Page 237 of 239 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 3574

Thread: Flacco

I caught so much crap over my stance on flacco from the beginning that he was a mediocre QB and a terrible choice for our starting qb.

I've been begged, lost friends on and off the board for being "negative" and "not being a good fan".

Now, I'm not going to say I told you so, just point that some of you are too quick to dismiss rational reasoning if it doesn't have a positive outcome.

Maybe in the future, don't be so quick to dismiss a well reasoned argument lol.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 02-01-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I caught so much crap over my stance on flacco from the beginning that he was a mediocre QB and a terrible choice for our starting qb.

I've been begged, lost friends on and off the board for being "negative" and "not being a good fan".

Now, I'm not going to say I told you so, just point that some of you are too quick to dismiss rational reasoning if it doesn't have a positive outcome.

Maybe in the future, don't be so quick to dismiss a well rained argument lol.
    Ive argued with people on reddit, social media, and other forums about Flacco and Ive gotten the same type of attacks. That Im a bad fan and overly negative.

The bottom line is that how can anyone have watched how he played in Baltimore from 2015-2018 and think that hed come in and play well for us, let alone take us to the playoffs. People just decided to drink the kool aid sight unseen.

What an interesting way of saying that you're not going to say "I told you so" while saying "I told you so."

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. I was one of the ones who thought Flacco would be an upgrade. I was completely wrong. We all want the Broncos to win here.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    nobody in their right mind would give a pick for flacco when they know we wont give them a pick and pay the hit ...he will be cut
    I'd of said the same thing about Keenum last year and he didn't win a SB. Not saying it will happen, but you never know. We shall see.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 02-01-2020 at 08:41 AM.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Maybe he restructures his contract for about 5 million a year, and is the veteran Backup ? (I would much rather them to start developing young quarterbacks instead, from here on out.)
    Yeah, I don't want him as a back up. Heck I don' t want him on the team period. One way or another, I don't think he will be.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

If you lost friends on and off this board they were truly not friends . I wasnt high on Flacco my buddy and co worker was . I learned my lesson with Keenum . So I took Flacco with a grain of salt . He played ok at first but then was quick to crap his pants . Now theres no reason to tell my buddy see I told you so because he knows , its evident. Thing to remember is we all want the same thing .

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosojia View Post
    I’ve argued with people on reddit, social media, and other forums about Flacco and I’ve gotten the same type of attacks. That I’m a bad fan and overly negative.

The bottom line is that how can anyone have watched how he played in Baltimore from 2015-2018 and think that he’d come in and play well for us, let alone take us to the playoffs. People just decided to drink the kool aid sight unseen.
    Yup. Get wanting to be positive within reason. I can't blindly accept something I know it's not positive and just write it off based on fanhood. I'm too realistic for that. I would have been happy if flacco had proven me wrong, but there a reason I was so adamantly against him and it had nothing to do with wanting him or the team to fail. The writing was on the wall for any who would look without tinted vision. Flacco is and was an average at best QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I'd of said the same thing about Keenum last year and he didn't win a SB. Not saying it will happen, but you never know. We shall see.
    This is actually a fair point. You never know what a bad team will be crazy enough to do for a qb

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    If you lost friends on and off this board they were truly not friends . I wasnt high on Flacco my buddy and co worker was . I learned my lesson with Keenum . So I took Flacco with a grain of salt . He played ok at first but then was quick to crap his pants . Now theres no reason to tell my buddy see I told you so because he knows , its evident. Thing to remember is we all want the same thing .
    Funny enough, that's EXACTLY why flacco didn't get an inch of hope from me.

I played the optimist with simian even though everything told me he wasn't going to work.

I played the optimist with keenum despite the fact that it looked like a flash in the pan that wouldn't be repeated...

I wasn't in the mood to lie to myself a third time...

I wasn't real happy when they signed Flacco, but I was hoping for the best.

I was totally against Flacco playing here, and fortunately, my family and friends could care less.

JF was the only option at the time to replace CK. He had a better arm and was more accurate. But, having a new team, coaching staff and a poor O-line, JF couldn't get his footing. I'm not going to apologize for supporting JF. It's easy taking the negative side on an aging QB that has been benched for a younger player. I could do that with hundreds of players in the NFL. I just don't think saying, "I told you so", applies here.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Maybe he restructures his contract for about 5 million a year, and is the veteran Backup ? (I would much rather them to start developing young quarterbacks instead, from here on out.)
    I personally think Flacco adds almost zero value as a back up QB.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I totally agree with this post.

Anyone who unfriends someone over an opinion on Flacco's value was not really a friend to begin with.

I have to give a thumbs up to Elway and the front office, they are always trying to make the Broncos a better team. Sometime they get it right some times they don't but they are always trying..

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!