Page 4 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    That's how I see it. Lock needs to work on his footwork since he seems to like throwing off his back foot a lot. So I'm guessing that is the plan. Draft a qb give him time like mahomes and hope Flacco can steer the ship in the right direction while the team gets changes over to the new systems.
    Lock needs to work on a lot more than his footwork. Lack of poise and too many poor decisions under pressure. He's slow to process and is often late on his throws. Too reliant on receivers being open. Absolutely abysmal against good defenses. He folded which is a major red flag. Overall, he just looks very raw. Even more so for a supposedly early first round pick.

The biggest positive is that that he's steadily improved year-to-year. Still... r-a-w.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 02-13-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    Keenum will most likely be cut very soon.
    Yet still costing the team cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Flacco has had a decent QBR over his career. This is a good move. We can get a good quarterback in the draft and we'll get a fresh start.
    He better draft a QB, I honestly dont know how I would react if I had to watch Flacco for the next 3 or 4 years. I've never liked him as a starting QB, I thought he rode the coattails of a great defense and running game

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Iím not a fan of this trade but Joe Flacco is an upgrade over Chase Keenum.

All i can do is facepalm over this. Why does Elway continue to get rentals at the Qb position? Flacco has been washed up....plus he's expensive and you have up a third for him....dont like the move at all. Get your guy in the draft cheap spend the money in other areas. This is just...smh

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

Could be the move that cements Elway legacy as a GM or the beginning of the end for Elway?
    We'll see but Elway lucked out with the timing of Peyton Manning. Come to think of it, he sure wasn't kidding when he said PFM made things easy and that the real work was only just getting started (after Peyton retired).
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

We basically trade DT for Joe Flacco. While both are at the tail end of their careers. Flacco still has the ability to win us games. The offense in Baltimore was not good. Their oline was bad( it is here too), they had no run game until they brought Lamarís offense out, and their receiving core has been avg at best.

How much of Flacco's contract does Baltimore have to eat? Surely we dont take on the rest of his salary???

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I'm wait and see on this one. I'm hoping we find a way to restructure he and Keenum. If we do, I don't see it as a bad move. 4th round pick isn't much at all if he restructures for something way south of what Baltimore was going to have to pay him. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Flacco was very good in Scangarello's offense. Flacco is up and down, but I don't think Mornhinweg is a good play caller. He was good under Kubiak. The major concern is with Flacco is injuries.

All that said, I hear the groans from the fans who want us to draft a guy and start him. We're in a division with Rivers and Mahomes, and we'll eventually need to get the ball rolling on a long term franchise guy. Not saying Elway won't still draft a quarterback high and unload Keenum, but I get where you guys are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    How much of Flacco's contract does Baltimore have to eat? Surely we dont take on the rest of his salary???
    I was curious about this as well. Because if they have to eat his dead cap space then they are eating $16 of $26 due

We need to all sit and see how this offseason shakes out, this is move number one of many. I believe that Flacco is a big upgrade to Keenum, I couldn't stand watching Keenum. Flacco will stand in the pocket and can make every throw. Keenum's stats are all in garbage time when we were behind after 3 quarters of nothing. Flacco will give us a chance in every game. He has had no offence around him and still been pretty good. Also, we are only tied to him for one year, if he does well and we don't get the QB we want in the draft or he is not ready, then we keep him around. Flacco is the best QB for 2019 that is/was available through trade/FA/Draft, hands down! Was Keenum the mistake? Yes. Is Flacco the 10 year solution? No.

All I can tell you is that I am a die-hard fan that couldn't watch our offence play last year and Flacco seems like an upgrade, and we know the team is committed to fixing the QB position. If Lock is there at 10, I think they take him (or another bigger QB that may need some time). Let's wait to see how this all shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Yet still costing the team cap space.
    Yes but Broncos are in great cap situation and if they are going to eat a chunk of dead money this year isnt a bad year to do it. I think broncos will take on 10 mill in dead money and gain 11 mill in cap space.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I am pretty sure most of it outside of signing bonus ... but I think schefter said something about a renegotiated contract for flacco.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Stupid, how much money is going to be tied up by two QB's that are hardly starter material.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Iím not a fan of this trade but Joe Flacco is an upgrade over Chase Keenum.
    He actually isnít. Keenum was 29th out of 33 in the league in QB rating. Flacco was 28th. And by a very small margin.

Also the espn article says since winning the SB in 2012 Flacco is

34th or 35th in the league out of 36 QBs in

1. TD-int ratio
    2. 1st down %
    3. Yards per att

It could actually be easily argued that Flacco is actually a downgrade from Keenum.