Page 124 of 219 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3272

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    You're right. It's an insult to Keenum to be compared to Flacco. At one time they were equals, but Keenum is the better player now.
    And has been for 3 consecutive years.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Did you mean to respond that to me?

My post was referring to something Keenum did a year ago for us against the Chargers.
    I wanted to respond to the post that directly compared Flacco and Keenum. Oh, it looks like that was your post. I actually agree with your assessment, that Keenum played better than Flacco in his first two games. 0-2 is as bad as you can be in your first 2 starts.

Flacco has been pretty good through 2 weeks. There are a lot of issues, but Flacco has been a minor one.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Flacco has been pretty good through 2 weeks. There are a lot of issues, but Flacco has been a minor one.
    He deserves full blame for the errant throw that resulted in a pick.

And he took some sacks last week from holding the ball too long.

He hasnít been Garrett Bolles bad. But he deserves his fair share along with everyone else on the roster. If Von and Chubb can be blamed for being no shows I can blame Flacco for failing to put up legitimate NfL offense points.

Flacco has a QBR of 80 against the Bears. Average would be 50. Conversely Trubiskys QBR was 29, well below average.
    Just to compare qbs against the same team , Aaron Rogers QBR against the Bears week one was 29 and Trubiskys against the Packers was in the teens.
    In what scenario did Flacco perform badly against the Bears defense. I know the loss was a heartbreaker, but cmon man.

He deserves full blame for the errant throw that resulted in a pick.

And he took some sacks last week from holding the ball too long.

He hasnít been Garrett Bolles bad. But he deserves his fair share along with everyone else on the roster. If Von and Chubb can be blamed for being no shows I can blame Flacco for failing to put up legitimate NfL offense points.
    The pick was bad, and he audibled into a situation today that put Fant in 1 on 1 pass blocking rep with Mack, and it cost him a sack. Other than that he has been pretty good.

As for week one, a majority of those were coverage sacks. Von and Chubb were no shows in the pass rushing department, well the whole team was tbh, but they both came up big in run defense. The loss is a variety of reasons, but to me Flacco is towards the bottom of that list.

Flacco still has my support

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    I wanted to respond to the post that directly compared Flacco and Keenum. Oh, it looks like that was your post. I actually agree with your assessment, that Keenum played better than Flacco in his first two games. 0-2 is as bad as you can be in your first 2 starts.
    Keep the following in mind for Keenum:

- DT traded after 8 games
    - Lost Jake Butt to IR after 3 games
    - Lost Sanders to IR after 12 games
    - Heuerman only played 11 games
    - Freeman started only 8 games
    - Sutton and Hamilton were rookies
    - Risner wasnít on the line
    - Leary went on IR after 6 games

Keenum managed to win 6 games. Donít forget Bill Musgrave was the OC and VJ was the Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Keep the following in mind for Keenum:

- DT traded after 8 games
    - Lost Jake Butt to IR after 3 games
    - Lost Sanders to IR after 12 games
    - Heuerman only played 11 games
    - Freeman started only 8 games
    - Sutton and Hamilton were rookies
    - Risner wasnít on the line
    - Leary went on IR after 6 games

Keenum managed to win 6 games. Donít forget Bill Musgrave was the OC and VJ was the Head Coach.
    Keenum was up and down. It was a bad team the last two years, and a bad team again this year. Did anyone really think Flacco could take us over top? That we were just an average game manager QB away?

News flash - we need a good QB. Good QBs aren't available for 4th rounders. You have to draft and develop one.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Keenum was up and down. It was a bad team the last two years, and a bad team again this year. Did anyone really think Flacco could take us over top? That we were just an average game manager QB away?

News flash - we need a good QB. Good QBs aren't available for 4th rounders. You have to draft and develop one.
    Agreed.....

Seeing as the Broncos have more money invested on defense than offense

on 4th and long to end the game, I expect better defensive play.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    You are seriously comparing Case Keenum, a perennial "backup" to Joe Flacco, a perennial STARTER who won a Super Bowl as that Super Bowl's MVP?

In context, yes!

Why are so many so quick to act injured and offended? Geez!

Keenum through 2 games last year.... TS through 2 games and now Flacco... while JF appears more poised and I have more confidence in him overall.... same type of QB play.

Sure, our OL and schemings and playcalling has some impact... but... again, in context... Yes

He also drove the full length of the field in like 25 seconds against the chargers to set up the game winning fg against the chargers too.

Flacco has yet to show me anything that Keenum wasn’t doing for us a year ago. Except starting 0-2. Keenum didn’t do that.
    I know one thing Keenum is way better than Flacco at, ...... if hit a few times - Keenum gets skittish
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Flacco has a QBR of 80 against the Bears. Average would be 50. Conversely Trubiskys QBR was 29, well below average.
    Just to compare qbs against the same team , Aaron Rogers QBR against the Bears week one was 29 and Trubiskys against the Packers was in the teens.
    In what scenario did Flacco perform badly against the Bears defense. I know the loss was a heartbreaker, but cmon man.
    The scanario of points (14 NFL average is 23). the scenario of poor ball placement he was throwing over and behind guys all game, the errant throws like the one to Floyd (that noone mentions) that could have easily been picks

Another thing that noone mentions is his inability to beat the blitz Pagano showed zero respect for Joe because he never showed he could get the ball out quickly and make em pay for rushing 6. If you remember last year with the Browns early on Tyrod looked awful and the line couldn't protect him at all then all of sudden Mayfield comes in and he puts up a ridiculous 123 QBR against the blitz. All of sudden the line looks a hell of alot better when they aren't under siege every down. The line goes from allowing 13 sacks in 3.5 games to 25 in 13.5. Less then half the rate of Tyrod. The fact of the matter is if Joe is going to be a statue back there 1) obviously the line needs to do better 2) Flacco needs to show he can beat the blitz and make big plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Flacco still has my support
    Same here. He was more than solid today. He did his job. It was Bolles and Leary who were the problem.In fact Stink was pointing out how he was getting the ball out in two seconds. Keenum would have had at least 6 sacks.today. We are a much better team with Flacco playing. The sad fact is that there simply isn't very much talent on this team. Could anyone ever imagine that our Defense would have taken a step back from last season?