Page 219 of 232 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    How excited do you guys think Giants fans are right now? I bet theyíre enjoying watching their young franchise QB make strides in spite of losing. My best friend is a Giants fan. He spent the first month seething over Eliís ineptitude. Now heís texting me every time DJ throws a completion. Itís a little more fun to watch when thereís some hope for the future. Fans are more accepting of losses when youíre showcasing the future. I sure would like to have some of that here.
    Jones got wrecked by Vance Joseph's D yesterday. Still has some growing to do, but at least the Giants are moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Jones got wrecked by Vance Joseph's D yesterday. Still has some growing to do, but at least the Giants are moving forward.
    Exactly. The young gun took some lumps, but at least they have some hope for the future. I guarantee if Eli got wrecked on Sunday, my Giants fan friend would be blowing up my phone about how He canít stand Eli.

I think since they restructured Flacco's contract, that he's going to be the starter the next couple years.
    Or until Drew Lock wins the job outright , or Flacco gets hurt.
    I think Flacco plays out the remainder of his contract in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I think since they restructured Flacco's contract, that he's going to be the starter the next couple years.
    If we wait until Lock can take the job from Flacco, then we're going to be waiting a long time. A veteran quarterback like Flacco will always outshine a younger quarterback in practice.

From what I've read and heard, the restructuring of Flacco's contract isn't as big of a deal as some in the media have been portraying it to be and that the Broncos are more than willing to move on from Flacco if another quarterback emerges either in the form of Lock, or in free agency/draft.

I doubt it, but that would be one way to ruin Elway's legacy and get him fired. Way to think outside the box lol

He is supposed to make a little over 23 mill. Next year????

What a nightmare
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 10-22-2019 at 06:08 AM.

I really hope that doesnít happen. The next few weeks will be very telling.

That would be horrible. I canít take Flacco for one more week. The thought of him for a couple of more years....yikes.

I doubt it, basically to me they simply took 13 mill from his 2019 pay, and put it on the 2020 books, of that we still have over 10 mill on the cap
    so when it comes to 2020 they can cut flacco by paying him the 13 mill he restructured..( again which as of today 10.8 mill is still on the books) so in reality it would cost 2 mill to cut flacco since the 10.8 on the books was his 2019 pay

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I doubt it, basically to me they simply took 13 mill from his 2019 pay, and put it on the 2020 books, of that we still have over 10 mill on the cap
    so when it comes to 2020 they can cut flacco by paying him the 13 mill he restructured..( again which as of today 10.8 mill is still on the books) so in reality it would cost 2 mill to cut flacco since the 10.8 on the books was his 2019 pay
    I'm not following your explanation of the math. They converted 17 million of his 2019 salary into a signing bonus, which created a 13 million cap hit if hes released after this season. This is what created the 13 million of cap space for us this year. If hes not cut after this season his cap hit is 23.6 million. Wheres the 10.8 million figure you mentioned coming from?

As you stated, we basically pulled 13 million of our cap space from next year into this year. For what reason, I dont know. Trying to make it look like he was extended without really being extended? Giving him a cash windfall? A vote of confidence?

It looks like he will be cut after this year. Its going to be too expensive to keep him.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...on-in-cap-room

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    I'm not following your explanation of the math. They converted 17 million of his 2019 salary into a signing bonus, which created a 13 million cap hit if hes released after this season. This is what created the 13 million of cap space for us this year. If hes not cut after this season his cap hit is 23.6 million. Wheres the 10.8 million figure you mentioned coming from?

As you stated, we basically pulled 13 million of our cap space from next year into this year. For what reason, I dont know. Trying to make it look like he was extended without really being extended? Giving him a cash windfall? A vote of confidence?

It looks like he will be cut after this year. Its going to be too expensive to keep him.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...on-in-cap-room

simple

the broncos had basically zero cap going into the season

the Broncos agreed to trade for Flacco and the trade will be executed on March 13, 2019. The Broncos restructured the contract on September 3, 2019, creating $13.6 million in cap space by converting $17 million in salary to a signing bonus and adding two void years to the contract. The Broncos created $13.6 million in cap room and will add $3.4 million in cap room to the 2020 and 2021 contract years.

https://overthecap.com/player/joe-flacco/1383/
    because flacco cap hit in 2019 is only $4,900,000 instead of the 21.9 that we owed him...it created over 13 mill in cap space this season when we had none...if we did not restructure we would have a cap hit on flacco 21.9 mill in 2019

there is still 10.8 mill of that cap savings on the books

we can cut flacco next season 2020 which would be a hit of 13.6 mill ( of that 10.8 is still on the books from his restructure, which if we don't use it, would carry over to 2020, and would be used to pay the 13.6 mill cap hit in releasing him) we would owe 2.8 mill from the 2020 cap allowance and it saves us 10 mill in cap next year
    Last edited by arapaho; 10-23-2019 at 10:14 AM.

simple

the broncos had basically zero cap going into the season

https://overthecap.com/player/joe-flacco/1383/
    because flacco cap hit in 2019 is only $4,900,000 instead of the 21.9 that we owed him...it created over 13 mill in cap space this season when we had none...if we did not restructure we would have a cap hit on flacco 21.9 mill in 2019

there is still 10.8 mill of that cap savings on the books

we can cut flacco next season 2020 which would be a hit of 13.6 mill ( of that 10.8 is still on the books from his restructure, which if we don't use it, would carry over to 2020, and would be used to pay the 13.6 mill cap hit in releasing him) we would owe 2.8 mill from the 2020 cap allowance and it saves us 10 mill in cap next year
    Ok, I see what you were saying about the 10.8 million. Whatever cap space we have this year could be carried over to next year to mitigate Flaccos 13 million cap hit.

Although, I dont think you can count on that full amount being carried over. There's still a long way to go before the end of the league year.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Ok, I see what you were saying about the 10.8 million. Whatever cap space we have this year could be carried over to next year to mitigate Flaccos 13 million cap hit.

Although, I dont think you can count on that full amount being carried over. There's still a long way to go before the end of the league year.

As of now we have it, if we donít sign anybody else Flacco will be cut

As of now we have it, if we donít sign anybody else Flacco will be cut
    Iím not so sure about that. It sort of seems like Flacco is their guy for the foreseeable future.

The fact that Elway isn't bringing lock off IR until week 14 tells me flacco won't be going anywhere.

Elway is going to stubbornly try and build the team around flacco next year too....