Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    This still blows my mind. You have a chance at Munchak, but you want Dennison to the point of quitting in protest?

#WhatInGod'sNameIsWrongWithYou

#ByeFelicia
    The weird thing is that Dennison hasn't gone to Minnesota with him...at least to this point. So it could end up being that he left in protest to get his son a QB coach position and get Brian Pariani another NFL job.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The weird thing is that Dennison hasn't gone to Minnesota with him...at least to this point. So it could end up being that he left in protest to get his son a QB coach position and get Brian Pariani another NFL job.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    Am I being super bias or something? We hired a head coach whose defensive coach. Our offensive coordinator we hired, has never been an OC before. Am I missing something? Can someone please talk some reason into me about this because for the love of god, it seems like our offense is going to be stagnant again for the next few years. If you ask me, it feels like this hiring back fired on Elway. I think he was really expecting Kubs to be the OC, and now we're stuck with a rookie OC and a defensive head coach.... again. I mean, our defense might not be what it was a few years ago, but it surely isn't our weak point right now. Our offense is.
    Just because he's never been an OC before, doesn't mean he's going to suck at it. He's been studying under shanny Jr and is a brilliant X's and O's guy. He's also very good at getting a lot out of not good QB's. He's going to be bringing a very similar offense to what Kubiak would have been running, only a bit more up to date. Our offense should be Shanny Jr's offense (which is basically also McVay's offense)

Don't get hung up on the fact that he's a rookie, he's a very good hire and he will improve this offense.

I haven't been this excited about a coaching staff since we hired Shanahan.

We have a lot of coaches stepping up to new or almost new positions. Its nearly an entire rebuild. I hope people are patient enough to get through some possible growing pains before saying all is lost and demand another rebuild.

Im very excited about the new coaches and new attitude in the FO and with the players.

Quote Originally Posted by chessic View Post
    We have a lot of coaches stepping up to new or almost new positions. It’s nearly an entire rebuild. I hope people are patient enough to get through some possible growing pains before saying all is lost and demand another rebuild.

I’m very excited about the new coaches and new attitude in the FO and with the players.
    If history is any indication... no, no one will be very patient as we are tired of losing seasons. However, if there are any improvements in the coming season on both offense and defense most fans might at least go easy on them....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

Quote Originally Posted by chessic View Post
    We have a lot of coaches stepping up to new or almost new positions. Its nearly an entire rebuild. I hope people are patient enough to get through some possible growing pains before saying all is lost and demand another rebuild.

Im very excited about the new coaches and new attitude in the FO and with the players.
    I'm ready to be patient, provided we fully commit and get our preffered rookie QB. If we go through all this youth, inexperience, and growth all over the team and staff but roll around with Case Keenum I will be unhappy.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 02-08-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I'm ready to be patient, provided we fully commit and get our preffered rookie QB. Of we go through all this youth, I experience, and growth all over the team and staff but roll around with Case Keenum I will be unhappy.
    That's how I feel as well.

I'm excited about going into next season with our new coaching staff except for the thought of having to go into next season with Keenum as our starting QB. Hopefully from Day 1, the starting gig goes to the rookie QB we draft rather than having Keenum stymie the new regime and the offense for another season.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Yep, I heard it this morning and figured it was karma for me pointing it out. So I'm going to now point out how I've never won a lottery....

The fact of the matter is that Case Keenum SUCKS. He is the worst QB in the AFC West and the Broncos have almost ZERO chance to win the division with him at the helm. I know the truth hurts sometimes, the only way out of thus would be to draft a franchise QB, so that is up to Elway. Don't hold your breath would be my advice.

I'm ready to be patient as long as we make it to the playoffs.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

― Mark Twain

Personally I think our O got better the minute VJ and company left.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

― Mark Twain

this system should fit keenum alot better then musgraves system. and i can't look around and say for sure any QB will do better then keenum. only one rookie had better stats then keenum last year, and i don't like the Foles or Bridgewater as massive upgrades. i also feel paying 20k for 2 QBS would harm the franchises. expecially when there is no franchise QB on the market.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I'm ready to be patient, provided we fully commit and get our preffered rookie QB. If we go through all this youth, inexperience, and growth all over the team and staff but roll around with Case Keenum I will be unhappy.
    See I am OK if we go with Case. I really am. If we can re-tool with good to great players in other positions then I am OK with Case being here. What I am NOT OK with is continuing this offensive stagnation and inability to adapt. I look at what we did with Tebow vs. Orton. To me that is the perfect example of what you do and why you do it. You adapt your offense to the player NOT force the player to adapt to the offense.

Look at Goff. right now it is clear that he has talent and CAN play well. What is also clear is that he needs to learn and work on his reading of defenses. McVay I am sure recognizes that and is doing everything he can to put Goff in the correct situations. This past SB is the exception not the rule.

My Biggest concern is that IF we go all-in on a QB we might be reaching. If we do that we risk (in a big way) repeating the P.Lynch scenario. So my thinking is unless our guy is there 100% at 10 then we need to go all out for the main positions of need:

- Interior Defensive rush (NT)
    - ILB
    - CB

This may also be a good year to package current years picks and go for quality and not quantity. So for example if we believe our "guy" is available at ILB or CB near the back-end of the 1st then we should go after him and trade back in to the 1st. Getting that 5th year allows us to cost control and allows for the team to hybrid where needed in the near future with higher prices FA's to fill in gaps. Again quality not quantity. Asuming this approach works well then we may well find ourselves with a UDFA, 3rd-5th RD QB AND potentially needed to do what the Chiefs did to get Mahomes next draft (ie 2- 1st's to grab out guy and pick 1st or 2nd).

In Cases defense, once ES and DT were out of the equation we had one of the weakest receiving groups in the league. And I am not a Case defender.