Thread: Sanders' Injury

Sanders' Injury

Is his injury serious? Could he have returned to the game? Curious how or why he didn't come back if he could have

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Him not coming back and it being a knee injury does not bode well. I would imagine they are waiting on tests to know for sure before announcing it.

ESPNís Jeff Legwold reported Sanders aggravated knee injury from practice earlier in the week:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=401128129

Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders did not play in the second half of Denver's win over the Tennessee Titans because of a knee injury, though all indications, barring something unexpected when he gets treatment with the team's medical staff Monday morning, were that he might be able to play Thursday night against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Sanders had played throughout the first half of the game and was the target on an incomplete pass from Joe Flacco with only 26 seconds left to play in the first half.

Sanders had one catch for no gain in the half and did not return to the game after halftime.

After Sunday's game Broncos coach Vic Fangio said: "I don't know any details yet, all I was told was he hurt his knee a little bit and he wouldn't be returning [to the game]. That's all I've got.''

Sanders had been limited because of the injury in practice this past week on Wednesday and Friday, but had practiced fully on Thursday.

Not saying sanders is done but if he is, does this make activating Tim Patrick over Drew Lock a priority?

I think theyíd need to activate lock, Patrick and Riddick if possible even if Lock doesnít play this season because we still need a backup behind Brandon Allen if Flacco does down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Not saying sanders is done but if he is, does this make activating Tim Patrick over Drew Lock a priority?

I think theyíd need to activate lock, Patrick and Riddick if possible even if Lock doesnít play this season because we still need a backup behind Brandon Allen if Flacco does down.
    I see Sanders being a trade target so Patrick should be activated regardless. Imo, there is no need for Riddick since we don't even use Booker what's the point ???

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Bring Lock and Patrick back . This is the move that should be done.

I think Patrick has to come back with his ability to contribute to the offense and STís.

Lock or Riddick is a tough one to me. Many feel that lock coming back is a no brained but Riddick can contribute to the offense, he is a great receiving back and we could use him as a slot guy. He runs great routes and Flacco could use a veteran to lean on.

Donít get me wrong I canít wait for Lock to take over and be our guy for the next 15 years, I just donít think right now is the time.
    Once we get to where our offensive philosophy is worked out, we have all weapons in place and an oline that can give him time, we will move to the more physically talented qb like KC did with Mahomes to Smith.
    This year we should red shirt Lock and let him learn visually and fully rehab that ligament in his thumb.