• Aug 2008

Still sickened

Comment

• SMR81
      Banned User
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
      Good point.

Now let's see if Elway has thought of that, as well. I suspect that he has.
      He probably has, for some reason he seems to put more thought into the bottom tier QBs.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
        Traveling Mod
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by MHS View Post
        Why not use keenum as the bridge, save the draft pick, and dead money?
        I'm not thrilled with flacco, but Keenum isn't a bridge, he is a brick wall.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• EddieMac
          Canuck Mod, eh!
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
          I'm not thrilled with flacco, but Keenum isn't a bridge, he is a brick wall.
          a brick wall, with a pit around it, with alligators in it!

and snakes... lots of snakes...
          sigpic

Comment

• FL BRONCO
            Traveling Mod
            • Mar 2010

The thought does not thrill me, but he is definitely an improvement over Keenum by far. I will wait till all the details come out and the dust settles. There are plenty of more moves to be made in the off season.

Comment

• Rastic
              Modulated
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              a brick wall, with a pit around it, with alligators in it!

and snakes... lots of snakes...

Comment

• MHOC
                Starter
                • Mar 2013

I love it after I thought about it!!!!!

We gave up a 4th for a starting caliber qb!! That’s it!

I love how John always keeps his options for draft Day!! He doesn’t have to take a QB at 10. He can take a need, or trade back for future draft assets for next year or 2020 for Sunshine!!

Comment

• BustOfPallas
                  Practice Squad
                  • Feb 2019

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                  The thought does not thrill me, but he is definitely an improvement over Keenum by far. I will wait till all the details come out and the dust settles. There are plenty of more moves to be made in the off season.
                  I think you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised by Flacco. I am psyched that I can watch him play every Sunday and am curious to see how he does in a new environment. The Ravens can't evaluate or develop WR talent to save their lives. It's a complete blind spot for the franchise and always has been. I'm thinking any franchise will support him better than he was in Baltimore. He's got a lot of football left in him.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                    Traveling Mod
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                    Love the IJ reference, just perfect.:clap:

Comment

• samparnell
                      Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      Yes he did. I watched that entire game. Flacco played the entire game and had a 10+ point lead until the final two drives of the game where Brees stole the game.
                      Right you are. Flacco took all of the snaps on O, was 23 of 39 for 279 yards and two TDs with no picks. Ravens lost by one point.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                        Captain
                        • Aug 2008

I am baffled by how many actually think Flacco represents a significant upgrade over Keenum, if he's even an upgrade at all. Clearly they haven't watched the last 5 years of play, where he has obviously deteriorated. Posting a bottom 10 QB rating in the last 4 straight years. Not to mention being near the bottom in completion % and YPA too.

Then there's the ACL, hip, back, and shoulder injuries that have clearly hampered him. He has missed an average of 4 games a year for the last 4 years.

Flacco and Keenum are both comfortably bottom 10 QBs. I don't think it was worth the 4th round pick and the 28.5 million cap hit(Flacco's salary + Keenum dead cap hit).

Comment

• samparnell
                          Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                          My mistake. That must be the game from week 7, not the playoffs where Jackson played.
                          Ravens wouldn't be playing the Saints in the playoffs unless it was the Super Bowl.

Comment

• samparnell
                            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                            Haha I know right. This is a good move. Once they let it sink in a little they’ll begin to like it
                            The panic button is so seductive.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                              Captain
                              • Oct 2015

His contract really needs to not be harsh on the cap hit. It sounds like we can say goodbye to signing all those free agents with both Keenum and Flacco on contract now.
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                                Captain
                                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                                I am baffled by how many actually think Flacco represents a significant upgrade over Keenum, if he's even an upgrade at all. Clearly they haven't watched the last 5 years of play, where he has obviously deteriorated. Posting a bottom 10 QB rating in the last 4 straight years. Not to mention being near the bottom in completion % and YPA too.

Then there's the ACL, hip, back, and shoulder injuries that have clearly hampered him. He has missed an average of 4 games a year for the last 4 years.

Flacco and Keenum are both comfortably bottom 10 QBs. I don't think it was worth the 4th round pick and the 28.5 million cap hit(Flacco's salary + Keenum dead cap hit).
                                Yes, at the moment it doesn't look like a good move. That's valuable cap space we need to sign other vets for the numerous holes we have on roster. Elway just simply won't admit to a rebuild, and keeps signing bridge quarterbacks in hopes that one will play better. Over here on this message board Elway could sign Nathan Peterman and call him the starter, and this board would still talk themselves into it being a good move.
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X