Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Sanders is a keeper. No question.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    I think for Sanders its either keep him or cut him after an injury settlement.

Whos going to trade for a receiver on the wrong side of 30 coming off a major injury?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.

He has one year left on his contract at ~13M. At his age (32 on March 17) and his injury, it is hard to determine how well he can play in 2019. The Broncos can save 10.25M if he is cut ... or traded, probably not realistic to trade him while he is injured. If I were the one to make the decision; he would have to rework his contract to be more cap friendly in 2019, probably by adding 1-2 years to his contract and spreading the money over 3 years, for instance. If he isn't willing to rework his contract then he would be cut. Too much money - 13M - and risk that his production will drop off due to age and injury. I don't think the Broncos are a WR away from contending for a SB next season and with his current contract he is not part of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I think for Sanders its either keep him or cut him after an injury settlement.

Whos going to trade for a receiver on the wrong side of 30 coming off a major injury?
    Hell have a market, hes still a top receiver in this league. The Patriots would almost certainly be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Thought Talib & TJ got traded because they constantly called VJ out in the locker room?
    TJ was a good trade and we made the right call. Talib still is a great player and we really shouldn't have gotten rid of him. In hindsight perhaps we should have cut VJ and kept Talib.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I see no reason to trade or get rid of Sanders at all. He was and likely still is better than Hamilton. He offers different skillsets than Patrick and Sutton...so I see no need to "move on". Not to mention he seems to be very high energy....why get rid of that?
    Age and cap savings.....that's what it always comes down to anymore.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Age and cap savings.....that's what it always comes down to anymore.
    Unless he is hurt and cannot play for the first 4-5 weeks then I'd understand moving on. Aside from that our current WRs Sutton & Hamilton were both visibly worse than Sanders...I appreciate letting him walk at the end of his contract but not now.

I don't think he's on the team in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Unless he is hurt and cannot play for the first 4-5 weeks then I'd understand moving on. Aside from that our current WRs Sutton & Hamilton were both visibly worse than Sanders...I appreciate letting him walk at the end of his contract but not now.
    Sutton and Hamilton are both on the upswing in their career, the same can not be said for Sanders. You can also add a veteran receiver for cheaper than what Sanders will cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Sutton and Hamilton are both on the upswing in their career, the same can not be said for Sanders. You can also add a veteran receiver for cheaper than what Sanders will cost.
    If we do that I hope it is a slot type receiver. I might not want them to be too veteran but a guy that can break down defenses over the middle would be a great find.

We have so many holes on our team. If we keep Sanders then we are solid at WR. That and RB seem like about the only positions we could say that about. I really hope we keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    If we do that I hope it is a slot type receiver. I might not want them to be too veteran but a guy that can break down defenses over the middle would be a great find.
    I was thinking Golden Tate, but he's probably outside the price range they'd want to spend. Cole Beasley is a good slot receiver. Cordarrelle Patterson would add a lot of speed and add a deep threat (moving Hamilton to the slot) and he would instantly give Denver a top returner.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    If Sanders is walking without a limp, and is out of his "boot", I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
    Walking without a boot is still a long way from jogging, jumping, being able to run, being able to cut while running etc. When a player has a serious injury (which this is) and the team has a set window to exercise an option on him or let him go (which we're currently in) you should probably think about it then, rather than assuming he'll be good by August because he was walking without a boot (still a limp though).

E. Sanders is a Playmaker I would hate to see him leave Denver....

Despite our young receivers proving how overrated they were once Sanders went down, I have faith in that group, and I would move on from Sanders now to save money. I love Sanders, but I am hoping for a young quarterback to be starting next season, and I believe his attitude and past history of pressuring his quarterback to get him the ball is not beneficial in that situation. That money can be much better spent in my opinion, and I hope we commit to a full re-build, and the start of that is clearing veteran contracts and creating opportunities for young guys to play and develop.