Page 36 of 124 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Hogan might even beat Flacco out.
    Insert last text here....

Maybe itll be QB Dolegala. Sounds like a match. 6 ft 6 in too. Mob ties and giant size. I'm mocking this guy for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    I'm a Baltimore boy - a former Ravens fan (with the departure of Flacco - now a Denver fan). I have watched Flacco his entire career -every game.

He has been misused and abused by the team and his coaches (Harbaugh) for most of his career. He has never been given competent receivers. And he hasn't had a competent offensive line in years.

Except for 2014 with Kubiak the Ravens have never played aggressive offense football. The Ravens have been calling a dink and dunk offensive game plan ever since Kubiak left. The Ravens offensive line is and has been atrocious. Joe Flacco is not a West Coast type quarterback. Joe is best in the pocket throwing down field.

Joe is the only quarterback that I know who has beaten Brady in New England in the playoffs - and he did it twice. He would have done it a third time but Lee Evans dropped a touchdown in the 2011 AFC championship game in New England (that he hand in his hands in the endzone) with seconds to go after Joe drove the Ravens down the field with what would have been a game winning drive. That cost Joe a playoff win in New England and a trip to the Superbowl in 2011 (the year before 2012 when they went to the Superbowl and won it).. He would have done it a 4th time (in 2014) but the Ravens pissed away two different 14 point leads.

Look at the 2014 playoff game against New England (with Kubiak calling the offense). Joe gave the Ravens two different 14 point leads during that game only to have Harbaugh and the Ravens fritter it way with a non aggressive prevent defense. Joe did all he could - and the Ravens pissed it away. That's been the story in Baltimore for the last five year. Joe gets them the lead (often with 4th quarter comebacks) and Harbaugh steps off the gas and the Ravens defense loses the game.

The Ravens missed the playoffs in both 2016 and 2017 on (literally) the last play of each of those games - when the Ravens defense collapsed. In both of those game Joe brought them back into the lead with 4th quarter drives. So basically (if you count 2016 and 2017 - when the post season appearance was lost by the Ravens defense) - in Joe's first 10 years (not counting 2018) Joe took the Ravens to six post season appearances - eight if you count 2016 and 2017 when the Ravens defense cost them the game. So 8 of 10 years the Ravens were (or could have been) in the playoffs. One of the other two years Joe went down with an ACL tear.

If Denver uses Joe correctly - Joe will take Denver to the post season and maybe a Superbowl. Its all up to Denver (my new team)
    Then he will feel right "at home" in Denver as pass protection is probably the weakest part of the team imo

If we do not follow this move up with some serious offensive pass protection moves than imo we will be top 5 in sacks allowed again....the last two times we had "pocket passers" we had the 3rd most sacks (2017) and 9th most sacks (2016).

Only reason we did not give up a ton of sacks in 2018 is because Case is mobile.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Snead, Crabtree and John Brown....not a bad WR trio. A good QB would make great use of that group.
    That's a terrible WR core. Snead is slow and ineffective. Brown's ok, but Crabs is on the tail end of his career...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's a terrible WR core. Snead is slow and ineffective. Brown's ok, but Crabs is on the tail end of his career...
    I guess you might not know what a good WR group looks like. This isnít madden, not every team can have a prime DT/ES combo, or a Brown/JuJu combo with Bell as a receiving back. Not much you can do when you have bottom of the league QB play with Flacco. To say Flacco had no receivers is just not true at all.

I guess you might not know what a good WR group looks like. This isn’t madden, not every team can have a prime DT/ES combo, or a Brown/JuJu combo with Bell as a receiving back. Not much you can do when you have bottom of the league QB play with Flacco. To say Flacco had no receivers is just not true at all.
    ...and yet you think Hogan could beat out Flacco....I don't think it's Frey that doesn't know what he is looking at....

Dumervile had some nice words.

Joe Flacco's ex-teammate Elvis Dumervil calls the Broncos' trade 'definitely desperate'
    By Sean Wagner-McGough 2h ago • 2 min read

Elvis Dumervil spent the first seven seasons of his NFL career with the Broncos. He spent the next four years in Baltimore, where he was teammates with current Ravens quarterback and soon to be Broncos quarterback Joe Flacco. So it should come as no surprise to hear that Dumervil, who retired in August, has weighed in on the trade between the Broncos and Ravens, which will send Flacco to Denver in exchange for a mid-round pick when the new league year begins next month.

It should also come as no surprise to hear Dumervil criticize the trade from the Broncos' perspective and praise the trade from the Ravens' perspective. After all, it doesn't take real NFL experience to understand Flacco's limitations as a quarterback.

On Thursday, Dumervil ripped Broncos general manager John Elway for making a "desperate" trade, but congratulated the Ravens for making a "genius move."

"It's a big gamble -- definitely desperate, no doubt," Dumervil told TMZ Sports.

He added, "I think Joe Flacco needs an offensive guru. I don't think he really had that in Baltimore. ... I do feel that if he doesn't have a coach who can coach him -- the Sean Paytons, the Josh McDaniels, these kind of guys -- he's going to fail miserably in Denver. I think Elway is seeking to try to do the same -- he did a genius move with Peyton Manning. Unfortunately, Joe Flacco is no Peyton Manning."
    Ouch, but there is truth in there.

Desperate on one hand, willing to make a change in the other...

Doom's high praise for Flacco was pretty backhanded too. Sounds like someone's still upset he couldn't send a fax.

Wasn't happy when I first heard about the trade. But I think this could work...

If Munchak = Good Offensive Line.

If Scangarello gets numbers similar to Kubiak out of Flacco (running a similar scheme).

If Vic brings accountability, discipline, game planning, and a ferocious defense.

We can win. A lot.

And Flacco in the playoffs is an entirely different animal. He's like Eli...he plays with no fear in the playoffs.

Some analysts are saying that Keenum and Flacco are the same numbers-wise. The difference is that Flacco can completely take over a game. I've never seen Keenum do that.

Color me cautiously optimistic?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    ...and yet you think Hogan could beat out Flacco....I don't think it's Frey that doesn't know what he is looking at....

Flacco was just beat out by a rookie with little passing abilities. What were the Ravens once Flacco was benched? 6-1?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    This move is identical to the plan last year. They signed Keenum as likely a safeguard in the event that they couldn't get Mayfield or Darnold. They couldn't, so they rolled with Keenum all of 2018. Now in 2019, they signed Flacco, as likely as the best vet safeguard in the event that they can't draft Lock. This way we aren't trading up for Lock, and are going BPA at 10 if Lock is gone by then. Or we may even trade back if Lock goes earlier than our first round.
    Nailed it imo...

Flacco was just beat out by a rookie with little passing abilities. What were the Ravens once Flacco was benched? 6-1?
    I think Jackson might be the equivalent of the Wildcat. Really threw defenses for a loop until they figured it out...after that it was a gimmick.

The Chargers game-planned him perfectly, and I think defenses will take note. Contain him and force him to throw.

Jackson's accuracy was abysmal, even with the threat of run. Keep him contained and his accuracy will drop further.

Also...what name were the Baltimore fans chanting in the second half of the playoff game?

Pretty sure it wasn't Jackson's.

Flacco can throw the ball, and has a quick release, And he can actually read defenses pretty quickly. I think he is a pretty smart QB.

and this has what to do with Hogan?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    and this has what to do with Hogan?
    Itís has little to do with Hogan and everything to do with Flacco being one of the worst QBs in the league, whether it be due to ability or injuries. If Hogan is our backup, I donít see why it is hard to believe he may end up starting if Flacco starts to struggle.