Page 104 of 219 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3284

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Torn acl and mcl Nov 2015\
    Wore a forrest gump boot on his leg in 2016 passed for 4300 yds, but no run game.
    2017 got rid of the boot midway thru season, still no run game
    2018 Ravens drafted Lamar Jackson. Joe threw for three tds in first game of season rout of bills, Joe taken out of game in third quarter after Ravens lead by forty three pts.
    Was having a very good year until the injury laid him up for three weeks, was deemed healthy but lost his job, to save Harbaugh from getting fired. Coach figured somebody was going, so adios Joe. adios
    Suggs, adios Weddle, and adios C J Mosley. Adios Ravens defense.
    So what else you want to know?
    Sounds like when the Ravens made playoffs it was all because of Joe Flacco. But when they missed playoffs, it was the team and a million other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Yes and no. .... If the Broncos go 11-5 this season, but Flacco isn't making a difference by passing the ball than it's likely they move on to Drew Lock or someone else in 2020. they don't need great, middle of the road (3500-4500 passing yards, 25 TDs 10-12 interceptions) likely keeps the job for him in 2020.
    I fear that you might be right, and that we could go through the Plummer to Cutler to Orton experience again, as so many teams that follow "the grass is always greener strategy" like ex. the Browns. Same as we saw in 2017 everything was Siemians fault who went 5-5 - the best win rate any QB has had with VJ as his HC.
    Winning QBs all have the ability to lift the team up and keep things together when you need that extra boost, and that is the only trait that our last 4 QBs that managed to win in the playoffs Elway, Plummer, Tebow and Manning all had in common.

It was easy to fall in love with Cutler's skill set, but you have to gage how much good and bad each QB brings, what you can fix, and what you can do to play to their strengths. If the team wins I hope Elway stays the course.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Sounds like when the Ravens made playoffs it was all because of Joe Flacco. But when they missed playoffs, it was the team and a million other reasons.
    That is a very creative interpretation of a post that said Flacco played injured w/o a good running game, and that the poster is bitter over the changes to the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Pretty good against the Steelers as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    It's a pretty dead on interpretation. Have you missed crab's posting history?
    You mean like guys who said Drew Lock would be the first QB drafted in the first five picks?

See:

NFL Draft, Scouting and Free Agent Forum

The "Whose Stock is Rising" (and sadly, whose is falling) Thread

page 4, post # 54
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Yup...this guy stinks....cut him

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    You mean like guys who said Drew Lock would be the first QB drafted in the first five picks?

See:

NFL Draft, Scouting and Free Agent Forum
    The "Whose Stock is Rising" (and sadly, whose is falling) Thread
    page 4, post # 54
    You mean to tell me that you are not impressed by this immense knowledge of how QBs should be evaluated?
    I get so impressed when I read such well articulated arguments, that Lock is a Demi-God and will surely end up in the HOF some day.
    It makes perfect sense why someone would be so militant about smearing our starting QB.

Not too surprising. I think Lock will be the first QB taken, probabky somewhere in the top 5, then either Jones or Haskins, with one going in the top 10(Jones to Giants?) and the other somewhere a little later, perhaps Haskins to cinci at 11 or a couple picks layer to the dolphins, then Murray somewhere around 20-25.
    I just don't see it. It would be more of a shock to me if they took him. There's nothing really connecting them besides the media running with a comment that their HC made 6 months before he became their coach. Prior to that, Murray was being mocked around the 20s, the 3rd or 4th QB taken, and that's where I expect him to go much like Lamat Jackson.
    I think it is a media fabrication that KK is "high" on Murray. I think he will be the 3rd QB taken, behind Lock and then Haskins, at best.

I don't think there's any way Lock falls out of the 1st. I get the feeling he is among the top 3 players overall on the team's big board. Probably after Bosa and Williams, but maybe ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    That would make too much sense...you know, to actually SEE how things transpire with a new offense and new coaches.
    Right?

About 60(?) pages ago, back in March, I pointed out that this debate between the pro and anti Flacco factions is hopeless, pointless and will not be settled here until he actually plays close to a full season for us.

And during the course of that, (and barring a miracle of instant cohesion and awesomeness) there will likely be growing pains with Scangarello, with the OL, with Flacco developing chemistry with new receivers, so if/when the offense sputters, I see a rehash of similar arguments to the ones which surrounded Keenum, the OL, receivers, and Musgrave last season -who's to blame for it?
    Last edited by L.M.; 08-16-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Right?

About 60(?) pages ago, back in March, I pointed out that this debate between the pro and anti Flacco factions is hopeless, pointless and will not be settled here until he actually plays close to a full season for us.

And during the course of that, (and barring a miracle of instant cohesion and awesomeness) there will likely be growing pains with Scangarello, with the OL, with Flacco developing chemistry with new receivers, so if/when the offense sputters, I see a rehash of similar arguments to the ones which surrounded Keenum, the OL, receivers, and Musgrave last season -who's to blame for it?
    The Patriots*, TB, BB and all their fans.

Carry on

Thread really should be cleaned. Maybe it'll happen later.

Or maybe we can move this whole thing over to Smack. But another thread would be started here and we would be in the same situation.

Voice your opinions, but please do it with respect.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Right?

These discussions crack me up. Nobody knows what will happen - Flacco could be better, worse, or the same...roll the dice. There will absolutely be growing pains!

I've never been a big fan of Flacco, but as a Broncos fan, obviously, I hope the dude puts together a solid year. That would be awesome! On the other hand, if after a good portion of the season, he looks like crap, I'm not putting on orange glasses and firing up the "what if" machine.

I wouldn't think that this frame of mind is that outlandish.......but...wow!!! Here we are 105 pages later.

Theres nothing wrong with speculating how Flacco will do and its something all of us have an opinion which is why this thread is so long.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and no opinion can be proven wrong at this point in time. Flacco has not been great in recent years with the Ravens for various reasons i.e. different coaches and poor talent around him. I think he will be better here because I think our oline will be better than what hes had while our running game should be better than what hes had and our receiving group will be better than anything hes had in possibly his entire career. However Father Time can strike at any moment and with some back injuries it may be too late to reverse the course and be great again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Well, considering that vaunted Ravens defense that carried him his entire career, blew not one, but two 14 point leads when they went to Gillette in the 2014 playoffs, yes, Kubiak and Flacco were the main reason.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    There’s nothing wrong with speculating how Flacco will do and it’s something all of us have an opinion which is why this thread is so long.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and no opinion can be proven wrong at this point in time. Flacco has not been great in recent years with the Ravens for various reasons i.e. different coaches and poor talent around him. I think he will be better here because I think our oline will be better than what he’s had while our running game should be better than what he’s had and our receiving group will be better than anything he’s had in possibly his entire career. However Father Time can strike at any moment and with some back injuries it may be too late to reverse the course and be great again.
    I hope your right, but that is assuming a lot about some very unproven groups who weren't exactly great last year and are learning a new offense with new coaches. While I believe they will probably be better than last year just do to the change in coaching, how good is yet to be seen. But I like your optimism and hope you are correct.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien