Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    Am I being super bias or something? We hired a head coach whose defensive coach. Our offensive coordinator we hired, has never been an OC before. Am I missing something? Can someone please talk some reason into me about this because for the love of god, it seems like our offense is going to be stagnant again for the next few years. If you ask me, it feels like this hiring back fired on Elway. I think he was really expecting Kubs to be the OC, and now we're stuck with a rookie OC and a defensive head coach.... again. I mean, our defense might not be what it was a few years ago, but it surely isn't our weak point right now. Our offense is.

Elway told Kubes to take a hike. He literally told him not going to happen. He was not expecting nor backfired. He told Kubiak No! Then san fran BLOCKED elway from interviewing our new OC. Elway literally went to John Lynch and forced the interview so we could hire him. Elway got the man he wanted.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    You're not thinking in the current NFL. No team wants "smaller" linemen. And, all teams, run zone blocking the majority of the snaps. As someone else already said, if you don't have linemen who are big and mobile, then you won't be successful because the defenses are waaaayyyyy too sophisticated and talented to allow anything else to be successful.
    Not really. Most teams employ a percentage of some kind of zone blocking (inside, outside, etc.) but not a majority of snaps. For example, the Panthers, Cardinals, and Jaguars, and Bills mostly run gap-schemes or gap- and man,

With linemen out of HS and through college more familiar with zone blocking a lot of NFL teams are using hybrid zone schemes or are slightly more or less ZBS so smaller players are not so necessary anymore when larger players are often just as fast and agile yet more able to play strength and leverage.

https://www.xandolabs.com/conceptblo...ber/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Elway told Kubes to take a hike. He literally told him not going to happen. He was not expecting nor backfired. He told Kubiak No! Then san fran BLOCKED elway from interviewing our new OC. Elway literally went to John Lynch and forced the interview so we could hire him. Elway got the man he wanted.
    ^^^^^^ Pretty much this.

The only caveat was Elway did want Kubes (at least initially - whether it was a first option or best choice in a given situation, we don't know) but he did not want the retreads Kubiak insisted on.
    Last edited by Rastic; 02-07-2019 at 10:58 AM.

It all starts with the offensive line. If we can have a good offensive line, then our offense will be better.

I believe in our new coaches...I just have zero belief in our current starting QB.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    I really dont see why everyone uses jimmy G as an example of a successful QB. He had some success for a few games with the patriots before he got hurt but every quarterback does well there. He went on to the 49ers and had a nice little win streak there at the end of the season to make him undefeated as a starting QB.

yes he has been backup to brady most of his career but his career stats are 17 td 8 int with just under 3000 yards at 27 years old. I can understand being excited about him, but i dont understand why he is brought up as a top 10 qb by so many. He seems pretty average so far and you could make the argument that he is injury prone already.
    Just like other discussions on these boards have gone. It is not fully fair to look solely at the stats. You need to look at the games and how they were played in general as well as the talent on the roster. What is also important to note is that he is 6-2 in the past two seasons (5-0 to close out last season and 1-2 this season until he got hurt). I am not bringing up Jimmy at a top 10 guy. I am saying that he is the type of QB which I'd happily take for our team. I think that he can elevate a team and push them to win. 2019 will be a HUGE year for him. He will either come back and remind everyone WHO he is or I suppose he might get hurt again.

I do believe and I agree with you that he can enter into a conversation of injury prone....If we go down that road though then we need to also include Carson Wentz as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Honestly, an improved O-Line will work wonders for our team. Munchak could possibly be the best coaching hire of the offseason. I'm hoping this coaching crew can stay together for a couple years and steadily improve. Much of it will come down to whether Munchak stays or gets a head coaching job. If Scangarello can turn this offense around, he may be a hot coaching candidate as well. Personally, I think this has all the makings for a rockstar coaching staff.
    I'm right there with you.

When our coaching search started, I was about 40% optimistic. The fact that we went with an experienced, successful defensive coach, still got Munchak, and got guy who spent years sharing ideas with Kyle Shanahan has brought that number up considerably. I'm pretty excited. Way more excited than I was after we brought in Joseph, and got rid of Philips, anyway.

I've always thought VERY highly of Kubiak. Hate to see him go, but prying Scangarello away from SF was a good move, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    It all starts with the offensive line. If we can have a good offensive line, then our offense will be better.
    I agree, in terms of talent. The Broncos have had so many terrible Drafts (previous to last year) that we are now in a position where we have to play "catch-up" on a talent level. You could have God coaching the Broncos and it wouldn't do any good without the talent. We need a lot of Draft Picks, and a Draft as good as last years Draft appears to be. Which is why I hate the idea of moving up for .................. whoever, when we will be losing valuable picks the Broncos need to up the talent level on this team. If anything, this team needs to move down to stock up on more Draft Picks. And I say that with the hope that Kubiak wasn't solely responsible for last years good Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Don't know how accurate it is, but I read that it was Kyle Shanahan who cleared the path. He initially said no because he didn't want to lose someone he valued, but then he apparently called Elway to make sure that it was a true promotion with play calling duties attached and once he confirmed it was he gave his blessing.

In all honesty, anyone would be an improvement over VJ and they can only improve on everything he screwed up.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    Am I being super bias or something? We hired a head coach whose defensive coach. Our offensive coordinator we hired, has never been an OC before. Am I missing something? Can someone please talk some reason into me about this because for the love of god, it seems like our offense is going to be stagnant again for the next few years. If you ask me, it feels like this hiring back fired on Elway. I think he was really expecting Kubs to be the OC, and now we're stuck with a rookie OC and a defensive head coach.... again. I mean, our defense might not be what it was a few years ago, but it surely isn't our weak point right now. Our offense is.
    The new o-line coach alone will help this offense perform better...no matter what kind of offense they run, run blocking and pass protection is the key
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

It's because Kyle's coming. Lol
    Elway to Ellis job
    Lynch to GM
    Kyle co head coach offense.

Josh McDaniels to 49ers HC with some other Pats GM there. Welker already there waiting to help McD knowing both his and Pats system. Helps conversion.

Just a matter of time now...

Garoppolo Kyle for Von and Case, Book it.

It looks thin now because we planned out. Well I did, taking you're exact logic as a path to my conclusion.

When you look at what was around and available in the league, there weren't many slam-dunk home runs for offensive coaching. Kubiak might have been a fit, but he wanted to bring in coaches that were not going to elevate this team. Elway stated first and foremost that he wanted to evolve the offense, and to explore options at coaching that matched college quarterback concepts - that does not describe Kubiak.

That said, good coaches benefit from good coordinators. Mike Munchak is the premier offensive line coordinator, so much so that Ben Roethlisberger went on record that he would move Munchak's family from Denver to Pittsburgh just to keep him as their O-line coach. Scangarello is going to benefit from a solid O-line so that he focus on grooming our franchise QB and running the offense he wants. Last season Musgrave had the error of not adapting to the player personnel, which I don't see in Scangarello.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...cos-127204452/
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    ^^^^^^ Pretty much this.

The only caveat was Elway did want Kubes (at least initially - whether it was a first option or best choice in a given situation, we don't know) but he did not want the retreads Kubiak insisted on.
    Which makes me wonder how in the world did Elway plan on having Kubiak as the OC, only to never have had a discussion about coordinators Kubiak would have? Or about the general vision of the offense? It comes off as very poorly planned, and makes you wonder how much of the personnel around Fangio are people he actually wants.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Considering Kubiak wanted Dennison over Munchak, itís safe to say itís best he went to Minnesota.

I think we should give the new coaching staff a chance before we doubt their abilities.
    This still blows my mind. You have a chance at Munchak, but you want Dennison to the point of quitting in protest?

#WhatInGod'sNameIsWrongWithYou

#ByeFelicia