Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    He actually isnít. Keenum was 29th out of 33 in the league in QB rating. Flacco was 28th. And by a very small margin.

Also the espn article says since winning the SB in 2012 Flacco is

34th or 35th in the league out of 36 QBs in

1. TD-int ratio
    2. 1st down %
    3. Yards per att

It could actually be easily argued that Flacco is actually a downgrade from Keenum.
    Which rating are we talking, because Flacco was 18th in Total QBR, and Keenum was 29th. Lamar Jackson was 31st.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The thing to keep in mind...Flacco hasn't had wide receivers in a hot minute. They've been GAAARBAGE for years. Their FO doesn't know how to find WR talent.
    I do agree their wr are probably worse. But pending Elways decision on sanders we could be bringing in Flacco to work with a ton of second year not very much proven talent.

And our oline is also atrocious.

The thing is both really suck and we are all discussing which lemon is more sour.

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    Elway has struggled at the QB position but one thing is clear is that he moves on quickly from his mistakes. Trevor lasted 3 years, lynch 2, keenum 1. The only reason Trevor lasted as long was because Lynch was that bad.

I doubt Elway would ride Flacco for 4 years if he plays bad.
    Can we tease anything out of this and say that Flacco will only last 6-8 games?

I donít like the guy but rating wise he technically isnít.

And based on those stats provided above it could be argued Flacco is worse.

Itís debatable when we discuss which team had worse talent around them on offense.
    I donít think things were that bad for Keenum last year, outside of horrible coaching. He had good RBs and good WRs. The pass blocking was good at times. Flacco seemed to be in a much worse situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Which rating are we talking, because Flacco was 18th in Total QBR, and Keenum was 29th. Lamar Jackson was 31st.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr
    The traditional passer rating thatís been around a lot longer.

Flacco 28th At 84.2
    Keenum 29th At 81.2

I like the move. I wouldíve LOVED it if Kubes was still in the building, but it is what it is. Flacco still has that cannon that can get the ball downfield and thatís a huge plus.

I'm a refugee from Baltimore (now in Arizona), requesting asylum. Denver will not regret getting Flacco. Unlike Baltimore, I am confident that Elway and Denver will know how to use Flacco's skill set. Just remember that when Baltimore had someone competent running the offense (last time that happened it was Kubiak in 2014) they went to the playoffs. In his first five years Joe won 10 of 15 playoff games including a Superbowl. Joe's the same guy - but with morons (in Baltimore) running the show. Look at the Ravens record over the last 5 to 6 years and see how many times Joe brought the Ravens back into the lead in the 4th quarter only for Harbaugh to pull the offense back into a shell and watch the Ravens defense lose the game. That has happened consistently 2 or 3 times a year during Flacco's last five years.

Before its over Joe will bring Denver a Superbowl. Count me as an ex Ravens fan - and a NEW BRONCOS fan.

Can somebody Photoshop what Joe Flacco will look like in a Bronco uniform

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    It is a good move, Joe should be good for a year or Two? We can trade Casey Keesum to Tampa Bay, and draft a QB.
    Arians is happy with Jameis so maybe/hopefully trading Case to WASH is a more possible move.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

The traditional passer rating that’s been around a lot longer.

Flacco 28th At 84.2
    Keenum 29th At 81.2
    In other words, the one that doesn't measure whatever it was that pushed Flacco up to 18th, and fits your narrative.

The bottom 5 quarterbacks in Total QBR were Rosen, Tannehill, Jackson, Bortles, and Keenum. It can't be that bad.

I still dont love the deal but yet dont hate it. My issue is that Keenum has a $21M cap hit in 2019 with $10M in dead money if cut; therefore thats a very unlikely option. Trading him would be only a $3M cap hit.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Arians is happy with Jameis so maybe/hopefully trading Case to WASH is a more possible move.
    It would be nice to trade him, we will see if Elway is still a good Used car salesman.

He's got buyo out after this coming season, so we may be looking for yet another QB next spring. He's fading fast and his huge contract will hurt the cap and and likely see the end of Sanders on this team or us getting anyone substantial in the FA period. This looks like another bad move by Elway. Hopefully, the Ravens season will be worse than ours so that we Broncos fan so that we can get a little joy from this trade.

Elway is in win now mode.

John has said he'll keep "swinging", that's the only way you can get a hit.

I don't love or hate the move, but I certainly understand it.

IMO Joe gives us a better chance of winning this coming season then Case.
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

This looks like a terrible move. Flaco has 3 years left and has ZERO motivation to restructure $60+ million left on his contract. He gets $18 million in 2019 and even if we cut Kenum its a $10million dead cap hit. We need linemen and a young QB, this move makes NO SENSE!!!