Page 29 of 213 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure , but this is what I have read and think I understand
    https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1095839696243052551

It's not likely to happen though. It's like the deal with Oz a few years back. We just paid him vet minimum because he was going to collect his payday no matter what. It helped us on cap space.

Whoever case decides to sign with, unless they are wanting to pay him over $7M, he can just take vet minimum and stick it to us while helping his new team.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Hopefully Case doesn’t get smart and just offer to sign for the vet minimum where ever he goes.
    That's very likely how it would work out.

John retired after winning back to back Lombardi trophies. Elway brought in Manning, and sent him off into the sunset a SB champ.

I got to admit it would be special
    If JE scoops up another former SB winner and DEN ushers another one into retirement as a SB champ.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    John retired after winning back to back Lombardi trophies. Elway brought in Manning, and sent him off into the sunset a SB champ.

I got to admit it would be special
    If JE scoops up another former SB winner and DEN ushers another one into retirement as a SB champ.
    Storybook ending, but itís Joe Flacco. John might be better off retiring himself, before heís
    completely morphed his team into the Browns.

We can keep Case as a backup.
    You need 2 good QB's on the team.
    Then we can Draft that kid from Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Heís not good, itís a waste of a roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Storybook ending, but it’s Joe Flacco. John might be better off retiring himself, before he’s
    completely morphed his team into the Browns.
    If we're talking the '46-'55 Browns then I'm all in

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Umm no we canít. That would cost us $39 million in two of the worst QBs in the league.

Talk about signing our death warrant.

From what I can gather, cutting Case incurs a $10M cap hit AND his $7M base salary is guaranteed subject to offset. If Case signs for X, the Broncos pay the remainder of his $7M ($7M-X). But importantly, the $10M dead cap hit still applies regardless of the cash paid if Case is cut. The extra dead cap hit comes from his pro-rated $6M signing bonus.

The Broncos have incentive to pay a team to take a trade because the dead cap hit is only $3M from the signing bonus if he's traded instead of $10M (singing bonus + base). But that's going to cost - it's hard to see why a team would trade for Case instead of waiting for him to be cut unless the Broncos made it worth their while. We're really lucky Case didn't get injured - his full $18M would have been guaranteed if injured.

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    From what I can gather, cutting Case incurs a $10M cap hit AND his $7M base salary is guaranteed subject to offset. If Case signs for X, the Broncos pay the remainder of his $7M ($7M-X). But importantly, the $10M dead cap hit still applies regardless of the cash paid if Case is cut. The extra dead cap hit comes from his pro-rated $6M signing bonus.

The Broncos have incentive to pay a team to take a trade because the dead cap hit is only $3M from the signing bonus if he's traded instead of $10M (singing bonus + base). But that's going to cost - it's hard to see why a team would trade for Case instead of waiting for him to be cut unless the Broncos made it worth their while. We're really lucky Case didn't get injured - his full $18M would have been guaranteed if injured.
    Because only one team can sign him and he could go to a higher bidder.

If a team really wants him as a starter or backup and doesnít want to risk being outbid then you pony up a 6th round draft pick.

It happens a lot when all a team has to do is wait for a player to be cut. They still send over a draft pick to ensure they get their guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Ermahgerd... lol

Gotta spread it.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Umm no we canít. That would cost us $39 million in two of the worst QBs in the league.

OK, sounds good.
    If we Cut Case hopefully we can save some loot? I think The kid from Duke would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Ermahgerd... lol

Gotta spread it.
    Saw it on Reddit, It's so spot on perfect for each of them. Oz and Kelly had me dying.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Umm no we can’t. That would cost us $39 million in two of the worst QBs in the league.

We absolutely could. It would require restructuring both flacco and Case, but it's a possibility.