Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Combine

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    You can gain 10 to 15 lbs real quick by chugging a couple gallons of water.....
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Yeah when I wrestled in HS there were times we would have to loose weight or gain some . People do it all the time . His playing weight is probably gonna be more like 195.
    It wasn’t just 10-15 lbs though. It was 23 from what I previously looked up. Doubt that is all from chugging water.

Legitimately gaining 10-11 from the 184 I previously saw is still a good gain and less suspect to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    They can't go wrong with either. Very different but both great talents and prospects coming out of college. Despite the (growing) hype, Murray is actually underrated. Let me tell you, he's going to turn heads once he starts playing. As for Rosen, he just needs more time/experience and a better supporting cast in Arizona.

If the compensation is fair, I'd love if we made a move for him, although a part of me wishes for him to succeed in Arizona. Nobody deserves being kicked to the curb like this, less than a season into his young career. I don't like that one bit.
    Kasper, is he Mahomes like, or different in some ways? And it matters not if he is, but I am now officially on the "why not consider him for Denver' ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It wasn’t just 10-15 lbs though. It was 23 from what I previously looked up. Doubt that is all from chugging water.

Legitimately gaining 10-11 from the 184 I previously saw is still a good gain and less suspect to injury.
    You don't believe the other guys???!! Cmon dude, what else could he be ingesting???

I got to get over this, but I already miss Mike Mayock at The Combine. I sure hope they fill in his time with highly credible analysis.

Conversely, I hope he loses his mojo in Oakland, and starts missin the mark on every recommendation he makes....

Last edited by CanDB; 03-01-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    You don't believe the other guys???!! Cmon dude, what else could he be ingesting???

My point was it wasn’t a measurement from like a month ago to yesterday where he gained 25 pounds. The 184 I looked up was supposedly well over a year ago but the last time he had officially reported his weight.

I could think of tons of ways to gain 25 pounds over a 1-2 year period. Including what you referenced above.

Kasper, is he Mahomes like, or different in some ways? And it matters not if he is, but I am now officially on the "why not consider him for Denver' ballot.
    I wouldn't compare him to Mahomes. They're very different. Both are excellent in their ability to avoid pressure and both play with a lot of moxy/poise, but other than that, Murray is very much his own. I'm not really much for comparing him to other players to be honest with you. I've seen the comparisons and I don't think any of them are accurate. The problem with comparing him is that you risk making a general assumption.

Murray is a passer first, runner second and he's very good at both, that's what makes him special. As a runner, he doesn't just have quick feet, he's also fast. As a passer, his mechanics are compact and generates a lot of torque with a high release point. Because of that, the ball comes out with a better trajectory and velocity than a taller quarterback with sloppy mechanics and a low release point. He can make all the throws in the book and has made a ton of stunning deep balls. Excellent awareness in the pocket which can help negate any shortcomings on the offensive line (yes we have Munchak now, but still).

I'm no expert but he's far and away my highest rated quarterback in this draft.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Oh and welcome aboard the hype train. Kid is gonna be special, but I doubt it will be for us.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    My point was it wasn’t a measurement from like a month ago to yesterday where he gained 25 pounds. The 184 I looked up was supposedly well over a year ago but the last time he had officially reported his weight.

I could think of tons of ways to gain 25 pounds over a 1-2 year period. Including what you referenced above.
    I was kiddin, and I am sure you know that. But I was surprised how solid he is, assuming the latest weigh in was his normal size. That made me wonder as you did, but in a slightly different way, as in, this guy is almost big/ripped (which he may still be) for his height. And I pictured a leaner specimen. But at least now I know the truer story, that he is more like a 180/190 type.

I was kiddin, and I am sure you know that. But I was surprised how solid he is, assuming the latest weigh in was his normal size. That made me wonder as you did, but in a slightly different way, as in, this guy is almost big/ripped (which he may still be) for his height. And I pictured a leaner specimen. But at least now I know the truer story, that he is more like a 180/190 type.
    Yeah I know you were kidding. I was actually giving him the benefit of the doubt though they he may have bulked up with muscle not a cheap way for the combine. He didn’t seem that muscular against Bama or other teams I saw him play. So if he truly put on some weight by working out then good for him.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    I wouldn't compare him to Mahomes. They're very different. Both are excellent in their ability to avoid pressure and both play with a lot of moxy/poise, but other than that, Murray is very much his own. I'm not really much for comparing him to other players to be honest with you. I've seen the comparisons and I don't think any of them are accurate. The problem with comparing him is that you risk making a general assumption.

Murray is a passer first, runner second and he's very good at both, that's what makes him special. As a runner, he doesn't just have quick feet, he's also fast. As a passer, his mechanics are compact and generates a lot of torque with a high release point. Because of that, the ball comes out with a better trajectory and velocity than a taller quarterback with sloppy mechanics and a low release point. He can make all the throws in the book and has made a ton of stunning deep balls. Excellent awareness in the pocket which can help negate any shortcomings on the offensive line (yes we have Munchak now, but still).

I'm no expert but he's far and away my highest rated quarterback in this draft.
    Thx pal! That gives me a quick education on the guy, and now I will be watching him closer in the Combine. I prefer a passer first, and that's what he sounds to be. But a passer with mobility. That's a sweet combo. The height thing can be irrelevant, if he has the poise and football smarts, like Wilson.

And yes, the hype is slowly coming thru, and I am now starting to believe that even Arizona will reconsider their QB situation. But more likely, he will be a top 10 pick, perhaps going before us.

Thx pal! That gives me a quick education on the guy, and now I will be watching him closer in the Combine. I prefer a passer first, and that's what he sounds to be. But a passer with mobility. That's a sweet combo. The height thing can be irrelevant, if he has the poise and football smarts, like Wilson.

And yes, the hype is slowly coming thru, and I am now starting to believe that even Arizona will reconsider their QB situation. But more likely, he will be a top 10 pick, perhaps going before us.
    That's how I'm approaching it as well.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I am starting to really like the idea of grabbing jawann taylor kid can play either tackle spot and he is so smooth. I think he may be the best tackle I have seen sense tunsil with size+movement skills

I'm home for most of today, but am not too keen on the Combine so far. Oliners are critical, but just not feelin it yet. As for RBs, not many big named backs this year. Appears Jacobs is not participating, at least, not so far. Fastest 40 is by Hill, at 4.40.

BUT tomorrow will be fun, with the QBs, WRs and TEs.

Chris Lindstrom made himself some money today. Bradbury will probably get more media buzz but Lindstrom is going to be a great steal at OG.