Page 216 of 232 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Oh wow, how impressive. Pat yourself on the back. We are in awe.

Flacco played decent until last night.
    Oh come on JW, dont be ridiculous, he has been below average all season. It's not an impressive "i told you so" because it has been glaringly obvious to anyone watching the games that this was coming, THATS why we've been frustrated this whole time, because we WANT to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Oh come on JW, dont be ridiculous, he has been below average all season. It's not an impressive "i told you so" because it has been glaringly obvious to anyone watching the games that this was coming, THATS why we've been frustrated this whole time, because we WANT to win.
    And that's where we disagree. I thought he played decent this year until last night. Nothing will change my opinion on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    But we don’t have a better o-line or receivers, that’s not getting fixed this year, and it makes no sense to build those pieces around a terrible, poorly aging QB. They need to switch QBs and see if somebody else can inspire the players to play better.
    And what QB are you wanting to get that can complete passes from a prone position? I don't know how Flacco would do with a better OL and a better TE......but neither do you! Let's get Lock healthy and see how well he can throw while running for his life or from flat on his back on the field?

Flacco can't even be a place-holder anymore. Not with this OL. Not with these TE's. Wait a minute--- the whole offense sucks. We have a few talented guys but

After last night. The ONLY thing to do is go Lock. Find out if he has anything. Elway needs a spanking. Something needs to wake his ass up
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    You don't think any QB could overcome Bolles and his old timey right side of the OL do you?
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Be mindful of calling people out for being for or against Flacco, or any player.

My dad used to say, “When you start writing your own press releases, and believing them you’re in trouble.”

We’ve all been wrong on a take about a player, coach, etc. Nobody here has a monopoly on being right all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Be mindful of calling people out for being for or against Flacco, or any player.

My dad used to say, “When you start writing your own press releases, and believing them you’re in trouble.”

We’ve all been wrong on a take about a player, coach, etc. Nobody here has a monopoly on being right all the time.
    Well said.

Under different coaches, different schemes, and different situations, all players will either improve, stay the same, or get worse...in no particular order. For every correct prophetic call, I'm quite sure there are at least an equal number of misses. If that's not the case...such an individual should not be wasting their talents on an internet message board, and should instead be making nice money as a professional scout or coach.

Many of us gave Flacco the benefit of the doubt and didn't pin 100% of all of our offensive failures on him alone. At any rate, I hope he's benched and hope to see Lock under center as soon as he's available to start. Not sure I have any confidence in our O-line to keep Lock out of the hospital...but at least he has mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Well said.

Under different coaches, different schemes, and different situations, all players will either improve, stay the same, or get worse...in no particular order. For every correct prophetic call, I'm quite sure there are at least an equal number of misses. If that's not the case...such an individual should not be wasting their talents on an internet message board, and should instead be making nice money as a professional scout or coach.

Many of us gave Flacco the benefit of the doubt and didn't pin 100% of all of our offensive failures on him alone. At any rate, I hope he's benched and hope to see Lock under center as soon as he's available to start. Not sure I have any confidence in our O-line to keep Lock out of the hospital...but at least he has mobility.
    Well said. Ja’Wuan James should return next week. If he stays healthy he should provide better protection on the right side. Scangarello could use Beck to help Bolles, although I think he should sit the bench. Lock has experience behind a bad line at Missouri so it’s not anything he hasn’t had a taste of. Let the Lock watch begin...in earnest!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Oc is a big issue, but at the same time, flaccos lack of mobility really limits us. I agree, we need to get rid of the ball quick, the issue is, to who? They had our wrs blanketed all night and flacco just held on forever waiting on something to develop.

Sometimes with an open run Lane that most could get a first down with....

but we all knew that right...is there one guy in the world of football that didn't know flacco was a pocket sloth?

when we seen flacco complete balls it was the quick stuff...and we just seemed hell bent on getting big yardage plays

it doesn't matter now anymore...FLACCO IS TOAST, you could see itin his eyes, his actions...the guy is finished

and by the third qrter Fangio and scrangrello did this team zero favors by continuing g to march his butt back out there, to get under center, nonchalantly scan the defense...and totally not see the pressure
    or where his open guy would be

Maybe an unfair comparison, but one I thought interesting. In his last 4 seasons (2016-19),

Flacco started 48 games, completing 56 TD passes and had 39 interceptions

In '13 Manning started 16 games, had 55 TD passes and just 10 interceptions

I know, not a great comparison, but not too surprising.

Some thought trading for Flacco was akin to signing Manning. Elway thought Flacco was in his prime.

Others like me knew from the start the emperor had no clothes and weren't afraid to say it.

Thats why I (and others) wanted a qb in the first round of the draft and wanted Lock to get a fair shot at competing for the starting gig.

Now Lock is all we have to look forward to the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    but we all knew that right...is there one guy in the world of football that didn't know flacco was a pocket sloth?

when we seen flacco complete balls it was the quick stuff...and we just seemed hell bent on getting big yardage plays

it doesn't matter now anymore...FLACCO IS TOAST, you could see itin his eyes, his actions...the guy is finished

and by the third qrter Fangio and scrangrello did this team zero favors by continuing g to march his butt back out there, to get under center, nonchalantly scan the defense...and totally not see the pressure
    or where his open guy would be
    You're correct, none of that information is new. Elway should have recognized that prior to massively overpaying him.

There were cheaper gap options to wait on lock. Elway sure as hell shouldn't have redone his contact.

It's frustrating because he's yet another glaring qb mistake by Elway.

We all do have an agenda. Mine is I want the broncos to win, period!!!!!! And not to look like I know how to run a football team, build a team, or scout players. I have to leave that up to whoever the team I have supported for the last 33 years puts in charge.
    I don’t disagree that Elway has missed on the draft, free agency, and the hiring of VJ.
    I also won’t disagree Joe Flacco’s play leaves much to be desired as does this oline, and offensive game plan.

You bring up agenda’s, and I agree but I believe a major agenda of some is to be right and the same fans who pounded their chest when we won in SB 50 are now only focused on Elway being fired and Flacco cut or benched.
    I’m not against either happening, I just don’t agree that firingJohn Elway without a replacement and benching Or cutting Flacco fixes the oline or offensive scheme.

Elway needs to bring in someone else besides Matt Russel,in the front office, I think he tried with Mike Shannahan but Ellis wouldn’t allow it. Once Elway has that guy then he can back out and eventually hand over the reigns. Firing him right now would move all the attention to Joe Ellis and the owner situation and I don’t think the team wants that, their fine letting Elway being the face of the franchise.

Flacco is not our future but i don’t want to see Lock in this offense right now because I don’t see how he doesn’t get injured again and winds up seeing ghosts. Flacco was getting hit under 3 seconds on many of the pats last night. The offense has to find its identity and then fill it with better personal. I am worried Scangerello will not know how to do that.

Sad times in Bronco Country
    Last edited by Peanut; 10-18-2019 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Deleted quote.

Thread cleaned.

Let's not get too personal, please.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    After arguing with you for most of the week I will give you that as much as I despise Flacco that was one of the worse oline performances I’ve ever witnessed by the broncos. It was flat embarrassing. Bolles May be the worst Lt in league history.

I think we may all finally agree both the line and Flacco stink.
    I’ve never said they were good. I saw improvements from week to week, and the 4th QRT go ahead drives made me hopeful that we might be able to play better.
    Last night reminded me of the Raider game, and the offense took a huge step back and Flacco showed no leadership.
    That is how I view things, up to last night I found no reason to blame Flacco for everything. Last night he needed to step up and he folded, I can’t defend that from any player.
    Bolles, Wilkinson, and Fant were 3 more major issues.
    Bolles doesn’t play with discipline and panics

Wilkinson is worse he gets beat and just watches his Qb get decked without slowing his guy down.

Fant just looks terrified, Flacco hit him with one pass in a crowd and he didn’t want anything to do with it. A couple other passes he could have caught but Flacco threw bad passes.

I won’t give up on Fant ( I remember Shannon Sharpe looking lost early in his career)

Wilkinson cannot play tackle, his only hope is at guard, James should be back.

Bolles has had his chance and we need to make an example out of him. If a player cannot play with discipline he can’t be on our team.