Page 99 of 234 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

Being a Broncos fan, I go for the win, no matter who is playing. But as a fan, I (and all of us) have a right to voice displeasure, vent, critique, and so on. Hey, it's basically entertainment, so no crime attached to discontent. With that, I hope that most folks have a "radar" as to where the line is, between discontent and flat out whining.

As mentioned, I hope Joe does well, and mentors very well!!! I have concerns about his future as a starter. But lets give him some room. But I also believe that our future QB is Lock, or someone not on the roster. So lets keep developing the young man. Because like it or not, Joe may not be the sturdiest QB around these days. And not hoping he gets injured, but sometimes age and annoying injury can combine, and reduce one's effectiveness. This may not even be something that is obvious to us, in terms of a more serious type of setback. So we better not be surprised that we need our 2nd QB to be ready some time this season. And if we can, whether we are way up or way down in a game, we should let the young man experience The NFL, in actual game situations.

There are alternatives of course, like signing another QB during the season, but I would not make that plan B without knowing our chances at the playoffs, or if I did not think our 2nd guy could step in and do a reasonable job.

Regardless, I would not count on Joe to be our starter all year, based on recent history. So, plan B might mark the beginning of the new era.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    My favorite was alternating Shawn Moore and Tom Maddox every play.
    I hated that year, made me realize how rad elway was to our team.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Being a Broncos fan, I go for the win, no matter who is playing. But as a fan, I (and all of us) have a right to voice displeasure, vent, critique, and so on. Hey, it's basically entertainment, so no crime attached to discontent. With that, I hope that most folks have a "radar" as to where the line is, between discontent and flat out whining.

As mentioned, I hope Joe does well, and mentors very well!!! I have concerns about his future as a starter. But lets give him some room. But I also believe that our future QB is Lock, or someone not on the roster. So lets keep developing the young man. Because like it or not, Joe may not be the sturdiest QB around these days. And not hoping he gets injured, but sometimes age and annoying injury can combine, and reduce one's effectiveness. This may not even be something that is obvious to us, in terms of a more serious type of setback. So we better not be surprised that we need our 2nd QB to be ready some time this season. And if we can, whether we are way up or way down in a game, we should let the young man experience The NFL, in actual game situations.

There are alternatives of course, like signing another QB during the season, but I would not make that plan B without knowing our chances at the playoffs, or if I did not think our 2nd guy could step in and do a reasonable job.

Regardless, I would not count on Joe to be our starter all year, based on recent history. So, plan B might mark the beginning of the new era.
    Flacco has played 163 of the 176 games in his career, Im surprised your concerned about his health Can.
    I do agree with bringing Lock along, Flacco dont work we should go all in. Id like to see him have a couple years to develop.

I am genuinely excited to see Flacco play here. I have mentioned it multiple times much earlier in this thread, but I was impressed with what I seen from him last season. In the games Joe played, he shouldered a large responsibility in the offense he played in, he threw the ball over 42 times per game on average, he wont be doing that here. But, I watched every single snap he played, and he opens up the offenses ability to attack all areas of the field, especially the deep outside areas which a year ago Keenum physically couldn't get the ball too. The way Flacco differs from quarterbacks who have started here recently is he is willing to stand in the pocket, climb it, and try to push the ball down field. If we can protect Joe, give him an area to climb up into, I believe he can attack all areas of a defense and allow us to compete for a wild card spot in the AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I am genuinely excited to see Flacco play here. I have mentioned it multiple times much earlier in this thread, but I was impressed with what I seen from him last season. In the games Joe played, he shouldered a large responsibility in the offense he played in, he threw the ball over 42 times per game on average, he wont be doing that here. But, I watched every single snap he played, and he opens up the offenses ability to attack all areas of the field, especially the deep outside areas which a year ago Keenum physically couldn't get the ball too. The way Flacco differs from quarterbacks who have started here recently is he is willing to stand in the pocket, climb it, and try to push the ball down field. If we can protect Joe, give him an area to climb up into, I believe he can attack all areas of a defense and allow us to compete for a wild card spot in the AFC.
    Flacco with a running game could be exciting. I know Keenum with a running game wasn't. We were 4th in yards per attempt last year. Flacco hasn't had that type of efficiency since '14. Even if the running game isn't as good as it was last season, I'll be surprised if he's as bad as Keenum was.

Nice Post!

The fact is that the Broncos are coming off of 5-11 and 6-10 seasons. For the Flacco haters to claim that he will fail this season is lazy, and laughable. There is more to this team's success or failure than one player. This is a team sport. And if the last two seasons have proven anything it's that the Broncos don't have a plethora of talent. They have stunk, very consistently, for two seasons. And if we have seen anything in the first two Pre-season games, it's that the Broncos do not have a "quality" 2nd String QB currently on this roster.

With that being said, there is always reason for hope. We have a new Coaching Staff, including the "Quarterback Whisperer", and a new leader as QB who is a Superbowl winning QB/Superbowl MVP. And although having a 2nd Round QB who is nothing more than a 2nd Round talent may be exciting, I personally would like to see a little more from him before crowning him as a "Starter" in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Flacco with a running game could be exciting. I know Keenum with a running game wasn't. We were 4th in yards per attempt last year. Flacco hasn't had that type of efficiency since '14. Even if the running game isn't as good as it was last season, I'll be surprised if he's as bad as Keenum was.
    Keenum was horrible, that statistic doesn't mean anything to me. We were extremely inefficient last season passing the ball, and we wasted a solid running game week after week. The big difference between Keenum and Flacco is, Flacco will at least pull the trigger, he will stand in the pocket to allow things to develop, and he at least has an arm to threaten to attack all areas of the defense. Those were all areas we lacked last season, and that is why I think Flacco can potentially really improve this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    This. Even if it's Flacco.

It's no secret that the Ravens are my most disliked team. Flacco had a big part in that dislike. And to see him on my favorite team? I'm still dealing with that. But, he is a Bronco now and I so want him to be successful.
    That's pretty well sums up my sentiments on the Ravens and Flacco as well. It's like we went shopping for our favorite bread (QB) and this was all that was left on the shelves:

"Hamburger Buns (Flacco)!? Seriously?!?" But after surprise and denial, acceptance: "Okay, we got meat (Good RB's), we got lettuce and tomatoes (Munchak & the OL), cheese and pickles (E.S., Sutton and the receivers) and a variety of condiments (a D that could potentially cover for O issues) --we can deal with this, and it's all the Broncos are offering on the menu right now anyway.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

Not sure why you're bringing the bolded up. I didn't see anything where someone said you couldn't or shouldn't. Maybe I missed it. And, of course, it goes the other way, too.

Some love Flacco. Some don't. Some love Lock. Some don't. Should make for an interesting season.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    That's pretty well sums up my sentiments on the Ravens and Flacco as well. It's like we went shopping for our favorite bread (QB) and this was all that was left on the shelves:

"Hamburger Buns (Flacco)!? Seriously?!?" But after surprise and denial, acceptance: "Okay, we got meat (Good RB's), we got lettuce and tomatoes (Munchak & the OL), cheese and pickles (E.S., Sutton and the receivers) and a variety of condiments (a D that could potentially cover for O issues) --we can deal with this, and it's all the Broncos are offering on the menu right now anyway.

Now when I see Flacco, I will see buns.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Keenum was horrible, that statistic doesn't mean anything to me. We were extremely inefficient last season passing the ball, and we wasted a solid running game week after week. The big difference between Keenum and Flacco is, Flacco will at least pull the trigger, he will stand in the pocket to allow things to develop, and he at least has an arm to threaten to attack all areas of the defense. Those were all areas we lacked last season, and that is why I think Flacco can potentially really improve this team.
    4th in RYPA to clarify. I don't think the Ravens ranked in the top 15 since 2014. They were in the top 15 in 2012 also.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I agree. Shoot if they win a ring or maybe even a few playoff games I will root for them forever as long as they not playing against the Broncos
    I'm giving Flacco, the new coaches, Lock and the other rookies plenty of rope, meaning --the time necessary to get it together during which they will undoubtedly make a bunch of mistakes in their growth process here. So I'm keeping my expectations as a fan kind of low, at a reasonable level, expecting better final standings than the past two seasons but that's it. If they exceed those and make the playoffs, then that's just a bonus and good fortune! We're overdue for some of that.

And if we can just beat the stinkin' Chiefs even once, I'll be so happy!
    Last edited by L.M.; 08-12-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Who knows.....Butt may be standing next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I'm giving Flacco, the new coaches, Lock and the other rookies plenty of rope, meaning --the time necessary to get it together during which they will undoubtedly make a bunch of mistakes in their growth process here. So I'm keeping my expectations as a fan kind of low, at a reasonable level, expecting better final standings than the past two seasons but that's it. If they exceed those and make the playoffs, then that's just a bonus and good fortune! We're overdue for some of that.

And if we can just beat the stinkin' Chiefs even once, I'll be so happy!

All I want is to sweep the dang Raiders !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Who knows.....Butt may be standing next to him.
    What have I done!?