Page 91 of 208 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3120

Thread: Flacco

Give Flacco a decent offensive line, good running back, a tight end who can take a hit and still hold on to the pass, and a possession receiver and he will take a team to the Superbowl.
    If stats could predict football games, Las Vegas would be out of business.
    He is a winner and is in his prime.
    The players like him, the coachs like him, and he is the starting QB.
    All armchair GMs should just chill.
    If any of you are betting men, Las Vegas has the Raiders as three point favorites.
    That is how misguided the Vegas stat experts are on predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    This training camp and pre-season will make things interesting if Lock looks good. Remember the infatuation with Chad Kelly last year? Lock is way better than him. If Flacco struggles early in the regular season and Lock was impressive in pre-season, it wont be long until we start hearing Lock chants at the stadium especially if the Broncos aren't winning right away.

As soon as the Broncos aren't winning, the pressure on Flacco will be immense. The only way he keeps his job is if he is an MVP candidate or the Broncos are running away with the division (or if Fangio is too stubborn to make a change, which very well might happen). I don't see an MVP for Flacco or a 12-4 season happening in my crystal ball.

I personally want Lock in there sooner rather than later, but understand it might be best for his development if he learns for awhile instead of being thrown to the wolves. I view Flacco as a half-season placeholder keeping the seat warm for the heir apparent.
    We can agree to disagree but i think Flacco just needs to make the throws when called upon, this offense will not be pass heavy. Elway learned that doesn’t work in 2013

Fun Fact: all 3 QBs who’ve thrown for 50 tds in a season didn’t win the a ring.

Denver’s offense will resemble the Shannahan teams, run first, and play action. If teams sleep Flacco has a huge arm and will make you pay. Can remember how many times Keenum had Emmanuel wide open and under threw the ball making sanders come back for it.

Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing. Flacco may actually have a hard being as good as Keenum was last year. Keenum outperformed Flacco in 2018 based on AV (which I showed in a previous post in this thread), we actually would have been better off just keeping Keenum and our 4th round pick.

Also, why isn't anyone asking why Baltimore would get rid of a QB "in his prime" for a measly 4th round draft pick? When Cutler was in his prime, he got us 2 first rounders. Flacco is old and just not very good, and really never was very good (except his magical 2012 post season that will never be replicated by him again - if you think it will, you should probably buy a power ball ticket).
    Baltimore got rid of him for 2 reasons: 1. To save money against the cap. 2. They spent a first round pick in 2018 on a mediocre QB. The mediocre QB was okay in 2018, but is extremely limited as shown in the playoffs. Fans and media wanted Flacco to replace him in the playoffs, but the Ravens didn't. If Flacco remained the QB controversy would have stretched the entire offseason and popped up the second Jackson plays like he did in the playoffs.

As for the Cutler comparison that's an extremely poor one for the fact that Cutler was a 26 year old going into his 4th season who had shown a lot of promise. Meanwhile Flacco is 34 and 11 seasons in.

I'm not saying that Flacco will be good or average or anything else, I'm just saying these aren't great arguments against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Baltimore got rid of him for 2 reasons: 1. To save money against the cap. 2. They spent a first round pick in 2018 on a mediocre QB. The mediocre QB was okay in 2018, but is extremely limited as shown in the playoffs. Fans and media wanted Flacco to replace him in the playoffs, but the Ravens didn't. If Flacco remained the QB controversy would have stretched the entire offseason and popped up the second Jackson plays like he did in the playoffs.

As for the Cutler comparison that's an extremely poor one for the fact that Cutler was a 26 year old going into his 4th season who had shown a lot of promise. Meanwhile Flacco is 34 and 11 seasons in.

I'm not saying that Flacco will be good or average or anything else, I'm just saying these aren't great arguments against him.
    Ah ha, so you're saying the Cutler comparison is poor because Flacco is not in his prime! That's exactly the point I made - a QB in his prime is worth much more than a late 4th round pick.

BMore used a first round pick to replace a 34 year old below average starting NFL QB. Why would they do that if they had a QB in his "prime"? We traded for the problem they took care of in last year's draft.

Has anyone heard about Flacco looks so far in Denver?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He’s still 6’5” with brown hair.

Ah ha, so you're saying the Cutler comparison is poor because Flacco is not in his prime! That's exactly the point I made - a QB in his prime is worth much more than a late 4th round pick.

BMore used a first round pick to replace a 34 year old below average starting NFL QB. Why would they do that if they had a QB in his "prime"? We traded for the problem they took care of in last year's draft.
    That’s one way to look at it, or we brought in a Veteran Qb who has excelled in the offense we run, and allows are 2nd rd pick to develop.
    Glass half empty or half full however you look at it. Flacco beat our team last year and went 4-5 while Keenum went 6-10. I’d rather see a year with Flacco than another with Keenum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Coachs love him, says he still has a cannon for an arm. Von Miller said he threw a ball eighty yards in camp. He has gotten to know all the players, and they say he is a solid improvement over the last qb who kept to himself.
    If their running back is all they say he is, he has the targets and the coaching to lead this team deep
    I expect to see him routing the Raiders on opening Monday night football to make a statement.
    He is acclimating well here in Denver.

No I'm saying there's a large difference between a 26 year old at the beginning of his career and a 34 year old who's towards the end. Young players with potential (a word which means you haven't done anything yet) are always worth more than older players. Alex Smith has been traded twice in his career, the first time when he was younger got a bigger return than the second one even though he was a better player at the second trade.

Second example, Peyton Manning was released and given away for nothing. RGIII was acquired for first round picks in 2012, 2013, 2014 and a second in 2012. It's almost like youth and potential are worth a lot...but then again Manning was no longer in his "prime"...

The whole "prime" thing is a ridiculous term, because lots of players never have a big chunk of great years, they'll have excellent years then down years, then good years etc. In reality the term "prime" is for contracts and earning potential, and yeah Flacco is passed his top earning potential years.

I've already said I don't know if the Broncos will get anything out of Flacco, I'm skeptical. But bad comparisons are bad comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    . If teams sleep Flacco has a huge arm and will make you pay. Can remember how many times Keenum had Emmanuel wide open and under threw the ball making sanders come back for it.
    Will he though? Keenum has actually been a more accurate deep passer than Flacco lately. More TDs and less ints in passes over 20 yards. People want to hype up Flacco as a rocket arm, and at one point he was that guy. But this is the injury-prone, 34-year-old, rapidly declining Flacco. Not the 26 year old cannon armed Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Will he though? Keenum has actually been a more accurate deep passer than Flacco lately. More TDs and less ints in passes over 20 yards. People want to hype up Flacco as a rocket arm, and at one point he was that guy. But this is the injury-prone, 34-year-old, rapidly declining Flacco. Not the 26 year old cannon armed Flacco.
    In kubiaks offense?
    Let’s compare apples to apples
    Keenum under threw Sanders countless times last year.
    By people you must mean Von, right?

I'll be as supportive as I can be with regards to Flacco. I have my doubts that he'll be any better than what Keenum gave us. He hasn't been a good QB in years and I can't think of any WRs that ever made the probowl with him under center......for that matter, has he ever made a probowl? I want to believe he is an upgrade and I'll try to have a supportive attitude but I won't deny I am expecting mediocrity

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Flacco beat us last year.
    We should have won that game in Baltimore. Flacco was good enough not to freak out and to have a couple decent drives, and score some points, and get the W for the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Flacco beat us last year.
    We should have won that game in Baltimore. Flacco was good enough not to freak out and to have a couple decent drives, and score some points, and get the W for the Ravens.
    I remember the first half of that game. Flacco was lighting us up. I remember thinking, why can't we have QB play like that?

Excited to have him

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMoss View Post
    I remember the first half of that game. Flacco was lighting us up. I remember thinking, why can't we have QB play like that?

Excited to have him
    I feel the same way. Happy to have a experienced NFL QB.