeps.

So wait they havenít even coached a single game yet and people already have 0 faith in them?

Can we at least wait and see what it looks like in Pre-season with most of the roster additions in place by then?

I’m just wondering what the scheme will look like!

We have a zone blocking guy in Scangarello who’s more than likely going to prefer a lighter mobile set of linemen.

Another hybrid scheme?
    You're not thinking in the current NFL. No team wants "smaller" linemen. And, all teams, run zone blocking the majority of the snaps. As someone else already said, if you don't have linemen who are big and mobile, then you won't be successful because the defenses are waaaayyyyy too sophisticated and talented to allow anything else to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    So wait they haven’t even coached a single game yet and people already have 0 faith in them?

Can we at least wait and see what it looks like in Pre-season with most of the roster additions in place by then?
    Agreed, it's ridiculous to think the offense won't be better. Of course it will. Will it be better enough?? That I don't know and until we get a stud at QB, I'm not sure we'll be that contender we all want, but we surely will be better.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Considering Kubiak wanted Dennison over Munchak, itís safe to say itís best he went to Minnesota.

I think we should give the new coaching staff a chance before we doubt their abilities.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Honestly, an improved O-Line will work wonders for our team. Munchak could possibly be the best coaching hire of the offseason. I'm hoping this coaching crew can stay together for a couple years and steadily improve. Much of it will come down to whether Munchak stays or gets a head coaching job. If Scangarello can turn this offense around, he may be a hot coaching candidate as well. Personally, I think this has all the makings for a rockstar coaching staff.