Page 126 of 219 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3284

Thread: Flacco

Iím fine with several of yíall blaming scheme and play calling.

Thatís why I asked on my previous post if we are now saying we may have potentially downgraded at coaching. Two games is obviously too early to really judge.

But so far we have seen a lot of play calling not suited to our strengths and watching Flacco throw 50 times in a 16-14 game which isnít what he was brought in to do. The difference between this year and last is our rushing attack has been significantly worse so it makes a little more sense to abandon the run than last year. But perhaps Flacco not scaring defenses is why they are able to shut down our rushing attack easier.

But also Bolles was leading the league in holds last year. So Iím not sure why we are acting like Flacco is dealing with someone that our prior two QBs didnít have to deal with on the oline.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Well the Fant on Mack situation was on Flacco. He audibled to that, and he paid the price for it.
    Man he is a two game rookie but Iíve been massively under whelmed with Fant so far.

A tight end that canít block anybody but also seems to rarely be open. We needed a receiving threat tight end. Right now we have one that canít get open or block.

This is just an all around bad team. We can blame individuals, coaches, running game, passing game, pass rush, bad tackling, poor special teams, on and on and on.

To me, itís very telling that we can legitimately place the blame on basically everyone. This is just a bad team. We have a few decent starters, but the starting line up is mediocre for the most part and we have no depth.

Oline has been an issue for many years. ILB has been an issue for many years (Marshall was a decent starter, but nothing special). Special teams has been horrible forever. TE coverage. Poor depth across the board. The coaching carrousel.

Iím a lifelong fan and Iíve been wearing the Elway sunglasses. I have finally come to grips with the idea that heís simply built a bad team. I still give him credit for landing Manning and the windfall of FA that followed, but he failed to build a core of young players to carry the torch.

The state of the Broncos lies directly at Elwayís feet. Look at the direction this team has gone since 2015. Steadily downhill.

This is a bad team with little depth. Sure, the passed couple of drafts have ďlooked betterĒ, but that still remains to be seen. I also question how many good players from these drafts will be retained.

I know I have no power to actually do anything about it. Iím just a fan venting on a message board. That said, Iím firmly in the ďItís all Elwayís faultĒ camp. Heís shown too many consistencies with head scratching moves. The current state of the team is due to poor personnel coupled with a coaching carrousel.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Man he is a two game rookie but Iíve been massively under whelmed with Fant so far.

A tight end that canít block anybody but also seems to rarely be open. We needed a receiving threat tight end. Right now we have one that canít get open or block.
    I wasnt happy about drafting Iowas back up TE in the first round and made it known on these boards. Of course I was told I was wrong. Yea...ok.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    There were a few times yesterday that I said, "c'mon man" to Flacco. How about the delay of game penalty he took on the 2pt conversion? The INT?

Yea he had some good moments, but was not great by any stretch of the imagination. Denver fans know what great QB play looks like, this is not it. This is average QB territory all the way.
    I don't know the deal with delay was. I did see both Fangio and Flacco complaining that the playclock didn't reset properly. The INT was all Flacco. My big issues was the INT. However, I have those moments WTH moments with just about every QB in the league. Flacco made some big time throws to close out, constantly made the good decision, and got better the more dire the situation. The thing I liked the most about Flacco yesterday, was there was a point, I think after Bolles 256th holding penalty, you could see Flacco rushed his mechanics, and it led to an incompletion. However, he reset and calmed himself and the offense, and then proceeded to lead a TD and 2pt conversion. That is a skill that will benefit the team in the long run. Seeing that example shows Lock and Rypien what right is like. It also will benefit the other offensive players, as they won't panic in those situations either. When we do make the change to the young guy, if the rest of the team can be calm and collected it will only help the new guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    This is just an all around bad team. We can blame individuals, coaches, running game, passing game, pass rush, bad tackling, poor special teams, on and on and on.

To me, itís very telling that we can legitimately place the blame on basically everyone. This is just a bad team. We have a few decent starters, but the starting line up is mediocre for the most part and we have no depth.

Oline has been an issue for many years. ILB has been an issue for many years (Marshall was a decent starter, but nothing special). Special teams has been horrible forever. TE coverage. Poor depth across the board. The coaching carrousel.

Iím a lifelong fan and Iíve been wearing the Elway sunglasses. I have finally come to grips with the idea that heís simply built a bad team. I still give him credit for landing Manning and the windfall of FA that followed, but he failed to build a core of young players to carry the torch.

The state of the Broncos lies directly at Elwayís feet. Look at the direction this team has gone since 2015. Steadily downhill.

This is a bad team with little depth. Sure, the passed couple of drafts have ďlooked betterĒ, but that still remains to be seen. I also question how many good players from these drafts will be retained.

I know I have no power to actually do anything about it. Iím just a fan venting on a message board. That said, Iím firmly in the ďItís all Elwayís faultĒ camp. Heís shown too many consistencies with head scratching moves. The current state of the team is due to poor personnel coupled with a coaching carrousel.
    Totally agreed. Unfortunately with no owner, Elway is not held accountable by anyone. Joe Ellis doesn't have the huevos to fire Elway.

I wasnt happy about drafting Iowas back up TE in the first round and made it known on these boards. Of course I was told I was wrong. Yea...ok.
    Name me a TE that came in and dominated as a rookie!! TEs need time to develop to have success. Fant will be fine, it's not Hockenson is killing it either. His 1st game was good..... yesterday 1 catch for 8 yds. So tired of all the people that want every draft pick to be Hall of famers the 1st day on the field

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post

Fant has been a very mixed bag. As a receiver the first two games he has been solid IMO. His blocking to me shows a young guy who is thinking and not reacting. It's almost like I can visually see him trying to think about what he should do, instead of just doing it. He's hesitant, and it's getting him killed. Again, not uncommon for a rookie, but for some the light never clicks(see Bolles). What's not doing Fant any favors, is that the OT liabilities force us to either keep extra help, or get the ball out quick. He can't take advantage of his athleticism the way things are.

Totally agreed. Unfortunately with no owner, Elway is not held accountable by anyone. Joe Ellis doesn't have the huevos to fire Elway.
    True. It bums me out. I personally think weíre in for some rough seasons. Thereís always hope, but Iím not loving the current state or direction of this franchise.

Flacco is what he is, heís on pace for around 4K yards and 16 TDS. Pretty similar production to what weíve had the last 3 years, lots of yards but not many points.

If the rest of the team played better, weíre probably 2-0 right now. Problem is that this is a rebuilding team, theyíre 0-2 starring at 0-3. The schedule just gets harder, even if things turn around a bit, we could be still be 2-7 by the bye. What sense would it make at that point to keep playing an aging veteran?

The fact is we were never going to compete with the Chiefs this year, which made Flacco on this team kinda pointless from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Name me a TE that came in and dominated as a rookie!! TEs need time to develop to have success. Fant will be fine, it's not Hockenson is killing it either. His 1st game was good..... yesterday 1 catch for 8 yds. So tired of all the people that want every draft pick to be Hall of famers the 1st day on the field
    Fant has been solid, improvement from week one to two in both receiving and blocking IMO. Currently on pace for about 50 catches and 500 yards which is very solid for a rookie. Flacco will continue to look for him especially after he bailed him out on that tipped pass.

I would definitely like to see more out of Hamilton. Heís been a non factor thus far.

I'm not expecting him to be Jeremy Shockey or Gronk in his rookie season (just named two off the top of my head). But that's kind of the point. That position rarely works out for first rounders in the first couple years. If he works out and helps us in 2022, I'll be happy. But, I didn't like the pick for this team. He wasnt even the best TE on his own team. A first round TE seems like a luxury pick when you have so many other needs.

Keenum was up and down. It was a bad team the last two years, and a bad team again this year. Did anyone really think Flacco could take us over top? That we were just an average game manager QB away?

News flash - we need a good QB. Good QBs aren't available for 4th rounders. You have to draft and develop one.
    News flash - all these claims are promises of Unicorn dust!

Broncos has only ever drafted one QB that has won a playoff game for us, and a more vocal number on this board hates and belittles Tebow. This fantasy that Drew Lock when healthy will be our saviour, like Chad Kelly was, like Tom Brandstadter was.... is absurd. Lock fell to the mid 2nd round, lower than Osweiler, lower than Brandon Weeden that Elway was said to like a lot.

Elway has made it very clear whether it was his support for Kyle Orton to start the 2011 season in a straight line to Joe Flacco, shows that Elway wants a polished pocket passer, and he believes in arm talent above anything else. We would not know what to do with Russel Wilson or Patrick Mahomes.

While Tebow was a square peg in a round hole - one that in my opinion had tremendous upside and significant limitations, what we have in Flacco is a prototypical polished passer that in the two games he has played here has played well, but who might just be like Orton was - a QB that almost always played well and came up short.

Flacco is not the problem we have at the moment - he is easily the best passer we have had since 2014. The problem we have right now is that defense is bad, special teams suck and offense is blah.

Flacco fits the mold for the QBs that have had success for us.

If we look at https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/2019.htm then by the efforts of the offense we should have won by 8.29 points against the Raiders and 13.75 points against the Bears, but the defense detracted 17 and 21 points.

I find the hate for Flacco absurd under those circumstances, and it is an embarrasment that Fangio has not done better with the defense. While I understood that Fangio did not want Kubes around, I think that was the top measure of stupidity that happened this off season.

I will say this though. Hockenson is a fantastic blocker. I didn't watch hardly any of the Lions game, but I think the Chargers tried to take Hockenson away. In Week 1 Hockenson was going against Vance "Tight Ends are Eligible?" Joseph, and Detroit stretched them with the receivers vertically while using Hockenson and Amendola to do damage. Neither guy had much receiving impact against LA. The more I think about it, the more I think we would've taken Hockenson. I'm not about to write Fant off after 2 games though. I actually think he'll be pretty good down the road, as long as we still have Scangarello running the offense.

To an extent, I do agree with the people who say Flacco isn't the problem. I do think we need to be a little more aggressive pushing the ball downfield though, because I think that could help open up the running game a little more. To state the obvious, we also need to make the opposing quarterback feel us. I'm hoping that part of the reason we weren't as effective at getting to Trubisky is because we were worried about the run threat. I think teams are figuring out that if you prevent Trubisky from taking off, he's limited. He's only got 19 rushing yards so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    News flash - all these claims are promises of Unicorn dust!

Broncos has only ever drafted one QB that has won a playoff game for us, and a more vocal number on this board hates and belittles Tebow. This fantasy that Drew Lock when healthy will be our saviour, like Chad Kelly was, like Tom Brandstadter was.... is absurd. Lock fell to the mid 2nd round, lower than Osweiler, lower than Brandon Weeden that Elway was said to like a lot.

Elway has made it very clear whether it was his support for Kyle Orton to start the 2011 season in a straight line to Joe Flacco, shows that Elway wants a polished pocket passer, and he believes in arm talent above anything else. We would not know what to do with Russel Wilson or Patrick Mahomes.

While Tebow was a square peg in a round hole - one that in my opinion had tremendous upside and significant limitations, what we have in Flacco is a prototypical polished passer that in the two games he has played here has played well, but who might just be like Orton was - a QB that almost always played well and came up short.

Flacco is not the problem we have at the moment - he is easily the best passer we have had since 2014. The problem we have right now is that defense is bad, special teams suck and offense is blah.

Flacco fits the mold for the QBs that have had success for us.

If we look at https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/2019.htm then by the efforts of the offense we should have won by 8.29 points against the Raiders and 13.75 points against the Bears, but the defense detracted 17 and 21 points.

I find the hate for Flacco absurd under those circumstances, and it is an embarrasment that Fangio has not done better with the defense. While I understood that Fangio did not want Kubes around, I think that was the top measure of stupidity that happened this off season.
    I dont hate Flacco. Yea, hes ok but so what? If we are 2-7 or 3-6, shouldnt we see if Lock can play? Or are you going to say we have to stick with Flacco at that point since hes ok?