Page 84 of 137 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2054

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Repeatedly discrediting our starting QB is pretty much talking smack, trolling, etc..
    (IMO)
    When he proves himself one way or the other, then we can make a legitimate argument on either side.
    Till then, I am optimistic about our season.
    Are you kidding me with this? It's now trolling to call a spade a spade? Flacco has been terrible the last 4 years. That is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosojia View Post
    Are you kidding me with this? It's now trolling to call a spade a spade? Flacco has been terrible the last 4 years. That is fact.
    Just wondering...........How many Ravens games have you watched the past 4 years?

I have a very good feeling about this coming football season. Go Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
    Just wondering...........How many Ravens games have you watched the past 4 years?
    Probably close to the same amount as I- all of them. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosojia View Post
    Sounds good, your absolutely entitled to your opinion.
    As I am mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Probably close to the same amount as I- all of them. How about you?
    Wow, thatís pretty special. Youíre a Broncos fan and havenít missed a Ravens game in 4 years? Amazing.

Wow, thatís pretty special. Youíre a Broncos fan and havenít missed a Ravens game in 4 years? Amazing.
    No dog in this fight, but you do understand that not all Bronco fans live in Bronco Country? Weíve fans literally all over the world. If it so happens that one of our fans lives in the Baltimore viewing area, itís highly likely he or she has seen all their games.

For perspective, Iíve lived in Oklahoma the majority of my life. I saw every Cowboy game in the early 90s, because thatís what was guaranteed to be on. Rarely got to watch my Broncos; always thankful and excited when I did. Back then, I knew as much, if not more about Dallas as I did Denver.

This fact didnít make me any less of a Bronco fan. You may want to look at it from a different perspective.

Papa's from Denver, so it's doubtful...however, I'm from Buffalo, so yes, I know all about the Josh Allen I kinda wanted on our team, so good point.

If your a football fan it's fair to say that you have some sort of nfl programing package on your TV. This isn't the stone ages. Having acess to red zone or Sunday ticket you can watch quite a bit of football.

My self, if denvers not playing I'm watching the red zone or tuning into games that have big fantasy implications during the day. My night caps the snf game.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    If your a football fan it's fair to say that you have some sort of nfl programing package on your TV. This isn't the stone ages. Having acess to red zone or Sunday ticket you can watch quite a bit of football.

My self, if denvers not playing I'm watching the red zone or tuning into games that have big fantasy implications during the day. My night caps the snf game.
    As Gary Larson would have Thag, the caveman, say, "Look what Zog do!"
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

There were rumors of us acquiring him pretty much since the season ended. In order to have an educated opinion on his current, I had to watch some games. So for about a month I watched a game or two a day, starting with 2015. It's quite easy to purchase access to abridged games, which eliminate commercials and other junk filler. The run time ends up close to an hour.

Is this some sort of surprise? How else could one form an opinion on his play if you haven't watched it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    You can win a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco as your quarterback.

This is a proven fact.

I think he'll do better than you think on a Fangio-coached team.
    You can win two Super Bowls with Eli Manning. You can win a Super Bowl with Brad Johnson. Heck you can win four(!!!!!!) superbowls with Terry Bradshaw! Shoot sign him up, 4 SBs must mean he is currently 4x as good as Flacco!

These are proven facts. These are all just as relevant as Flacco winning a SB almost a decade ago.

Seriously though, there is no point to be made in pointing out Flacco's 2012 success. It has no influence on what he will bring to Denver, nor does it change his last 4 years of poor play and the very obvious onset of aging that has influenced said poor play.
    I concur with Papa....

The danger of selecting one example here, and one example there.....is that you are expecting the unexpected to become a common result. But the bigger picture suggests that your chances of winning are much better with a complete team, and a good QB.

This is not to say The Broncos are a bad team, nor is it saying that Flacco will never win another game, never mind a SB. But stats will align to most likely predict that we are still missing some pieces, and Flacco is not the QB he once was. And to be fair, our new coaching staff may be the best thing since sliced bread, but they need time. So most odds makers will predict that we are at best an average team going into the season. I see that the latest NFL Network rankings place us at 26th. Rankings are nothing more than one person's snapshot of the future based on limited information.....BUT, I have to be honest in that I think we will struggle to make the playoffs. Anything beyond is gravy.

My hope is that we keep building this team into a team of the future, not today. We are not in a "win now" position. We are building. We need some pieces, and in my opinion, a young QB is one of the them. And if we add at least one quality ILB, another Oliner, some depth in various areas.....and we find "the guy" to lead us beyond this season, I'm likin the possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Papa's from Denver, so it's doubtful...however, I'm from Buffalo, so yes, I know all about the Josh Allen I kinda wanted on our team, so good point.
    Some of us have this thing called Sunday ticket and like to watch a lot of football games (even if it's just the condensed version afterwards)

There were rumors of us acquiring him pretty much since the season ended. In order to have an educated opinion on his current, I had to watch some games. So for about a month I watched a game or two a day, starting with 2015. It's quite easy to purchase access to abridged games, which eliminate commercials and other junk filler. The run time ends up close to an hour.

Is this some sort of surprise? How else could one form an opinion on his play if you haven't watched it?
    I would say that happens here constantly about multiple players. Do fans watch every single non-Broncos game across multiple seasons in order to talk about the likes of Rivers and Brady?

I didn't find any rumor that Flacco was coming here via inside sources with our F.O. There was a rumor last December that he wasn't returning to the Ravens which led fans (from multiple teams) to size him up and speculate about potentially acquiring him --including a thread started here where you were quick to dismiss him. So after leveling your judgement, and based on fan-level suggestions that we acquire him, you decided to thoroughly immerse yourself in recent Ravens history to investigate Flacco?

Flacco/Ravens fans here have cited specific and detailed examples of his play in support of him so why haven't you countered with multiple examples of your own to shoot them down from your deep study of Joe? They have cited poor offensive play-calling holding Joe back, how about some examples disproving that too?
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

The thing I like the most about Flacco, is that he has a lot of experience, and he has won some big games, and he has won in Foxboro. It remains to be seen what he does with the end of his career, but if he plays well, it would be great for us.