Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1205
    Flacco is going to kick a-- in Denver. He will have a bunch of new quality weapons and a strong D. I can tell just by watching 2mins. of tape on him, that he is an upgrade as a passer to CK. He won't have to carry this team with the playmakers he will have. Keep JF upright and he will win games. IMO, the ravens have made a mistake. Jackson is a terrible passer.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I don’t either. Sure he has a great record. But he has never made a pro bowl and his career rating is abysmal. They’ve mostly won in spite of Joe not because of Joe.

People act like we got a guy who was a lot closer to Manning in his prime than Cutler. But truth is we didn’t.

I mean he is on the team now and I have to hope he remains healthy and can perform well enough. But I don’t see how anyone can be excited that we acquired someone who has never been good enough to make a pro bowl in 11 years or post higher than a 93 rating.
    To be fair, he made the Pro Bowl in 2015 but declined to go because of a newborn baby...

And although the league is more pass happy these days then it was when he was playing, Joe Flacco's 'abysmal' career passer rating of 84.1 is better than John Elway's (79.9). And no, I'm not saying anything NEAR or CLOSE that Flacco > Elway. But judging someone off a passer rating is like skipping dinner and going straight to dessert...

I guess I'm trying to say - the option of Joe Flacco was the cleanest turd out of the crapshoot to QB this team for the upcoming year.

Has he declined in the past few seasons? Of course. But there is no reason why he couldn't have a small comeback on this team - a team with a great running attack and a decent defense (who should only get better under Vic Fangio).
    Last edited by Peerless; 03-14-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    Flacco is going to kick a-- in Denver. He will have a bunch of new quality weapons and a strong D. I can tell just by watching 2mins. of tape on him, that he is an upgrade as a passer to CK. He won't have to carry this team with the playmakers he will have. Keep JF upright and he will win games. IMO, the ravens have made a mistake. Jackson is a terrible passer.
    From a former Ravens fan (now following Joe to Denver) I can tell you with absolute certainty that the Ravens made a HUGE mistake letting Flacco go and putting their future in Jackson's hands. Jackson has to play six games in the AFC North (against the Steelers, Bengals and Browns defenses), and will be lucky to have both of his legs attached to his body at the end. The Ravens will be looking desperately for a quarterback by the end of the 2019. I grew up in Baltimore watching Unitas, and then in the 70s with Bert Jones (the best passer that I've ever seen) and then later on with Flacco. The Ravens will be lucky to win 4 games with Jackson. The Broncos should easily make the playoffs. If the Broncos can keep Joe upright he'll take you as far as you want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    To be fair, he made the Pro Bowl in 2015 but declined to go because of a newborn baby...

And although the league is more pass happy these days then it was when he was playing, Joe Flacco's 'abysmal' career passer rating of 84.1 is better than John Elway's (79.9). And no, I'm not saying anything NEAR or CLOSE that Flacco > Elway. But judging someone off a passer rating is like skipping dinner and going straight to dessert...

I guess I'm trying to say - the option of Joe Flacco was the cleanest turd out of the crapshoot to QB this team for the upcoming year.

Has he declined in the past few seasons? Of course. But there is no reason why he couldn't have a small comeback on this team - a team with a great running attack and a decent defense (who should only get better under Vic Fangio).
    I wasnít saying ratings was the only thing. But he also played in an era where its much harder for defenders to play defense and corners to cover without getting PI than John did.

I think most people would generally agree that defense and a solid ground game carried Joe to a ring while he was good at limiting turnovers. I wouldnít call him a game manager or anything but his best ability passing was not making mistakes.

But most people would say John carried the team to the first three Super Bowls though he won with better defense and Davis.

I know you arenít saying they are comparable but to me the ratings have to be taken Into consideration with era. In the 90ís it wasnít common for several QBs to have a 100+ rating.

Joe is playing in an era where 84 is good enough to finish behind 25 QBs in the league.

Iím not saying Flacco canít have a comeback year for us. Iím just saying i donít see how people get excited and expect it. I honestly donít expect him to last the length of the season without getting injured.

This is a highlight video from the NFL of our loss to KC from week 4 of last year:

You can see Keenum blowing big time reads and missing big time throws. The last missed throw would have won us the game if Keenum had made it. To those of you that have been watching Flacco, is Flacco good enough to make those reads and make those throws?

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    This is a highlight video from the NFL of our loss to KC from week 4 of last year:

You can see Keenum blowing big time reads and missing big time throws. The last missed throw would have won us the game if Keenum had made it. To those of you that have been watching Flacco, is Flacco good enough to make those reads and make those throws?
    Absolutely he is. My concern is his consistency over the past couple of years and avoiding his big turnover games that seem to come every 3-4 games. And also his health.

He can make all the throws. Itís just about consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Absolutely he is. My concern is his consistency over the past couple of years and avoiding his big turnover games that seem to come every 3-4 games. And also his health.

He can make all the throws. It’s just about consistency.
    The last 3-4 years he's had jack squat to work with.

He should be the best starting QB for us in many years?
    He seems smart, accurate, and his highlights look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The last 3-4 years he's had jack squat to work with.
    Doesnít mean he has any higher likelihood to stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    Baltimore's farewell to Joe

Imagine what they would be had the Ravens decided to support Joe with serious offensive talent.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ics/joe-flacco
    Thanks for posting that. I basically ignore what the Ravens do, so I hadn't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    From a former Ravens fan (now following Joe to Denver) I can tell you with absolute certainty that the Ravens made a HUGE mistake letting Flacco go and putting their future in Jackson's hands. Jackson has to play six games in the AFC North (against the Steelers, Bengals and Browns defenses), and will be lucky to have both of his legs attached to his body at the end. The Ravens will be looking desperately for a quarterback by the end of the 2019. I grew up in Baltimore watching Unitas, and then in the 70s with Bert Jones (the best passer that I've ever seen) and then later on with Flacco. The Ravens will be lucky to win 4 games with Jackson. The Broncos should easily make the playoffs. If the Broncos can keep Joe upright he'll take you as far as you want to go.
    I think that's key, with almost any QB. Give Joe help on the line and he can do good stuff. Pressure him and he makes dumb mistakes.

Side note on Jackson and the choices that he makes, off the field. Posting a video of himself doing 100MPH+? Unless he was at Dover or Pocono (or some other track), I think he was speeding. He apologized, but why post it. you know?
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Joe is the Denver Broncos Starting QB for the 2019 Season and I Fully Support Joe Flacco as our Starting QB and I fully support the HC Vic Fangio. I am more excited this Year that the Past 2 Years and I cannot wait to see what Joe can do for us. I have hopes to see Denver in Playoffs this year if not I hope for a better prepared team unlike the last 2 years and I am sure Joe Flacco will prove that he is by far Superior to Case. Joe Flacco gives me hope something I lost last year by Week 4 with Case.

If he can stay healthy, and we can improve our O-line, We are Going to have a Pretty darn good QB.
    I think We will be able to move the ball down the field regularly, and score some points.

Flacco should be motivated to solidify his legacy. Elway, Peyton... both won SB championship as late 30-year-olds.

DEN has better weapons on offense than he had in BaL, and DEN is building another elite defense.

If heís just a tad above average, the team will win 10 games and make the playoffs.

Joe has a SB ring and won in NE twice in the playoffs, and wouldíve been a third time if the WR doesnít drop a pass.

So, Joe plus Von-Fangio plus PL and the kids would be a very tough out in Jan-Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Flacco should be motivated to solidify his legacy. Elway, Peyton... both won SB championship as late 30-year-olds.

DEN has better weapons on offense than he had in BaL, and DEN is building another elite defense.

If he’s just a tad above average, the team will win 10 games and make the playoffs.

Joe has a SB ring and won in NE twice in the playoffs, and would’ve been a third time if the WR doesn’t drop a pass.

So, Joe plus Von-Fangio plus PL and the kids would be a very tough out in Jan-Feb.

He would have won a 4th time (in 2014) IF the Ravens defense hadn't squandered TWO SEPARATE 14 point leads that Joe gave them. That 3rd trip (that wasn't made because Lee Evans dropped a TD placed in his hands with seconds left in the game in NE) would have resulted in a Superbowl trip - giving the Ravens back to back Superbowl (they would have won in 2011) - 2011 and 2012

I may be overly optimistic but I am liking the move more and more.

Think he will make Sutton a star with the deep throws and Sutton's ability to make plays.