Page 235 of 239 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3571

Thread: Flacco

He may not be healthy enough. The way he phrased his comments make me think that he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Would he be worth 5 to 7 mill a year to be a backup?
    No and he wouldnít accept it.

The only thing Flacco has to offer is a veteran presence in meetings and the locker room. Physically speaking, Allen is probably the better choice for backup. Iím guessing heíll be cut. Might land on another team, might retire. I personally donít see any benefit other than his veteran presence. I donít know how much value that serves. I wonít miss Flacco if he goes.

You can't even operate the same offense with Flacco that the Broncos will with Lock, so it's a complete waste of time and money.

I hope he retires!!!!

I'm inclined to doubt if Joe Flacco, Ron Leary or Adam Gotsis will be on the Bronco roster next year. Brandon Allen is RFA and would need to be tendered.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Would he be worth 5 to 7 mill a year to be a backup?
    Not to be a 'hater' of Flacco - but the guy outside of one game proved that he couldn't run this offense. I have no confidence in him whatsoever to ever run this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Not to be a 'hater' of Flacco - but the guy outside of one game proved that he couldn't run this offense. I have no confidence in him whatsoever to ever run this offense.
    True. Allen seems much more suited as a backup in this offense than Flacco (autocorrect insists I write Fiasco instead - how ironic).

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    True. Allen seems much more suited as a backup in this offense than Flacco (autocorrect insists I write Fiasco instead - how ironic).
    It's all Italian.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Lucky we still have the 13+mil in cap space created when we restructured Flacco's contract.

Roll that cap over to 2020. Release Flacco. The extra cap covers the extra cap hit.

We free up his 20+ mil salary in 2020 from the cap space. Not sure exactly how a 20 mil salary only free up 10 mil in cap space (per Overthecap). Will admit while I understand some of the cap stuff I do not get it all.

We find another back up as imo Flacco is worthless on the team. I would not want him on the team as a extra coach much less sucking up cap space.
    Last edited by Hadez; 12-31-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

The Flacco era was short lived. Heís likely gone. Iím glad moving to the young QB is working out. I donít think I would have enjoyed watching Flacco for another year.

What are the odds Flacco claims he's still hurt starting next year? Wouldn't that guarantee his contract and totally screw us over? Does anyone understand what happens in this situation more than I do?

Joe should Just RETIRE.

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    What are the odds Flacco claims he's still hurt starting next year? Wouldn't that guarantee his contract and totally screw us over? Does anyone understand what happens in this situation more than I do?
    My thinking is if we release him he will sign with another team in effort to play.

Players of his age and position have made a lot of money....it is more about the last chance to win imo
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

What are they going to do with old man Flacco????