Page 111 of 215 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3211

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Heres a video on Flaccos mechanics
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wM14WljTz4
    notice the defender closing in for the big hit, while Flacco still completes the long pass at the two minute thirty mark
    The challenge of a fan is being able to forgive a player after he becomes a member of your own team.
    I would say rather the challenge is for the player to earn the admiration of the fans and the respect of his teammates. I didn't like Peyton Manning the Colt but that quickly changed when he played hard for us right out the gate in our first game in 2012, doing everything possible to win --even things outside his comfort zone like using his legs. A guy coming off injury running for yards and even getting the first down?

He was "forgiven" if you will, from this moment on in my book!

Flacco will have to do the same, for most of us. So long as he makes plays and isn't a liability out there he will be liked in Denver.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I would say rather the challenge is for the player to earn the admiration of the fans and the respect of his teammates. I didn't like Peyton Manning the Colt but that quickly changed when he played hard for us right out the gate in our first game in 2012, doing everything possible to win --even things outside his comfort zone like using his legs. A guy coming off injury running for yards and even getting the first down?

Flacco will have to do the same, for most of us. So long as he makes plays and isn't a liability out there he will be liked in Denver.
    Well said..

notice the defender closing in for the big hit, while Flacco still completes the long pass at the two minute thirty mark
    The challenge of a fan is being able to forgive a player after he becomes a member of your own team.
    I don't think anyone has an issue with "forgiveness". I have an issue with Flacco's talent level. I have the last few years and that doesn't change now that he's donned the orange and blue. He has played like a below average QB every year since 2014 and I expect ththaththat to continue. Others present their opinion on it and I push back. He is just so obviously the same caliber of QB we have had in town the mast few years, it really limits this team.

We can't really evaluate him until after he plays a few games, or at least until week 8. Keenum had such a noodle arm, and after he got paid 20 million guaranteed he looked like he got a little fat. Semien was inexperienced and Brock was Brock, at least Flacco has beaten the Patriots in the playoffs, and he actually won a Superbowl. But after he got his big contract his play seem to drop off like a lot of other players that get paid big bucks. I will wait and see if Flacco can do what is expected of him, and bring the Broncos back to respectability, and make the playoffs. That is what I expect from Joe Flacco's Broncos.

Itís not about forgiveness, itís about being able to objectively assess strengths and opportunities (weaknesses). Flacco clearly has strengths and a track record of success. Like every player he has opportunities to improve. Over the last few years heís had games and stretches where he hasnít played well. Thatís not an indictment of him as a quarterback. The examples I provided were a sample of the tendencies heís had which lead to poor production. Again, there are plays and games when he overcame those tendencies. Iím cautiously optimistic that he can have a solid, maybe even a resurgence in Denver. The players around him must consistently do their part. The defense seems poised to be very good. If Flacco can reach 24+ TDs and limit INTs to 6-8, I believe the Broncos will be in the hunt for the playoffs.

It isn't about forgiveness, you are right. There was no malice in his heart when he made that pass to Jacoby. He was being great. No one should hate a player for showing his talent.
    Joe is brutally honest in his sports interviews. Sportswriters took advantage of this and the whole elite thing came about. So Joe was put under a microscope, much like papa pwn does on here.
    When he won a Superbowl, that most of the sportsworld said he would never do, he made them less credulous in their own minds, and it got worse. They started on his contract, saying he wasn't worth the money, when others were about to get much more, and done much less.
    I guess the moral of the story is don't be honest,during interviews, just spout the same no insight drivel that most give.
    Be Boring.
    Last edited by crabcruncher; 08-28-2019 at 11:33 AM.

In a week or so I will update my roster on Madden, and I will see how good, (or bad) Flacco is on Madden.
    Last year I played a game or two with Kasey Keesum and it was so bad, I had to reset and make a roster with Andrew Luck.
    (That was nice Playing with Luck as QB On the Broncos)

I don't have a problem with the notion that Joe has to earn the respect of Broncos fans. It makes perfect sense. What I do have a problem with is people who haven't watched the Ravens after 2012 deciding that he sucks because of his stats. There is a flood of Ravens fans following Joe as a Bronco, because of how the Ravens made it impossible for him to be good after he won the Super Bowl. The arguments are valid - a team can make a QB play poor. Look at Steve Young's stats when he went 2-12 with Tampa Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorman82 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the notion that Joe has to earn the respect of Broncos fans. It makes perfect sense. What I do have a problem with is people who haven't watched the Ravens after 2012 deciding that he sucks because of his stats. There is a flood of Ravens fans following Joe as a Bronco, because of how the Ravens made it impossible for him to be good after he won the Super Bowl. The arguments are valid - a team can make a QB play poor. Look at Steve Young's stats when he went 2-12 with Tampa Bay.
    But he wasn't actually all that good 2012 and before lol. His only statistically good season was with Kubiak (and admittedly in 2012, he was good in the playoffs). He got to the Superbowl primarily because of a strong defense and run game.

Don't forget the "Holy Flacco" the "Mile High Miracle", he could have easily folded and choked, but he Beat Peyton on the road in the playoffs in OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    But he wasn't actually all that good 2012 and before lol. His only statistically good season was with Kubiak (and admittedly in 2012, he was good in the playoffs). He got to the Superbowl primarily because of a strong defense and run game.
    If you watched him play in all those years, you would know that he played much better in 2011 than he did in under Kubiak. The stats don't tell the story.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post

I didn't like Manning as a colt either but like you said, he came out shooting and played his heart out for us and that's what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Well said..
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I don't think anyone has an issue with "forgiveness". I have an issue with Flacco's talent level. I have the last few years and that doesn't change now that he's donned the orange and blue. He has played like a below average QB every year since 2014 and I expect ththaththat to continue. Others present their opinion on it and I push back. He is just so obviously the same caliber of QB we have had in town the mast few years, it really limits this team.
    Agreed Papa, his talent is not as high as it should be, imo. Now that being said, his talent is higher than what we had.... If he performs like he needs to.... All is good. If not, sadly we still need a QB.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 09-06-2019 at 05:09 AM.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I didn't like Manning as a colt either but like you said, he came out shooting and played his heart out for us and that's what matters.
    Only those who hated the guy, and who favored the inadequate QB the team had at the time ever doubted that Manning would give it his all. His competitive fire was second to none.

Yeah Joe played really well in 2011 and the Ravens should have been in the SB. The gift to the patsies in the AFCG was heart breaking and still hurts 8 years later.

Happy that he is getting a new start in Denver but it would have been intriguing to see a fully healthy Joe play with likes of Marquise Brown, Roberts, Boykin, Scott, Andrews, Snead, Ingram, Edwards, Hill.......Thereís more offensive weapons on the Ravensí squad this year than the past 7 years combined. I donít think many grasp just how empty of offensive support those squads were, turrible. lol
    Last edited by JimmyT; 09-06-2019 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    Only those who hated the guy, and who favored the inadequate QB the team had at the time ever doubted that Manning would give it his all. His competitive fire was second to none.
    Indy releasing Manning and drafting Andrew Luck was a possibility for which Elway prepared. When Irsay announced Manning's release, Elway & Co. were on the move in Pat Bowlen's jet. It was Elway's job to get Manning and he did. The rest is history.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus