Page 17 of 219 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I heard Flacco has no guaranteed money. The broncos can see what he has and release him before the season if hes got nothing Left
    Not positive but I donít believe thatís an option.

I believe the $18.5 mil for 2019 will be owed to Flacco long before the season begins. That money will be down the drain as part of the 2019 salary cap long before they assess him on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Most importantly, does it even matter who our QB Du Jour is behind that atrocious O-line????? I am convinced (as others should be) that we will suck until the problem protecting the signal caller is fixed. I feel sorry for Flacco, I don't recall him being all that mobile.
    I think we need to wait and see how Elway addresses the line in FA and the Draft, and how well Munchak gets these pieces working together before we can judge it.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Well you have one right here. I think he is doing a terrible. This just may cost him his job and I wont be upset with that.
    John Elway IS the Denver Broncos and the odds of him being fired are close to zero. You may not like this move but Elway isn't afraid to shake things up. He is getting blasted by the media right now but he wants to win and I trust that he is making the moves to get the team back there. He was the most successful GM in the NFL his first 5 years as an executive. People have too short of a memory.

to me this a taller version of keenum why not just draft 1 let keenum play this year out if he would beat out the rookie...its not like flacco is the long term answer we are still in QB purgatory unreal dumb move I think

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Well you have one right here. I think he is doing a terrible. This just may cost him his job and I wont be upset with that.
    I guess your not happy with the Flacco trade.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Denver MOVED UP to get Lynch in the middle of the 1st Round. Osweiler was a 2nd Round Pick.

That's whats called "early round QBs.
    Pick 26, not really an early round pick.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Pick 26, not really an early round pick.

Lol
    What's an earlier Round than Round 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    And we will welcome them with open arms. Right?

I will enjoy seeing Raven fans turn into Broncos fans. Is that mean of me?

I had a comment about your last sentence, but this isn't the Smack forum so I'm being good. Not against you, Frey. It was about Raven fans.

Welcome!

Orange > purple.
    Na, they're innocent until proven guilty

I'm just thinking of guys like Manning Rules and neckbeard, not so much the ones that genuinely are here to be awesome fans.

I'm scratching my head at the Flacco move as much as I did over the Keenum move last year. Neither got my adrenaline flowing.

There was some hope that Musgrave would be a good OC and know what to do with Case, and there is some glimmer of hope (however faint) that Scangarello knows what to do with Flacco.

I really have no idea what to expect at this point with the new coaching staff -- I can only pray that everything gels quickly and successfully and reserve judgement on any of it til weeks 3 or 4.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by bronco30 View Post
    to me this a taller version of keenum why not just draft 1 let keenum play this year out if he would beat out the rookie...its not like flacco is the long term answer we are still in QB purgatory unreal dumb move I think
    Not at all. Flacco has one of the strongest arms in the league while Keenum has one of the weakest. Flacco had his best success in the Kubiak/Shanahan offense. Our new coordinator is from that coaching tree. Flacco is an upgrade and after getting rid of Keenum's contract the team will be on the hook for roughly 7 million extra. To me that's worth being competitive again.

Flacco is here to mentor Lock. They wanted someone who has a similar strong arm mold rather than the short Qb Keenum whi they brought in to mentor Mayfield

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I'm scratching my head at the Flacco move as much as I did over the Keenum move last year. Neither got my adrenaline flowing.

There was some hope that Musgrave would be a good OC and know what to do with Case, and there is some glimmer of hope (however faint) that Scangarello knows what to do with Flacco.

I really have no idea what to expect at this point with the new coaching staff -- I can only pray that everything gels quickly and successfully and reserve judgement on any of it til weeks 3 or 4.
    I can only hope and pray that we draft a 1st round QB

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

What I would of liked to have seen instead of a pick for Flacco would have just been a heads up trade Keenum for Flacco

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    What's an earlier Round than Round 1?
    Then what does Denver moving up have to do with the comment? Youíre talking early in the round, which would be incorrect, he was selected late in the round.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I can only hope and pray that we draft a 1st round QB
    We have some other major holes and weakness we need to address. I hate to pass on elite talent at #10 for a QB that might or not pan out.