Page 76 of 120 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1788
    Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    This team has a lot of talent. Don't count the Broncos out this year. You forget that we won a SB with an ageing QB and its even hard just to look at PM's stats that year. So it can be done with the right chemistry. Please don't tell me you thought we would win a SB bringing Kubes back as coach. Which was nothing short of a miracle. So it can happen and it has happened just recently, to even the Broncos. I honestly like the way Flacco wings the rock. It doesn't give the DBs time to react and that 1 step advantage makes a world of difference in percentages.
    Bro.......all homer aside, Vegas has us at 50/1 Odds. Its not happening this year.

Whos Flaccos throwing the ball to again?.......yea, I get it . Reality bites.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Bro.......all homer aside, Vegas has us at 50/1 Odds. Its not happening this year.

Whos Flaccos throwing the ball to again?.......yea, I get it . Reality bites.
    Sutton, Hamilton, Patrick, Heuerman and hopefully Sanders will be ready to start the season. Lindsay is also dangerous for passes out of the backfield.

Ja’Wuan James at RT should help create a clean pocket for Flacco. Draft another quality prospect to start at RG and the line should be much improved.

I’ve been critical of signing Flacco because in the past Elway hadn’t made the right moves to build the line. With Munchak’s coaching and adding talent on the line I believe Flacco can succeed.

Happy to see Joe Flacco will be wearing the Broncos uniform, I wish him lots of luck here.

We're going to need Flacco to completely transform himself, otherwise a lot of people are going to be really disappointed when they see for themselves what he actually is- a bottom 10 starter/back-up level QB. Much like the situation with Keenum last year.

He doesn't need to transform himself. He just needs someone to pass the ball to. He will have more support on offense this year and it will show in his numbers. The ravens have such a bad wr group that they plan on running Lamar as part of their system. Numbers and stats are really good if all things are equal. In this instance its not.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

We're going to need Flacco to completely transform himself, otherwise a lot of people are going to be really disappointed when they see for themselves what he actually is- a bottom 10 starter/back-up level QB. Much like the situation with Keenum last year.

You forgot the following statistics Joe Flacco Case Keenum

Career regular season Won Loss record 96-67 26-28
    Playoff record 10-5 1-1
    Superbowl record 1-0 0-0
    On the road playoff wins 7 (most in NFL history) 0
    Playoff wins against NE in NE 2 0
    Superbowl MVP 1 0
    Career games against AFC North (top defensive opponents) 60+ 0
    Percent total wins of games played 60% 48%
    ARM STRENGTH League top 5 NOODLE

Other than these minor points they are clearly comperable
    Last edited by Melemele; 03-16-2019 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    You forgot the following statistics Joe Flacco Case Keenum

Career regular season Won Loss record 96-67 26-28
    Playoff record 10-5 1-1
    Superbowl record 1-0 0-0
    On the road playoff wins 7 (most in NFL history) 0
    Playoff wins against NE in NE 2 0
    Superbowl MVP 1 0
    Career games against AFC North (top defensive opponents) 60+ 0
    Percent total wins of games played 60% 48%
    ARM STRENGTH League top 5 NOODLE

Other than these minor points they are clearly comperable
    That's all fine and dandy but what has he done in the last 4 or 5 years??? If he doesn't have a superbowl caliber type of defense to bail him out what is he?

His best year was in 2014 he throw for a career high 27 TDs but failed to even surpass 4000 yds passing. He is not a good QB, he cant carry a team and I hope he is only here for 1 year

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I'm glad we got Joe Flacco, and got rid of Case Keenum, I think it's an upgrade. Flacco has won some big games. Even if we draft a QB, it will take awhile to get him on the field.

I have no idea how good or bad Flacco will do but....he is our Broncos QB Case is NOT. As long as Joe wears our uniform, I will root and support him!

My first post here. I think y’all will be pleasantly surprised at how good Joe is. As a Ravens fan, I can tell you his lack of quaity receivers plus a revolving door of OC’s were his biggest issues. He is a quality QB with a rocket arm. He is not a rah rah guy, so don’t expect to see him ranting at players or being all emotional. We call him Joe Cool here in Baltimore - you will see why this year. I will be rooting for Joe and Broncos to ball out this year!

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    That's all fine and dandy but what has he done in the last 4 or 5 years??? If he doesn't have a superbowl caliber type of defense to bail him out what is he?

His best year was in 2014 he throw for a career high 27 TDs but failed to even surpass 4000 yds passing. He is not a good QB, he cant carry a team and I hope he is only here for 1 year

Tell me about the Ravens world class defense that in 2014 squandered two 14 point leads that Joe gave them in the playoff game against New England in New England. Tell me about the Ravens world class defense that gave up the lead in the last minutes against the Steelers in 2016 that effectively kept the Ravens out of the playoffs. Tell me about the Ravens world class defense that the Ravens gave up the lead in 2017 on the last play of the game/season against the Bengals (a 4th and 12 as I recall) that kept the Ravens out of the playoffs. The Ravens would have been in the PLAYOFFS in 2016 and 2017 except for the Ravens "world class" defense. Had they gone Joe would have taken the Ravens to the playoffs in 8 of his first 10 years - and in one of the years he did not he tore his achilles (and played three more downs on a torn achilles). In the last 4-5 years the Raven's "world class" defense has given up more leads and lost more games (after Joe gave them the lead) than Keenum has wins.

And if you want to go back farther in Ravens history for even more obscure Ravens history, Lee Evans drop of a touchdown pass that he had in his hand in the last seconds of the AFC Title game in New England against the Pats, cost Joe a trip to the Superbowl in 2011 - the year before he won the Superbowl in 2012

One thing that many people outside Baltimore don't realize is that Harbaugh's "modus operandi" is to take the foot off the "offensive" gas after the Ravens get a lead and then try to rely on the Ravens "world class" defense to hold the lead. The reality is that the Raven's haven't had a "world class" defense since Ray Lewis and Ed Reed retired. So no matter how many leads Joe gave they, more often than not the Raven's "world class" defense (between 2014 and 2018) more often than not couldn't hold.

If the Broncos play aggressive offensive football (with a decent defense) Joe will get the Broncos to the playoffs in 2019.
    Last edited by Melemele; 03-16-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Tell me about the Ravens world class defense that in 2014 squandered two 14 point leads that Joe gave them in the playoff game against New England in New England. Tell me about the Ravens world class defense that gave up the lead in the last minutes against the Steelers in 2016 that effectively kept the Ravens out of the playoffs. Tell me about the Ravens world class defense that the Ravens gave up the lead in 2017 on the last play of the game against the Bengals that kept the Ravens out of the playoffs. The Ravens would have been in the PLAYOFFS in 2016 and 2017 except for the Ravens "world class" defense. Had they gone Joe would have taken the Ravens to the playoffs in 8 of his 10 year - and in one of the years he did not he tore his achilles (and played three more downs on a torn achilles). In the last 4-5 years the Raven's "world class" defense has given up more leads and lost more games (after Joe gave them the lead) than Keenum has wins.

And if you want to go back farther in Ravens history for even more obscure Ravens history, Lee Evans drop of a touchdown pass that he had in his hand in the last seconds of the AFC Title game in New England against the Pats, cost Joe a trip to the Superbowl in 2011 - the year before he won the Superbowl in 2012

One thing that many people outside Baltimore don't realize is that Harbaugh's "modus operandi" is to take the foot off the "offensive" gas after the Ravens get a lead and then try to rely on the Ravens "world class" defense to hold the lead. The reality is that the Raven's haven't had a "world class" defense since Ray Lewis and Ed Reed retired. So no matter how many leads Joe gave they, more often than not the Raven's "world class" defense (between 2014 and 2018) more often than not couldn't hold
    That's great, give me all the scenarios you want....numbers don't lie. Look at his year by year stats and tell me he's a guy that can take a game over. I believe in his whole career hes only threw for more than 4000 yards just once and only 4 times in his career has he thrown over 20 TDs.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

What has he done?

Well, he became the Broncos 2019 Starting Quarterback, last Wednesday.

That's great, give me all the scenarios you want....numbers don't lie. Look at his year by year stats and tell me he's a guy that can take a game over. I believe in his whole career hes only threw for more than 4000 yards just once and only 4 times in his career has he thrown over 20 TDs.
    Let me ask you one question

If you were looking at the future - projecting the next 10 years (I'm not saying Flacco is going to play 10 more years) what would you rather have

1. A .quarterback who consistently threw for over 4000 yards a year OR

2. A quarterback and team that could win 60% of their games (it is afterall a team sport)

This fantasy football crap has distorted reality. I grew up in Baltimore and heard Johnny Unitas interviewed many time - and he ALWAYS responded to questions about achievements with the quote "statistics are for losers". In a team sport like football individual statistics may be useful in contract negotiations and office pools - but the ONLY THING that matters is TEAM WINS. Joe is a WINNER and he always has been. He would have been more of a winner if he had a coach in Baltimore that understood and utilized his talent to the fullest. Unfortunately Baltimore hired the wrong Harbaugh - Jim should be in Baltimore and John in Michigan. Denver should consider itself lucky to have Joe - and time will prove it.

Let me ask you one question

If you were looking at the future - projecting the next 10 years (I'm not saying Flacco is going to play 10 more years) what would you rather have

1. A .quarterback who consistently threw for over 4000 yards a year OR

2. A quarterback and team that could win 60% of their games (it is afterall a team sport)

This fantasy football crap has distorted reality. I grew up in Baltimore and heard Johnny Unitas interviewed many time - and he ALWAYS responded to questions about achievements with the quote "statistics are for losers". In a team sport like football individual statistics may be useful in contract negotiations and office pools - but the ONLY THING that matters is TEAM WINS. Joe is a WINNER and he always has been. He would have been more of a winner if he had a coach in Baltimore that understood and utilized his talent to the fullest. Unfortunately Baltimore hired the wrong Harbaugh - Jim should be in Baltimore and John in Michigan. Denver should consider itself lucky to have Joe - and time will prove it.
    Broncos Country "Post of the Day".