• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JvDub95
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    I'm not expecting him to be Jeremy Shockey or Gronk in his rookie season (just named two off the top of my head). But that's kind of the point. That position rarely works out for first rounders in the first couple years. If he works out and helps us in 2022, I'll be happy. But, I didn't like the pick for this team. He wasnt even the best TE on his own team. A first round TE seems like a luxury pick when you have so many other needs.
    If Drew lock is going to be successful here he will need all the offensive weapons he can get his hands on. Aside from a good LT we have the WR, TE and RBs ready for him. Next year when they all have the time spent together we'll see an offense that is much more powerful and exciting instead of the completely immobile flat Flacco that is very predictable

​​​​

Comment

• BroncoStampede
      Ring of Famer
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      If Drew lock is going to be successful here he will need all the offensive weapons he can get his hands on. Aside from a good LT we have the WR, TE and RBs ready for him. Next year when they all have the time spent together we'll see an offense that is much more powerful and exciting instead of the completely immobile flat Flacco that is very predictable
      Man, I hope so. That would be awesome.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
        Hall of Famer
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
        Did Lock really need to go on IR? That might have been a mistake by Elway because he cant practice with the team while on IR. If this season gets away from us fast and we are let's say something like 1-7 or 2-6 at week 8, Lock wont be ready to come in right away.

We absolutely at that point need to see what he can do, because this draft is supposed to have a few top end QBs. We need to see Lock in as many games as possible at that point. But, because Elway wanted a roster spot in preseason for a never heard of him guy, Lock's time this year will be limited. Why cant Elway see this strategic stuff a couple of moves in advance?
        Probably not, but it is what it is at this point. Hopefully we get to see him at point if this season continues to be a disaster.

Comment

• Freyaka
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by False Start View Post
          Joe throws a pretty, catch-able, accurate ball even under duress.

Let's keep him. I like Joe. He is not the reason we suck on offense. I don't know why we do suck but it's not because of Joe-Joe.
          Most have been watching separate games, especially in the red zone... Dude was throwing passes at people's feet left and right in the red zone... Sure he's serviceable between the 20's, but in the red zone and under pressure he crumbles most of the time.
          sigpic

Comment

• TheAsianPA
            Captain
            • Oct 2015

At this point in time Flacco is not what we need. He is far too expensive of a player filling a role for a team that isn't ready to compete. Drew Lock should be considered heavily to start when he comes back from IR and we are inevitably out of the playoff picture, but I doubt that happens now because of the brilliant decision to spread Flacco's cap hit out several years.
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Freyaka
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
              People can say what they want to about Flacco, but he's not the issue for us so far through 2 games. He's actually been one of the few bright spots on this team.

That go-ahead touchdown and 2-point conversion were amazing, gutsy throws on his part. He just doesn't have any talent around him. Not saying he's a hall-of-famer - just saying he's been good so far.
              Bright? Sure maybe compared to guys like oz or Trevor, but your standards are low if that's what bright looks like.
              sigpic

Comment

• The Excellector
                Practice Squad
                • Mar 2019

This thing is going to take time to gel. This Scangarello’s first OC got and it shows. He got way too cute in the red zone last week and did it again this week. I also think that they are waiting too late to go with the Sugar huddle.

I’m bout sick of Garrett Bolles. They can keep him out there. I wanted you guys to draft Andre Dillard. I felt that he would have been perfect for this offense and blocking scheme.

I like the WRs. Hamilton seems to be struggling with picking up the changes in the offense and it’s affecting his overall play. Still, I like him though.

The only major talent issue is at TE. There’s nothing going on there that’s scaring a defense. What’s done is done, Fant was drafted, but he was never going to come along this fast.

If there was one disappointment above all, let me ask you guys, why was Scangarello chosen over Kubiak? Why couldn’t Fangio just let Kubiak handle the offense, while he handled the defense?

Overall, it’s just going to take time for everything to gel.

Comment

• mojo0730
                  Football Immortal
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  Bright? Sure maybe compared to guys like oz or Trevor, but your standards are low if that's what bright looks like.
                  You're being way too hard on him. His o-line sucks, the running game isn't doing squat, and he has one consistent target in Sanders. You don't have to agree, but you're expecting too much IMO. He's clearly more accurate, has a better arm, and has a better on-field presence than any quarterback we've had since Manning.
                  sigpic

Comment

• mojo0730
                    Football Immortal
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by The Excellector View Post
                    If there was one disappointment above all, let me ask you guys, why was Scangarello chosen over Kubiak? Why couldn’t Fangio just let Kubiak handle the offense, while he handled the defense?
                    Because Kubiak didn't want to be a full-time offensive coordinator. He wanted to have some planning and play-calling duties but he was going to hand the reigns over to Dennison, who Elway wanted fired after 2016 but Kubiak resigned prior to that happening.
                    sigpic

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2017

I was going to wait until Week 4 to make my judgement on Joe however it is already Week 2 and Denver looks like it could be 0-3 so I might as well go with what I see with my own eyes. The decision to Cap his Numbers by JE was just plain and simple Insane. Why give a QB who is in is Last Years a Contract Extension Basically saying Joe you are Denver's QB for the Next 2-3 Years. That Interception on the Goal Line was Inexcusable. Last Weeks Failure to get 2 Yards and Taking an 8 Yard Sack and This Weeks Performance was just dreadful I get the sense of yet another Case Experiment gone wrong what sucks about it is that I do not think this Team will Even Let Drew Lock play next year which they should and just make Joe the Back Up. Baltimore got rid of him because they knew and well Denver once again bought Fools Gold. The entire offense and it's play calling is suspect and Joe will get credit for the Wins and he will get Credit for the Losses and right now I do not see any wins. I was all for giving Joe the benefit of the doubt however that is long gone our season is over before it even started.

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        You're being way too hard on him. His o-line sucks, the running game isn't doing squat, and he has one consistent target in Sanders. You don't have to agree, but you're expecting too much IMO. He's clearly more accurate, has a better arm, and has a better on-field presence than any quarterback we've had since Manning.

The running game is strong however the OC has no clue how to use it.

Comment

• Spice 1
                          Football Immortal
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                          The running game is strong however the OC has no clue how to use it.
                          Shanahan is quietly doing a masterful job of playcalling in SF this year. We may not have the personnel they have, but I hope Scangarello steals what he can. He might not be able to script like Shanahan does, but there's a lot to admire with how he schemes players into space and sets up the running game.

Breida and Mostert are actually better runners than they get credit for, but it simply does not matter. Heaven help the NFL if he got his hands on an elite back.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                            Captain
                            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            Shanahan is quietly doing a masterful job of playcalling in SF this year. We may not have the personnel they have, but I hope Scangarello steals what he can. He might not be able to script like Shanahan does, but there's a lot to admire with how he schemes players into space and sets up the running game.

Breida and Mostert are actually better runners than they get credit for, but it simply does not matter. Heaven help the NFL if he got his hands on an elite back.
                            What should have happened is that Shanahan was hired over VJ. We are already running his scheme and offense, which probably could have ensured Wade Phillips had stayed.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• mojo0730
                              Football Immortal
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                              What should have happened is that Shanahan was hired over VJ. We are already running his scheme and offense, which probably could have ensured Wade Phillips had stayed.
                              The rumor is that Elway wanted to hire Kyle but that Joe Ellis more or less said no, which was why he had to default back to VJ.
                              sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                                Captain
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                                This is very true. Unfortunately, Elway and Kubiak had spent years trying to get VJ to Denver.
                                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                                X