Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1280
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    He should be the best starting QB for us in many years?
    He seems smart, accurate, and his highlights look pretty good.
    No. It is possible he is the worst starting QB in the league next year. His ceiling is probably average. More than likely his play is reminiscent of the same QB play that we have seen at the position since 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Thanks for posting that. I basically ignore what the Ravens do, so I hadn't seen it.

I think that's key, with almost any QB. Give Joe help on the line and he can do good stuff. Pressure him and he makes dumb mistakes.
    Heck yeah he does. He actually performed worse than Keenum last year when under pressure. Flacco was 5th worst in the league.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_Cardi...365893/photo/1

It's too bad he is one of the worst QBs at holding onto the ball too long as well. That really hurts the OL when he gets himself pressured. His last 3 years average a release time of 2.62 second. Compared to Keenum's 2.64. Both are poor.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The last 3-4 years he's had jack squat to work with.
    Is he related to Jack Frost?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Heck yeah he does. He actually performed worse than Keenum last year when under pressure. Flacco was 5th worst in the league.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_Cardi...365893/photo/1

It's too bad he is one of the worst QBs at holding onto the ball too long as well. That really hurts the OL when he gets himself pressured. His last 3 years average a release time of 2.62 second. Compared to Keenum's 2.64. Both are poor.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards
    Its tough to fly like an eagle when your working with turkeys. It hurts the OL when he gets pressured, is kind of an oxymoron statement isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    Its tough to fly like an eagle when your working with turkeys. It hurts the OL when he gets pressured, is kind of an oxymoron statement isn't it?
    Except thatís not what he said. He said when he gets himself pressured as in for holding on too long. Itís not the olines fault.

It's rather comical skimming through this thread & seeing how much negativity there is towards this move...

i wonder how many posters would be willing to put their name behind rather having stuck with case keenum than this?

It would be great to have a top tier QB every year. But sometimes you get an average player at a position. That is where the word team comes into play. He has a job to do as with everyone on the team. With average WRs that are covered and O-lines that can't block for 3 seconds, you really don't have much choice but to eat the ball. Maybe throw it OB if given a millisecond longer. Getting himself pressured, is a team problem, not just the individual players.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    It's rather comical skimming through this thread & seeing how much negativity there is towards this move...

i wonder how many posters would be willing to put their name behind rather having stuck with case keenum than this?

GOOD! So, I'm not the only one. Ha ha!!!

Actually, the Broncos offense should be much better with a knowledgeable, experienced QB who, similar to Manning, will be able to get the ball out of his hand quickly. We'll see where the Broncos talent level is at when the season starts, but I think the knowledgeable people on this board believe that the Team got better when they signed Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    No. It is possible he is the worst starting QB in the league next year. His ceiling is probably average. More than likely his play is reminiscent of the same QB play that we have seen at the position since 2015.
    I am starting to think your not too fond of "Joe Cool" ?

Signing JaíWuan James gives me more confidence in giving Flacco a chance to be successful. I believe the Broncos will target a good prospect for the OL in the draft. If the Broncos draft a good TE prospect, Flacco can have a great season. Hockenson is projected late in the first round but I think heíll be drafted in the top 10.

I am starting to think your not too fond of "Joe Cool" ?

Agreed. The moves so far tell me we looking at the right things.

I think Flacco has a chance of being a better qb in Denver if we make the moves to get better at team pass protection.

He will not be the franchise qb we all want so we will need to keep looking for that. Good thing is Flacco has no guaranteed money left so if we find THE guy we can purge Flacco.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

If Flacco plays well, he will probably be our QB for 3 or 4 years.

If Flacco plays well, he will probably be our QB for 3 or 4 years.
    I hope he does. I'm sure he will be better then PM in his last yr.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

Why do you think itís so black and white?

I donít see why people canít be happy Keenum is gone but still skeptical on exactly how far Flacco can take us.

Iíve never been a Flacco fan from day one of his career even if he is an upgrade.

I just think people need to tamper their expectations. We may have better talent than Baltimore, which in and of itself is debatable because we are bias towards our team, but it doesnít mean we have enough talent to magically go from 11 wins in two seasons to 11 wins in one season.

We also all believe in Fangio being a major difference but no one knows for sure how much of a difference.

To me Flacco over Keenum is a boost from 6-10 to 8-8 or 9-7. Meaning a lot of fans are still going to be upset and still blaming Elway.

I just donít see what makes people think Flacco can be a top 10 in the NFL qb when he has never really been that guy.

I liked Flacco in college. I thought at the time, maybe we should have drafted him.
    I am not sure how good or bad he is going to be, I know he is probably the best QB we have had on the team for many years.