Page 97 of 120 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1788
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Let me see if I have this straight. The average NFL QB has:

- A 96-67 record
    - A Super Bowl MVP trophy
    - An 84.1 Career QB Rating

Yeah...totally par for the course. Who doesn't have that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won Super Bowls and have winning percentages over .500 (Johnsonís winning% nearly identical). Would you say they were above average quarterbacks?
    Johnson had a shorter career which included 24 less wins and a career QB rating of 82.

Dilfer also had a shorter career with 38 less wins and was 2 games over 500. His career QB rating was 70.2

Playoff wins is where the QBs really seperate

Flacco - 10
    Dilfer - 5
    Johnson - 4

None are QBs I would pick as franchise QB if I had the option but the three qbs are not equal.
    Preventing overreaction of week 1.
    Preventing Death by Inches

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Johnson had a shorter career which included 24 less wins and a career QB rating of 82.

Dilfer also had a shorter career with 38 less wins and was 2 games over 500. His career QB rating was 70.2

Flacco - 10
    Dilfer - 5
    Johnson - 4

None are QBs I would pick as franchise QB if I had the option
    but the three qbs are not equal.
    My thoughts exactly! I wouldnt have chosen Flacco, (or Keenum), but I think he does give us the best starting QB since Peyton. Manning was an on the field coach and changed our teams culture he is on another level. Flacco is a guy who does what hes asked and has made ok players look good. As far as putting him in the group of Qbs like Johnson and Dilfer is ridiculous, Flacco had one of the greatest playoff runs ever. Beat Luck, Manning (at Denver) , Brady ( at New England), on his way to Super Bowl MVP. If fans dont like Flacco cause he hasnt been putting up big numbers then fine dont draft him in your FF league but comparing him to Johnson and Dilfer is disrespectful.
    "Last team to stop the Pats in the AFC reside's in Denver, alomg with the last active AFC Qb

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post

Flacco - 10
    Dilfer - 5
    Johnson - 4

None are QBs I would pick as franchise QB if I had the option but the three qbs are not equal.
    Of course they arenít equal - I donít think any two players are equal. Each had some success with playoff runs leading to Super Bowl wins. Overall they were average to slightly above, with Dilfer being on the lower side. Flacco isnít done yet so weíll have to see how the rest of his career plays out. Hopefully his best football will be this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Let me see if I have this straight. The average NFL QB has:

- A 96-67 record
    - A Super Bowl MVP trophy
    - An 84.1 Career QB Rating

Yeah...totally par for the course. Who doesn't have that?
    W/L is a team thing.
    He shouldn't have even been in that Superbowl, Thanks Champ and Rahim....
    You know who else has a better career rating than him? Cutler, Bradford, Case Keenum, Andy Dalton, Jeff Garcia, Jameis Winston, Alex Smith, Ryan Tannehill, Trent Green... I mean I can keep going, but I've made my case....

Flacco has never been a great QB, he had one good season with Kubiak, then beyond that he rode the coat tails of a strong defense and running game.

Thankfully for him, he should have a strong defense and running game here, but lets not revise history and act like he's good now that he's wearing our colors.

Flacco's really ever only known one team, even if they did switch coordinators. It's a strong possibility he'll perform even worse here having only spent one training camp with new rookie receivers and a new offensive coordinator. I truly think Lock will be starting within the end of this year or the beginning of next year. If flacco brings us to the playoffs, it's unlikely he will accept his current contract with the Broncos. Should that happen it's easy to see this team default to Lock if he's conntinuing to show his progress.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 08-11-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Flacco's really ever only known one team, even if they did switch coordinators. It's a strong possibility he'll perform even worse here having only spent one training camp with new rookie receivers and a new offensive coordinator. I truly think Lock will be starting within the end of this year or the beginning of next year. If flacco brings us to the playoffs, it's unlikely he will accept his current contract with the Broncos. Should that happen it's easy to see this team default to Lock if he's conntinuing to show his progress.
    I think you're spot on

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    howd he do with kubiak in 2014?
    "Last team to stop the Pats in the AFC reside's in Denver, alomg with the last active AFC Qb

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    howd he do with kubiak in 2014?
    Kubiak's not here... You can say it's a similar scheme, but really he's never played with this coordinator until this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Kubiak's not here... You can say it's a similar scheme, but really he's never played with this coordinator until this year...
    Same coaching tree, and was the best offensive season heís had, lost a shootout at New England that year. May not be Kubes but if heís gonna be successful this will be the scheme he can pick up the quickest.

No one has.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Same coaching tree, and was the best offensive season heís had, lost a shootout at New England that year. May not be Kubes but if heís gonna be successful this will be the scheme he can pick up the quickest.
    Right; all the way back to Bill Walsh.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Right; all the way back to Bill Walsh.
    Itís a QB friendly offense. The same guys who doubt Flacco would have doubted Elway going into 1995 with Shannahan at 35. Elway would go onto have his 4 best seasons at age 35-38 playing in an offense that fit his strengths.
    Thatís why Elway views Flacco as not done and in his prime, he only has his career to compare it to, and he knows what itís like to have a team built around you instead of playing for a coach who views you as expendable. Reeves wanted to trade Elway, drafted Maddox instead of a weapon like Carl Pickens, and the Ravens did trade Flacco instead off getting him another weapon they moved up for Jackson.
    Flacco May be done but I understand Elways gamble at bringing him in, one teams trash is another teams gold.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 08-11-2019 at 10:22 PM.

He may be the best QB on our roster, but I honestly think we'd be better off letting Lock learn on the go. Our line is better, it's a better situation for a young QB, just throw him out there and ditch captain I only hail mary and check down.
    This comment made me laugh because we just signed Theo Riddick to pair with Lindsay on those short gains.

When healthy, Riddick is supposed to be used more of as a slot guy (from what Iíve heard) with Lindsay catching out of the back field but Iím not sure how much of that weíll actually get when considering Riddick injury history.

If these two guys (Lindsay and Riddick) are healthy, those checks downs may not be such a bad thing in space because they are both more than capable of getting more yards after the catch but Iím not saying I want to see check downs because If there is one thing I hate on Sunday, itís the damn check downs...

We need 15 (thanks to Garrett Bolles) and Keenum barely tosses it back to the line of scrimmage, nothing more annoying.
    Anyway if Flacco could manage to imitate tom brady tossing it under 10 yards but getting his receivers to do all the work more often than not, it would be ok and I wouldnt mind so much.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-11-2019 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    You can't accredit 97 wins to any player on the team really. But, the plays have to be run thru the QB. Being part of the solution is pure gold. He's 3rd I believe in Playoff wins of active QBs and will probably have a QBR of over 100 in those games. The Broncos this year could be very similar to the Raven teams JF has played on and led to the playoffs in the past as far as the running game and top defense. Our O-line will be improved and he will have a plethora of options at his disposal. His crunch time play is obviously superior considering the playoff wins.
    The simple fact here is that there are a lot of people that really do not understand the difference between fantacy football and the real stuff. The best football stats in predicting wins/losses are tied to the QB including running, sacks, passing..... and correlates at a rate around 85% to wins, and the best defensive stats are around 70% correlation.

The QB is by far the most important player on the team, but if we judge by passer rating as many do her then John Elway was a pretty crappy QB, and by that metric Kyle Orton was better.

The simple fact is that the job of the QB is to win games irrespective whether his name is Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco or John Elway. To do that they essentially need to play situational football and be better than the guy on the other side. Trent Dilfer took over an 5-3 team after 2 losses in a row, lost his first start and then produced 11 wins in a row, was fired. Baltimore then had revolving door at QB without anyone delivering before Flacco's rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    The simple fact here is that there are a lot of people that really do not understand the difference between fantacy football and the real stuff. The best football stats in predicting wins/losses are tied to the QB including running, sacks, passing..... and correlates at a rate around 85% to wins, and the best defensive stats are around 70% correlation.

The QB is by far the most important player on the team, but if we judge by passer rating as many do her then John Elway was a pretty crappy QB, and by that metric Kyle Orton was better.

The simple fact is that the job of the QB is to win games irrespective whether his name is Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco or John Elway. To do that they essentially need to play situational football and be better than the guy on the other side. Trent Dilfer took over an 5-3 team after 2 losses in a row, lost his first start and then produced 11 wins in a row, was fired. Baltimore then had revolving door at QB without anyone delivering before Flacco's rookie season.
    Great points!!!! Might I add the 3 QBs to throw for 50 tds in a season got MVPís but 0 rings.
    Stats and rating are overrated