Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sanders - 2019 Option

I remember reading somewhere that Denver had a few weeks left to decide on Sanders option for 2019 option. I think its like 2.9 mil dead money if we cut him but we save around 10 million cap. Any idea when that date is or did it already pass?

Do you all think we keep him coming off a big injury?
    FIRE VANCE JOSEPH

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that Denver had a few weeks left to decide on Sanders option for 2019 option. I think its like 2.9 mil dead money if we cut him but we save around 10 million cap. Any idea when that date is or did it already pass?

Do you all think we keep him coming off a big injury?
    Id say trade him very cheap like we did with Talib if we really want him off our books!

I see no reason to trade or get rid of Sanders at all. He was and likely still is better than Hamilton. He offers different skillsets than Patrick and Sutton...so I see no need to "move on". Not to mention he seems to be very high energy....why get rid of that?

IMO, we need the experience at WR. I was hoping Sutton and Hamilton would pickup the pace after ES went down and had a few games to shine, but, they didn't. Patrick looked like he could be the better of the three. If, ES is healthy, we should keep him. He's one of the best I've seen at catches in traffic.

The rest of the WR corps is too young. Sanders should stay as an experienced vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Id say trade him very cheap like we did with Talib if we really want him off our books!
    Yeah, trading Talib for next to nothing got this franchise exactly what they deserved in the defensive backfield, last season.

Now people want to trade Von Miller and Emmanuel Sanders, two of the best players on the team. Why don't we also fire Vic Fangio and see if we can get Josh McDaniels to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I don't believe they can trade him because he'd need to clear a physical, which he obviously can't do. The team trading for him would have to hope that he gets cleared early to get back to develop chemistry.

I'm not a big Sanders fan, I've let that be known several times, but I would ask him to rework his contract, switch the contract to have a per game roster bonus, so that he can get back his money if he's able to get healthy and play. I wouldn't release him unless he flat out refuses to do that. Even then I would be talking to the doctors, theres was video from a week ago where he's now walking without any aid, and he's out of his boot, so I'd like to know how far along he is in recovery? Was it a complete tear? etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I see no reason to trade or get rid of Sanders at all. He was and likely still is better than Hamilton. He offers different skillsets than Patrick and Sutton...so I see no need to "move on". Not to mention he seems to be very high energy....why get rid of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    IMO, we need the experience at WR. I was hoping Sutton and Hamilton would pickup the pace after ES went down and had a few games to shine, but, they didn't. Patrick looked like he could be the better of the three. If, ES is healthy, we should keep him. He's one of the best I've seen at catches in traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    The rest of the WR corps is too young. Sanders should stay as an experienced vet.

The problem is the torn achilles that he suffered fairly late in the year. They need to know what his timeline is like to come back (he was out of his boot, and without crutches/cane a week ago) if he's going to be healthy in time for camp, or sometime before the season, I agree with you guys. If he's not going to be ready until midseason, then I would really think twice about it. If he's not going to be ready until November to December, it just makes no sense to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The problem is the torn achilles that he suffered fairly late in the year. They need to know what his timeline is like to come back (he was out of his boot, and without crutches/cane a week ago) if he's going to be healthy in time for camp, or sometime before the season, I agree with you guys. If he's not going to be ready until midseason, then I would really think twice about it. If he's not going to be ready until November to December, it just makes no sense to keep him.
    From Wikipedia concerning Demaryius Thomas torn achilles:

"On February 10, 2011, it was announced that Thomas had torn his achilles tendon while working out and was expected to miss a majority, if not the entirety, of the 2011 season. However, he was surprisingly activated from the Physically Unable to Perform List prior to the start of the season - Broncos general manager Brian Xanders said that Demaryius had responded to rehab well and was "ready to go."

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    From Wikipedia concerning Demaryius Thomas torn achilles:

"On February 10, 2011, it was announced that Thomas had torn his achilles tendon while working out and was expected to miss a majority, if not the entirety, of the 2011 season. However, he was surprisingly activated from the Physically Unable to Perform List prior to the start of the season - Broncos general manager Brian Xanders said that Demaryius had responded to rehab well and was "ready to go."
    Thomas didn't have a completely ruptured tendon. I'm not sure of the severity of Sanders injury? Fully torn takes longer to come back from. There's also the age difference, Thomas was significantly younger when he partially tore his AT. And then you've got genetics, some people just heal faster than others.

A better comparison could be Richard Sherman, he ruptured his AT in week 10 of 2017 and was back for the entire 2018 season.

IMO Sanders has been the most consistent receiver we have had the last couple of years. From all I have read he is very well respected and liked in the locker room. The injury complicates things. I'm sure they are monitoring it closely. Thankfully we aren't in cap hell, we actually have some room to work with. If it were me and his rehab looked good, I am doing everything I can to keep him and get him back on the field and on the practice field with the younger receivers. I believe when we let DT go we were counting on Sanders to be the Vet presence. I would still like to see him be that. For our receivers and for whoever is under center.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Sanders was probably having his best year to date, but returning from that injury at his age is a tall order.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 02-11-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Thomas didn't have a completely ruptured tendon. I'm not sure of the severity of Sanders injury? Fully torn takes longer to come back from. There's also the age difference, Thomas was significantly younger when he partially tore his AT. And then you've got genetics, some people just heal faster than others.

A better comparison could be Richard Sherman, he ruptured his AT in week 10 of 2017 and was back for the entire 2018 season.
    If Sanders is walking without a limp, and is out of his "boot", I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Yeah, trading Talib for next to nothing got this franchise exactly what they deserved in the defensive backfield, last season.

Now people want to trade Von Miller and Emmanuel Sanders, two of the best players on the team. Why don't we also fire Vic Fangio and see if we can get Josh McDaniels to come back.
    I say trade him for very little if we needed the cap space. I donít care what smart ass remarks it draws out. Itís a business and if Elway needs the cap space then you trade him for next to nothing to get him off the books.

Thought Talib & TJ got traded because they constantly called VJ out in the locker room?