Page 85 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1602
  1. #1261
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I would say that happens here constantly about multiple players. Do fans watch every single non-Broncos game across multiple seasons in order to talk about the likes of Rivers and Brady?

    I didn't find any rumor that Flacco was coming here via inside sources with our F.O. There was a rumor last December that he wasn't returning to the Ravens which led fans (from multiple teams) to size him up and speculate about potentially acquiring him --including a thread started here where you were quick to dismiss him. So after leveling your judgement, and based on fan-level suggestions that we acquire him, you decided to thoroughly immerse yourself in recent Ravens history to investigate Flacco?

    Flacco/Ravens fans here have cited specific and detailed examples of his play in support of him so why haven't you countered with multiple examples of your own to shoot them down from your deep study of Joe? They have cited poor offensive play-calling holding Joe back, how about some examples disproving that too?
    LOL!! Yeah, I don't buy a word of it, either. And I'm not going to lie, as I haven't watched nor will I claim to have watched, every game that Flacco has played since 2015. But, I did watch the Baltimore/Denver game, from about 6 short months ago. Flacco clearly has all his skills. His arm is as strong as ever. His level of experience in a mostly injury-free career has increased every season. And if I remember correctly, there were only a few of us who suggested that either Foles (my preference), or Flacco would be a target for this Franchise when it was clear that they would become available at the end of the season. And for very clear and obvious reasons, even to the most casual observer.

    The "Professionals" who are paid to make the decisions by this $multi-billion dollar franchise, made the right decision. Does that mean that Flacco will turn around a team coming off of 5-11 and 6-10 seasons? That's why we play the games. "Hope for the best, and plan for the worst."

  2. #1262
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Some of us have this thing called Sunday ticket and like to watch a lot of football games (even if it's just the condensed version afterwards)
    I think people really underestimate the value of Sunday ticket for this. They think they donít want to pay $300 a season for their favorite team.

    I think itís well worth it for the Broncos. But i also make major effort to catch the big games or players I like when the Broncos arenít on. I watched a lot of Baker Mayfield last year. And Iím stuck with the god awful Titans and Falcons on local tv. So many times I change to playoff teams or to keep tabs on division rivals instead.

    The only issue though is I no longer get a ton of use out of my directv for the other 8 months out of the year for $130 a month. And they keep adding on nickel and dime packages that I donít want.

    But for just the cost of Sunday ticket during the fall itís well worth it for football fans.

  3. #1263
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,615
    Football Fantasy has made me watch most games .

  4. #1264
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,465
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Football Fantasy has made me watch most games .
    Are we talking football fantasy where you pick players from various teams and see who can put together the best roster? Or football fantasy where we all hopelessly watch the Broncos every week for the past three years wishing we were a playoff team?

  5. #1265
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,126
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I would say that happens here constantly about multiple players. Do fans watch every single non-Broncos game across multiple seasons in order to talk about the likes of Rivers and Brady?

    I didn't find any rumor that Flacco was coming here via inside sources with our F.O. There was a rumor last December that he wasn't returning to the Ravens which led fans (from multiple teams) to size him up and speculate about potentially acquiring him --including a thread started here where you were quick to dismiss him. So after leveling your judgement, and based on fan-level suggestions that we acquire him, you decided to thoroughly immerse yourself in recent Ravens history to investigate Flacco?

    Flacco/Ravens fans here have cited specific and detailed examples of his play in support of him so why haven't you countered with multiple examples of your own to shoot them down from your deep study of Joe? They have cited poor offensive play-calling holding Joe back, how about some examples disproving that too?
    Maybe not, but if they want an informed opinion they should.

    It was far more than fan suggestions, but as I stated then even without in depth assessment it was obvious Flacco is a bad QB. Once the rumors made it to the radio speculation in January I began to look a little deeper.

    Show me these Ravens fans with actual football reasons suporting him. I've seen nothing of the sort because there is no football based argument to be made for his play the last 4 years. He has not just been below average, he has been BAD, and no one has been able to say anything or make any solid argument refuting that. What most people fall back on, including Ravens fans, is "oh he's a good leader" and "he won a SB!" and the classic "well he has a strong arm" despite tape and statistics showing a very, very tangible decline in his arm to pedestrian status.

    If you want to blame offensive play calling, that's hilarious. And sad. Because of all of the QBs that Mornhinweg has OC'd for, none have had as poor of an average depth of target as Flacco. Flacco has 3 of the top 15 highest % of passes thrown short of a first down since 2006, no other Mornhinweg QB makes the list even once. So it is Flacco making the decision to check down, not the offense. It is Flacco's own lack of ability holding him back.

    Best case scenario, he is a solid vet mentor for a young, promising QB. He is not a good QB, and if we intend on starting him for a prolonged period, we are in trouble.

  6. #1266
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    2,922
    We can bring back "Swag" Kelly! He didn't go to jail, he got probation.

  7. #1267
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    We can bring back "Swag" Kelly! He didn't go to jail, he got probation.
    The dude canít stay out of trouble.

  8. #1268
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    We can bring back "Swag" Kelly! He didn't go to jail, he got probation.
    Probation is the gateway drug to prison?

  9. #1269
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    2,922
    I was kidding, we definitely don't need him.
    He needs to get his act together.
    I just like making fun of his "Swag" nickname.

  10. #1270
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Maybe not, but if they want an informed opinion they should.

    It was far more than fan suggestions, but as I stated then even without in depth assessment it was obvious Flacco is a bad QB. Once the rumors made it to the radio speculation in January I began to look a little deeper.

    Show me these Ravens fans with actual football reasons suporting him. I've seen nothing of the sort because there is no football based argument to be made for his play the last 4 years. He has not just been below average, he has been BAD, and no one has been able to say anything or make any solid argument refuting that. What most people fall back on, including Ravens fans, is "oh he's a good leader" and "he won a SB!" and the classic "well he has a strong arm" despite tape and statistics showing a very, very tangible decline in his arm to pedestrian status.
    I
    If you want to blame offensive play calling, that's hilarious. And sad. Because of all of the QBs that Mornhinweg has OC'd for, none have had as poor of an average depth of target as Flacco. Flacco has 3 of the top 15 highest % of passes thrown short of a first down since 2006, no other Mornhinweg QB makes the list even once. So it is Flacco making the decision to check down, not the offense. It is Flacco's own lack of ability holding him back.

    Best case scenario, he is a solid vet mentor for a young, promising QB. He is not a good QB, and if we intend on starting him for a prolonged period, we are in trouble.
    Whatís your opinion on his performance in 2014 under Kubiak and then the following 4 under different OCís ?
    You donít think he thrived under Kubes?
    I remember him in a shoot-out loss to Pats in the Divisional round, Flacco threw 4 tds in a 35-31 loss at Foxboro.
    Then like you said his play has been down hill from that season, due to injuries, age, and i would guess scheme. As far as talent it doesnít seem like Flacco has had a group of weapons around him either, but that is my first impression, your breakdown sounds like you think he just canít play anymore.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 03-21-2019 at 05:32 AM.

  11. #1271
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,112
    If I were a Ravens fan I would feel really uneasy about hinging my hopes on Lamar Jackson. He is still really young but I don't think he develops into a viable starting QB at the NFL level.

    I think they will regret the decision to move on from Flacco.

  12. #1272
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Maybe not, but if they want an informed opinion they should.

    It was far more than fan suggestions, but as I stated then even without in depth assessment it was obvious Flacco is a bad QB. Once the rumors made it to the radio speculation in January I began to look a little deeper.

    Show me these Ravens fans with actual football reasons suporting him. I've seen nothing of the sort because there is no football based argument to be made for his play the last 4 years. He has not just been below average, he has been BAD, and no one has been able to say anything or make any solid argument refuting that. What most people fall back on, including Ravens fans, is "oh he's a good leader" and "he won a SB!" and the classic "well he has a strong arm" despite tape and statistics showing a very, very tangible decline in his arm to pedestrian status.

    If you want to blame offensive play calling, that's hilarious. And sad. Because of all of the QBs that Mornhinweg has OC'd for, none have had as poor of an average depth of target as Flacco. Flacco has 3 of the top 15 highest % of passes thrown short of a first down since 2006, no other Mornhinweg QB makes the list even once. So it is Flacco making the decision to check down, not the offense. It is Flacco's own lack of ability holding him back.

    Best case scenario, he is a solid vet mentor for a young, promising QB. He is not a good QB, and if we intend on starting him for a prolonged period, we are in trouble.
    The problem is, when someone hasn't actually watched the games, and they are basing everything off of the statistics, it makes their opinion invalid from jump street, like yours is after you made the statement that, "Keenum and Flacco's talent level is the same". That is not true, and everyone who has watched the actual games, knows they play a different brand of football in so many ways, as I pointed out to you in the past.

    I just seen your response to that in another thread to me where you mention statistics, statistics, and more statistics, to try and quantify that Flacco has been "bad" for the past 5 years, while citing not one game, drive, series, or play that you actually watched, after claiming you watched him for the past 5 years. Look, no one is saying that Flacco is a world beater, no one is saying he has been elite, but he is an upgrade, and that is evident on the tape from this past season he just played.

    This notion suggested in the above post that his arm is no longer strong based on statistics is laughable, to me at least, when if you had watched a single drive from this past year you would see his arm talent still jumps off the screen, and it is clearly superior to that of Keenum, who you say talent wise is the same at this point. I'd suggest going and watching even just this past seasons play from Flacco, and you would see the multiple things he does better than Keenum at "this point".

    I think people know I have not been Elway's biggest fan, I have been very down on this team the past few years, and I have been justified in being that way. I consider myself to be very objective when it comes to the Broncos, and I assure you I am not just being a homer for this move with acquiring Flacco. I have actually put in the time to research the play on the field, and I think Flacco is a clear upgrade from Keenum. My biggest issue with our quarterback play last year was Keenum was not willing to stand in the pocket, and he wasn't willing to give his receivers chances to make plays, both things which Flacco has demonstrated he is more than willing to do, while possessing more arm talent.

    I wont say I think Flacco will take us to the superbowl, but I think we will be more competitive with him at quarterback, and I think we are now a borderline playoff team. I still would love a young quarterback to develop, I would of preferred that be the plan, but right now maybe you will pleased, the guy you love, Will Grier might be available in round 5 to come here and be a backup now, do you still want him in round 1 though ? Boy did that hype train die quickly.

  13. #1273
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,227
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    The "Professionals" who are paid to make the decisions by this $multi-billion dollar franchise, made the right decision. Does that mean that Flacco will turn around a team coming off of 5-11 and 6-10 seasons? That's why we play the games. "Hope for the best, and plan for the worst."
    The F.O. still includes Matt Russell (unfortunately) and he/they have whiffed on most of our QB choices in F.A. and the Draft in recent history so their elevated status doesn't automatically validate their choices as being good ones; only positive results on the field will.

    Six months from now will be NFL Week 3 and we may have a good indication about this choice as well as those of Scangarello at OC, Munchak as new OL coach, and how all of the new and old players mesh as a team in a whole new system. In nine months we should know for sure whether the Flacco signing was a good choice or not.

    We just have to wait and see how it all shakes out.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  14. #1274
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    It was far more than fan suggestions, but as I stated then even without in depth assessment it was obvious Flacco is a bad QB. Once the rumors made it to the radio speculation in January I began to look a little deeper.
    Not by my recollection nor in a targeted search of material in December and January. All one finds are fan blog posts like MHR, Predominantly Orange, etc. This is why it was a surprise for most of us when the trade was announced last month because there was no prior indication that Elway was seriously contemplating getting Flacco.

    Show me these Ravens fans with actual football reasons suporting him.
    Several have weighed into this bloated thread (somewhere) with their insights and specific examples of Flacco's tendencies and actions recalled from certain games --I think Melemele is one?

    Best case scenario, he is a solid vet mentor for a young, promising QB. He is not a good QB, and if we intend on starting him for a prolonged period, we are in trouble.
    Six months from now will be NFL Week 3 and we may have a good indication about this choice as well as those of Scangarello at OC, Munchak as new OL coach, and how all of the new and old players mesh as a team in a whole new system. In nine months we should know for sure whether the Flacco signing was a good choice or not.

    We just have to wait and see how it all shakes out to know anything for certain.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  15. #1275
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    The F.O. still includes Matt Russell (unfortunately) and he/they have whiffed on most of our QB choices in F.A. and the Draft in recent history so their elevated status doesn't automatically validate their choices as being good ones; only positive results on the field will.

    Six months from now will be NFL Week 3 and we may have a good indication about this choice as well as those of Scangarello at OC, Munchak as new OL coach, and how all of the new and old players mesh as a team in a whole new system. In nine months we should know for sure whether the Flacco signing was a good choice or not.

    We just have to wait and see how it all shakes out.
    I'm just hoping and praying that last years apparently successful Draft wasn't because of Kubiak's influence. Because if it was, we will likely see another really bad Draft, this year. And really, anybody who knows football, and isn't trying to "Troll" this Messge Board, knows that Flacco is an upgrade. So, people who have become "invested" in bad-mouthing the Franchises choice for the 2019 Starting QB, predicting that we will continue with QB problems, are making that prediction about a team coming off of a 5-11 season with a new Coaching Staff and a new QB. So, they really aren't going out on a limb with that silly prediction. The reality is that if we progress to being a .500 team, then we've taken great strides.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •