Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Despite our young receivers proving how overrated they were once Sanders went down, I have faith in that group, and I would move on from Sanders now to save money. I love Sanders, but I am hoping for a young quarterback to be starting next season, and I believe his attitude and past history of pressuring his quarterback to get him the ball is not beneficial in that situation. That money can be much better spent in my opinion, and I hope we commit to a full re-build, and the start of that is clearing veteran contracts and creating opportunities for young guys to play and develop.

JE will never say Re Building...

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I think for Sanders it’s either keep him or cut him after an injury settlement.

Who’s going to trade for a receiver on the wrong side of 30 coming off a major injury?
    I would expect Belechic would, as a matter of fact he may go after DT now that he was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    And nor should he....

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

DT had 6 fewer receptions than Sutton in half the number of games. And that's with DTs playing time being ratcheted back as Sutton got more playing time.

WOW, I have to shake my head in amazement that some people on these Boards want to trade the two best players left on the this talent-challenged team (Sanders and Von Miller) after we have traded one of the best CBs in the league (who played in the Superbowl) and our best WR, receiving virtually nothing in return.

I was not exactly thrilled with Manning in his final year heck year and a half. He was definitely on the downside in talent and age. He also cost a lot. But if he proved anything to me, he proved that veteran leadership that is respected goes a long way as it should. The team followed him. To a SB win. He was the piece that really brought it together in the end.

Sanders was having a pretty good year before the injury, especially with the line and qb issues. He is well respected player on the field as well as in the locker room. He is our veteran receiver for the younger guys to learn from. He is the best receiver by far on the team and one of the best players. If his rehab goes well, I sure hope we keep him. I understand that some vets could be acquired cheaper. I did not hear any names that I thought would be better on or off the field or that I think would be better to learn from. If it were up to me, He stays.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 02-12-2019 at 06:16 PM.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Walking without a boot is still a long way from jogging, jumping, being able to run, being able to cut while running etc. When a player has a serious injury (which this is) and the team has a set window to exercise an option on him or let him go (which we're currently in) you should probably think about it then, rather than assuming he'll be good by August because he was walking without a boot (still a limp though).
    the test is if he can still stretch the field when hes healthy.

I am pretty sure we have to make the decision sometime in early march. There is no way he will be remotely healthy by then. I think you have to cut the guy. Can you really afford to wrap up 13 million in a good who may not get right? I Get all the sanders love, but man thats a huge risk.
    FIRE VANCE JOSEPH

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    After over seeing the first back to back losing seasons in over 40 years here in Denver, maybe it's time he commits to a re-build instead of living in this fantasy world he lives in thinking he can slap band-aids on this poorly built roster and take them somewhere.

News I heard today was if San Francisco cannot trade for AB, they’ll definitely be targeting Emmanuel Sanders.

Hmm I wonder if this could involve a couple of high draft picks assuming the don’t get AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    I am pretty sure we have to make the decision sometime in early march. There is no way he will be remotely healthy by then. I think you have to cut the guy. Can you really afford to wrap up 13 million in a good who may not get right? I Get all the sanders love, but man thats a huge risk.
    The Cap hit is the same, no matter when he is traded, or cut. There is no risk, whatsoever, that I'm aware of in waiting until the Broncos find out if he is healthy.

https://overthecap.com/player/emmanuel-sanders/1597/

Personally, I think the people suggesting we get rid of one of the best players on the team is INSANE.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    The Cap hit is the same, no matter when he is traded, or cut. There is no risk, whatsoever, that I'm aware of in waiting until the Broncos find out if he is healthy.

https://overthecap.com/player/emmanuel-sanders/1597/

Personally, I think the people suggesting we get rid of one of the best players on the team is INSANE.
    OTC left out parts of the contract, if he's on the roster after March 12th, part of his salary becomes guaranteed. The cap penalty now ($2.68 million) is the remaining portion of his signing bonus. If they don't release him or rework before March 12th then his cap hit to release him would become just shy of $4.2 million.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...-sanders-6590/

I like Over The Cap because I think the overall layout is better, but Spotrac has way more details about bonuses and guarantees.

i don't think he has lost a step yet. so i think it would be a mistke to let him go. but we need a speedy WR in the next few years drafts. Sanders is 30 and should drop off soon. we just need to be ready.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

It's very much dependent on his health. If he can come back to where he was he's absolutely worth keeping on.

What we've done in the past in these situations where we have this much leverage, and honestly I'm not a big fan of treating players this way, is to ask him to take a pay cut with the understanding if he doesn't we will release him.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    After over seeing the first back to back losing seasons in over 40 years here in Denver, maybe it's time he commits to a re-build instead of living in this fantasy world he lives in thinking he can slap band-aids on this poorly built roster and take them somewhere.
    And Joe Flacco has been traded for

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    News I heard today was if San Francisco cannot trade for AB, they’ll definitely be targeting Emmanuel Sanders.

Hmm I wonder if this could involve a couple of high draft picks assuming the don’t get AB.
    I LOVE where your head is at...

Trade ES and #10 and next years 2nd rd pick for #2.... Draft Haskins/Murray/Lock

Free up money get your QB of the future and start Sutton/Sunshine on outside and Hamilton/Cracraft in the slot.

- GB2