Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Combine

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Today's results as posted by The Sporting News.
    QB 40-yard dash results

Rank Player 40 time
    1. Trace McSorley 4.57
    2. Tyree Jackson 4.59
    3. Easton Stick 4.63
    4.Nick Fitzgerald 4.64
    5. Drew Lock 4.69
    I knew McSorley would run a good time but I didn't expect Lock to have that good of a time. Its not burner speed by any means but plenty fast enough to get to the edge if/when needed. Considering LeVeon Bell ran a 4.66 id say Lock turned some heads today

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I knew McSorley would run a good time but I didn't expect Lock to have that good of a time. Its not burner speed by any means but plenty fast enough to get to the edge if/when needed. Considering LeVeon Bell ran a 4.66 id say Lock turned some heads today
    Meanwhile Haskins ran a dreadful 5.04. I knew he wasn't fast, but jeez. He'd better be a great pocket passer.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Meanwhile Haskins ran a dreadful 5.04. I knew he wasn't fast, but jeez. He'd better be a great pocket passer.
    Reports was saying he was dealing with leg cramps before he ran but they expect him to run around 4.8 at his pro day which is a solid time for a pocket passer

hackerson numbers with his combine is really nice. i feel he blocks like a O-line me can be a match up nightmare. i know Fant put on the show. but Hockerson tapes way better. and you look at the good to elite TE that put up 1000 yards he fits into that mold. i bet he is the first guy to get to the 1000 mark receiving from this draft.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Rypien struggled on the 10 yard in. He put two in the dirt well in front of his receiver and then the third was high.
    I saw those as well. Otherwise he did pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Well, the good news is, there won't be any more Terrelle Pryor or Vince Young comparisons in here. lol.

I didn't get to catch all of the quarterback workouts, but of what I saw I liked the most were Haskins, Lock, and then Grier. Finley didn't look too bad, and the dude from Washington was solid. Jones and McSorley sucked, I thought. Jackson was inconsistent. It's just drills, but none of these guys seemed to make many throws with anticipation or with a lot of consistency. Feels a lot like the previous classes had better passers. Maybe that's just me. It's cool now to put zero stock in combine drills, so whatever. I'll just pretend that the fact that none of these guys can consistently throw a 7 route, where the receiver can run under it w/o breaking stride and turn up field, isn't a big deal.

Momentum is building toward a ground-shaking start to the draft.

Despite drafting supposed franchise quarterback Josh Rosen early in the 2018 draft, the Arizona Cardinals have been linked to Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray at No. 1 for the last month for often speculative reasons. But NFL Network's Kimberly Jones reported Saturday morning that there is a legitimate expectation around the league that Murray will go first overall to the Cardinals.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...to-be-top-pick
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    He played RT in 2018, moving from G ... 6'4". No experience at LT to replace a LT? He looks pretty good for a RT and if not successful there he can move inside and just keep Bolles at LT.

I actually like Andre Dillard for LT and move Bolles. Hopefully they can get some help for RT in FA also. Dillard may be a little weak for the run but looks like a starting LT right now. He may be able to improve on his run blocking once he has to, at Wash St he didn't need to that much.
    Its beginning to look like the only round 1 prospects for a true LT are Jonah and Dillard? Maybe Greg Little, but he doesn't look like a 1st rounder?
    Depending on how things go in the top 9 picks, maybe the Broncos should consider Dillard at 10 or move back and still have a chance at him... if they don't move too far.
    Dillard may be the best or at least 2nd best pass blocker coming out of college but projecting to the pros I think hell really struggle with strength early on. Id go with Taylor first, Ford second, and then Jonah third. Taylor and Ford have great movement skills with great size and aggression, Ford is just raw with his technique which is why I gave Taylor a higher grade but Ford with the right coach can be the best in this class. Williams is the best technician but a lack of size and physicality concerns me. I dont think Dillard is quite the technician Williams is which is why I rank Dillard lower.

Cajuste is starting to get some hype as well but he looked heavy footed in his games, if he plays outside he will need help against speed rushers despite his insanely long arms. I like him best at OG though.

Ok, finally found it. This is the link to the Combine results for all players and event/exercise or whatever you wanna call it. You can change events and position. If there were not 14 pages of players I'd post the entire list. I will post an updated link each evening though. I was really hoping Cody Ford, OU OL would do better. He complained of stiffness in a shoulder so only 19 reps in the bench press. 5.something in the 40. He did state that he would lift during his pro day trials.
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 03-02-2019 at 05:56 PM.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Any interest in Miles Boykin? 6'4", 4.42, 43" vert, 11'8" broad, 6.77 3-cone. 3 cone half second faster than Metcalf.

How about ELIJAH HOLYFIELD. He is Evander's son. bulk up and move him to LB and let him pummel the opponents!!!

Montez Sweat... 6' 6", 260#.... Ran his 40 in 4.42....
    Adopted player Lindsey

Daniel Jeremiah has Sweat as the 17th best overall player in the draft. Here's his assessment:

Sweat is a tall, long and athletic defensive end. As a pass rusher, he relies on a quick get-off and his length to pop/separate before bending around the edge to generate sacks. He doesn't show much snap/power on contact, but he still finds ways to win. His effort is excellent. Against the run, he plays a little high and will get moved around by opposing tackles. He will improve once he learns to lower his pads. Sweat is much better versus tight ends. He has the agility to drop into the flat in coverage. Overall, Sweat needs to get stronger, but his combination of length, agility and production makes him an easy sell in the draft room.

~~~~

Super fast, just needs some work in the weight room. Sounds like an OLB...still with speed.

Wait a second....sounds like a WR, with speed!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-03-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    How about ELIJAH HOLYFIELD. He is Evander's son. bulk up and move him to LB and let him pummel the opponents!!!

Meh...someone will just bite off his ear...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich