Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Why not trade for Carson Wentz or Jared Goff? Or Baker Mayfield? Or Patrick Mahommes?

Or Drew Brees or Tom Brady?

Probably because those teams aren't bailing on their QBs. Especially teams that have only had their QB for a short time.

And what would it take to get Josh Rosen, a QB who was taken with the 10th Pick in the 1st Round of last years Draft? Our 1st and 2nd this year, and a 1st, next year? Or how about we just offer a conditional 5th Round pick, sometime down the road?

It's just not going to happen.
    Donít know why you needed to be smart with your response. Rosen getting traded out isnít completely out of the question. Plus, with ties between the HC and Murray only add to it. I donít think itís likely but I can see someone trading a top 15 pick for them to get their QB Murray and another top tier guy. Makes sense.

Threads merged and re-opened. Have fun

It got interesting again the other day with the Cardinals GM not giving a clear endorsement of Rosen when asked point blank

"'Is Josh Rosen our quarterback? Yeah, he is right now, for sure.'"
    https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/car...sh-rosen-draft

Right now... ok

Let's say that the Cardinals take Murray and trade Rosen away. I would still personally rather have Lock but if I were grouping all the "young QBs" together, rosen would be 2nd ahead of Murray and Haskins and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Donít know why you needed to be smart with your response. Rosen getting traded out isnít completely out of the question. Plus, with ties between the HC and Murray only add to it. I donít think itís likely but I can see someone trading a top 15 pick for them to get their QB Murray and another top tier guy. Makes sense.
    Trading ANY QB in the NFL "isn't out of the question". Is Josh Rosen a better QB than Paxton Lynch? Or Brock Osweiler? We held onto those 2 for quite a while. And what would it say about a Front Office that bails on their 1st Round pick after less than a year?

Trading ANY QB in the NFL "isn't out of the question". Is Josh Rosen a better QB than Paxton Lynch? Or Brock Osweiler? We held onto those 2 for quite a while. And what would it say about a Front Office that bails on their 1st Round pick after less than a year?
    Different scenario because JE for some reason thought Paxton was going o pull through plus we had Case. While it would have been nice to still draft a QB within 5 it wasnít something we absolutely had to do.

As far as a FO letting go a 1st rounder in one year. This scenario is a little difference if the same staff and HC were there. New Coach in the building, why not give him who he is comfortable with. Plus, you know you can still get a high pick for Rosen. No one is going to look at that franchise and be like, ď they are quitters on their high picksĒ because of one example. I think people would understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Threads merged and re-opened. Have fun

It got interesting again the other day with the Cardinals GM not giving a clear endorsement of Rosen when asked point blank

"'Is Josh Rosen our quarterback? Yeah, he is right now, for sure.'"
    https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/car...sh-rosen-draft

Right now... ok
    I have seen that 8nterview and a few. It's not 9ut of the possibility, but at this point my bets are on nick bosa or Quienn Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Different scenario because JE for some reason thought Paxton was going o pull through plus we had Case. While it would have been nice to still draft a QB within 5 it wasn’t something we absolutely had to do.

As far as a FO letting go a 1st rounder in one year. This scenario is a little difference if the same staff and HC were there. New Coach in the building, why not give him who he is comfortable with. Plus, you know you can still get a high pick for Rosen. No one is going to look at that franchise and be like, “ they are quitters on their high picks” because of one example. I think people would understand.
    And, right now, we have Keenum who Elway said that we may keep at a reduced rate on a new Contract as a backup, and we are in the midst of Trading for Flacco. How would a "Rosen" fit into that situation? The answer is, "he wouldn't", IMO.

And how about the Tim Tebow situation? Josh mcdaniels Drafted him, he hardly played his 1st year, we fired McDaniels, Elway was brought in who brought in Fox, and Tebow was thrown into the fire. And after some success with Tebow, we gave him the boot when we brought in Manning. And after spending a 1st Round Draft choice on a QB who lead the Broncos into the Playoffs, including a Playoff victory, what did we receive in return for Tebow? Next to nothing.

The point is that I'd be shocked to see a team spend a high, 1st Round Pick on a QB, and then give him the boot for next to nothing, after one year. No matter what the Coach's history is. It reflects badly on the Front Office, and the Franchise. And I'm not talking about "Ego" or "Pride" of how people are "going to look at that franchise", I'm talking about consistency and practicality of a Billion dollar business.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 02-28-2019 at 02:17 PM.

And, right now, we have Keenum who Elway said that we may keep at a reduced rate on a new Contract as a backup, and we are in the midst of Trading for Flacco. How would a "Rosen" fit into that situation? The answer is, "he wouldn't", IMO.

And how about the Tim Tebow situation? Josh mcdaniels Drafted him, he hardly played his 1st year, we fired McDaniels, Elway was brought in who brought in Fox, and Tebow was thrown into the fire. And after some success with Tebow, we gave him the boot when we brought in Manning. And after spending a 1st Round Draft choice on a QB who lead the Broncos into the Playoffs, including a Playoff victory, what did we receive in return for Tebow? Next to nothing.

The point is that I'd be shocked to see a team spend a high, 1st Round Pick on a QB, and then give him the boot for next to nothing, after one year. No matter what the Coach's history is. It reflects badly on the Front Office, and the Franchise. And I'm not talking about "Ego" or "Pride" of how people are "going to look at that franchise", I'm talking about consistency and practicality of a Billion dollar business.

Let me answer the bolded for you----He could be the future which neither Keenum nor Flacco offers. He could end up being the starter for the next decade or more.

As for a reflection on anything when it comes to the Cards, don't think so. It would be that a new regime with their own ideas on offense want their own guy. If your gonna hire them and hold them accountable then you let them do it their way. Their way is why you hired them to begin with. And as the old saying goes:

'If I'm going to be asked to cook the meal, I'd like to buy the groceries."

Bill Parcells
    And if they are going to pick up any new qb to start the best thing for them and Rosen would be for him to have a chance somewhere else and them to get something for him.

It would be perfectly understandable from all sides don't see a problem with it.

Question would be, what would he go for?

He kinda slipped in the draft from where he was "supposed" to be drafted, and now being traded a year later. Definitely won't be raising his trade stock.

Would love to have him, but would depend on the price.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

Trading for Rosen would be a tough proposition in my opinion. Arizona if asked would likely want to recoup their 10th overall. While Rosen is promising, if Elway passed on him last year at that price he probably hasn't changed his mind since.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Trading for Rosen would be a tough proposition in my opinion. Arizona if asked would likely want to recoup their 10th overall. While Rosen is promising, if Elway passed on him last year at that price he probably hasn't changed his mind since.
    If they want Murray enough then they will deal Rosen for less than a 1st if they have to.

Sure, send a 2nd and Case to Az for Chosen Rosen.
    Free some cap place and reunite two former Cougars (MURRAY can sit behind case till he's ready)

I don't know. Rosen had a bad rookie season. There's also the perception that he has a rich kid attitude. His stock has fallen since last year.

If Arizona had a new General Manager, I would think it was possible to get Rosen for something lesser than what they drafted him for, but the man who drafted Rosen is still in charge, and he will not admit that it was a mistake after just one season. If I am Arizona, I am using that top pick to get Rosen some help, and looking to build around him. Rosen can play, he showed some flashes, and if he was to by some chance become available, I would be happy to give up a combination of 2nd round picks over the next 2 years, I think that could get it done as well as the shinny new toy appeal has worn off, and if Arizona are willing to trade him, it shows they want to go in a different direction essentially decreasing his value.

Rosen had a tough season (especially against us!), but showed some improvement. That Cardinals offense didn't do him any favors. I kind of doubt the Cardinals would want to swap out the QB this quickly, given that QB's are always a crapshoot, and Murray isn't guaranteed success any more than Rosen. But if they did go that route, I'd be happy getting Rosen. We passed on him last year, but the calculus has changed after Keenum disproved the idea that we were only an upgraded QB away from competitiveness. At 10, we're not really in the Murray sweepstakes with his measurements coming in better than expected. We may not be be able to get Haskins or Lock either, depending on how the top 9 picks shake out. I'd put Rosen on par in terms of risk/reward with Haskins and Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I don't know. Rosen had a bad rookie season. There's also the perception that he has a rich kid attitude. His stock has fallen since last year.
    if his stock has fallen, and Elway didn't want him before his stock fell, why would he want him now? Unless Arizona wants a 4th, I don't think he's on Elway's radar.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!