Page 215 of 234 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    I totally agree with you, someone needs to teach Flacco how to block for himself, how to catch easy passes thrown to his TE, how to play defense! Most of all, teach his how to complete passes from a prone position! lol
    True, he is not a great QB, but with a better OL, receivers who can catch good passes, etc etc he would be much better and we will be winning more games!
    But we don’t have a better o-line or receivers, that’s not getting fixed this year, and it makes no sense to build those pieces around a terrible, poorly aging QB. They need to switch QBs and see if somebody else can inspire the players to play better.

https://streamable.com/k6915

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this....

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's funny how I've caught flack, taken negs, ECT... For weeks for my stance on flacco.... Seems I was just ahead of the curve.

Sometimes I'm negative because I can see the writing on the wall that no one else wants to admit yet. I'm never negative like this without reason.
    Oh wow, how impressive. Pat yourself on the back. We are in awe.

Flacco played decent until last night.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post

As fuming mad as I was at Flacco last night, I will agree with you. He led us to Two 4 quarter comebacks with less than 1:45 left to watch our Defense blow the lead. Last night however Flacco was a lifeless abomination of a NFL QB.

Not really, he’s been terrible all year. Over the last 3 weeks he’s averaging just 190 yards per game and has only thrown 1 TD.

He was decent in the Jacksonville game, but still threw that terrible pick that flipped the momentum. Every other game has been dreadful, and he’s getting worse.

No, he really didnt. This isn't some shocked out of left field moment, we've been trying to tell you this was coming, that he was not performing well enough and no one listened, in fact, many were rude and nasty, so you'll forgive me if an I told you so is my natural reaction to being right this entire time.

Flacco has had probably 4 or 5 good drives in 7 games...how was that even decent? His best game was jaguars where he had a pitiful interception which cost at least 6 points before the half and then did nothing until the final drive.

Decent enough to the tune of a 2-5 record. Which is the point a lot of people have made. They could be 2-5 with much cheaper and younger QB's.

With one game over 20 points in 7 games? He doesn’t have a good game this season.

I've become repetitive (as I am known to do), but I often wondered how many of us would have been excited to know that our starting QB was going to be Flacco….if asked near the end of last season. I would have flatly rejected.

Why? If not obvious, it's because an upcoming team looks for either a quality vet, or go all out with a youngster with promise. I think Flacco was a quality player years back, not necessarily a high quality one. I do know that he led a team to a SB, and though it surprised me at the time, it did pave the way for a pretty good career, and a make him a reasonably good target for a back up QB, at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    The offense has too many problems to even isolate. Where is the anger over the running game that is so pathetic that it is not a credible threat to produce 1st downs. Flacco, Keenum, Siemian, Osweiler and Lynch have all looked bad behind our O-line in recent years

As much as Joe Flacco is criticised it is an immense problem that the running game is a joke and cannot produce 1st downs. There was not a single drive where the offense was not forced to lean on Flacco to try to make something that the running game could not produce. Flacco has his flaws, but they are accentuated by the fact that any scoring drive has to rely on big pass plays, and trying to set them up often causes sacks or holding calls.

This was yesterdays running game performance

First drive - runs of 1, 2, 1, 0, 3, 1 (TD), failed 2 pt from 2 yard line
    2nd drive one 4 yard run
    3rd drive 14 yards
    4th drive 1 yard
    5th drive 2, -1
    6th no runs
    7th drive 1 yards, 5 yards
    8th drive 4 yards
    9th drive 2 yards
    10th drive 14, 3 yards
    11th drive 9, 3
    12th no runs
    13th 4, 3

we all seen flacco beaten, sucking and scared and not recognizing the blitz

but again the chiefs sold out to stop the run, they loaded the box, blitzing on passing downs crushing the line...yes flacco deserves his criticism

but in my opinion scrangrello is the main guy...if they are stacking the box to beat the run you have to pass ...but we kept calling 10-15 yard routes when we should have been chipping and hitting the RB, quick slants, crossers...any type of quick play that flacco knows where the ball is going before the snap

we failed completly

and then why the coaching didn't notice the look on flaccos face...the scared eyes, the look of defeat, his inability to even recognize a coming blitz and replace him is beyond me

he should not start again

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    we all seen flacco beaten, sucking and scared and not recognizing the blitz

but again the chiefs sold out to stop the run, they loaded the box, blitzing on passing downs crushing the line...yes flacco deserves his criticism

but in my opinion scrangrello is the main guy...if they are stacking the box to beat the run you have to pass ...but we kept calling 10-15 yard routes when we should have been chipping and hitting the RB, quick slants, crossers...any type of quick play that flacco knows where the ball is going before the snap

we failed completly
    Oc is a big issue, but at the same time, flaccos lack of mobility really limits us. I agree, we need to get rid of the ball quick, the issue is, to who? They had our wrs blanketed all night and flacco just held on forever waiting on something to develop.

Sometimes with an open run Lane that most could get a first down with....

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    and then why the coaching didn't notice the look on flaccos face...the scared eyes, the look of defeat, his inability to even recognize a coming blitz and replace him is beyond me

he should not start again
    He'll keep starting because Allen isn't the answer either, but the second lock is available, we need to pull the trigger and make the switch

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Decent enough to the tune of a 2-5 record. Which is the point a lot of people have made. They could be 2-5 with much cheaper and younger QB's.
    Yes. They also could've won two of those games they lost. I stand by my statement, Flacco has played solid up until last nights disaster. With that said, I think he needs to be benched following that performance.

It's okay to change your opinion on things.