Page 31 of 216 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We absolutely could. It would require restructuring both flacco and Case, but it's a possibility.
    I was thinking about that this morning. Perhaps Joe and a few others could restructure over to an incentive base like manning did.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Leary should stay, and hopefully ES isnít going anywhere. We finally have a QB who is capable of throwing the ball down field, no reason to get rid of our only WR who can get open down there.
    I think John Elway and John Lynch May come to some kind of trade agreement there.

Kyle really covers both Brown and Sanders and is set to attain one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The guy in my avatar is leaning towards returning to the CFL and won't likely be an option. 3 more years of Keenum as a backup is just fine, as long as we're not paying him $20m per year for it.
    Shucks, that is disappointing.

I agree with almost everything in this article

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Shucks, that is disappointing.
    Yea, I was excited about the possibility of him coming in and seeing what he could do, but he must not have had any teams offering what he was hoping to see.

If I were him, I'd stay where he was too. Which makes more sense? A potential hall of fame CFL career, or finishing your NFL career as a career backup. Yea he could potentially push to start somewhere, but it's a risk vs a borderline lock.

He's basically a legend in the CFL. He won't hit that status in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Well you have one right here. I think he is doing a terrible. This just may cost him his job and I wont be upset with that.
    John has made some mistakes.. Vance Joseph to name an obvious one... BUT... JE was also a big piece of the Broncos winning all three of their SB's. Just that fact alone removes the word "terrible" from his legacy with the Broncos.

I cannot see in any way where a Bronco fan would not love John or at least appreciate what he has done for the Broncos over the years. I know we are all entitled to our opinions but, this is one I just cannot understand at all.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I'm actually still hoping they draft a QB high this year. If Flacco tanks, we will have a high pick again most likely next year too. If they guy they select this year doesn't look like he gets it, then draft a QB high next year too. We've got to find a multi year franchise type of QB to fix that position. Keep drafting QB's high until we get the right one. It's one of the most critical, if not "THE" most critical positions on the field and 2nd stringers and mediocre guys are not anything to build around.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    John has made some mistakes.. Vance Joseph to name an obvious one... BUT... JE was also a big piece of the Broncos winning all three of their SB's. Just that fact alone removes the word "terrible" from his legacy with the Broncos.

I cannot see in any way where a Bronco fan would not love John or at least appreciate what he has done for the Broncos over the years. I know we are all entitled to our opinions but, this is one I just cannot understand at all.
    There can be a difference between loving and appreciate John Elway the person and what he has done for this franchise and being completely fed up with the direction he has taken this team as a GM currently.

Iíll always idolize Elway. Have since as young as I can remember football. But as the current GM of our team I have completely lost faith in him. He continues to treat the two most important aspects of an NFL team with bandaids. (Oline and QB). And quite frankly Iím sick and tired of it.

It doesnít mean Iím tired of Elway. Iím just growing extremely weary in his ability to lead this team back to moderately competitive let alone deep playoff run competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I think John Elway and John Lynch May come to some kind of trade agreement there.

Kyle really covers both Brown and Sanders and is set to attain one of them.
    Hopefully itís better than a 4th. Sanders is still a top WR.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    There can be a difference between loving and appreciate John Elway the person and what he has done for this franchise and being completely fed up with the direction he has taken this team as a GM currently.

I’ll always idolize Elway. Have since as young as I can remember football. But as the current GM of our team I have completely lost faith in him. He continues to treat the two most important aspects of an NFL team with bandaids. (Oline and QB). And quite frankly I’m sick and tired of it.

It doesn’t mean I’m tired of Elway. I’m just growing extremely weary in his ability to lead this team back to moderately competitive let alone deep playoff run competitive.
    Did you like the Munchak hire? Because that is the single best thing a GM can do to help a struggling O-Line --steal the best OL coach in the NFL away from the Steelers.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Well you have one right here. I think he is doing a terrible. This just may cost him his job and I wont be upset with that.
    Flacco May work out, who knows. What really could have cost Elway his job is drafting a tiny QB @ 5í8 180 lbs. Not only is that small for a QB, but heís slight under the average size for an adult male. Not happy with Flacco, but it could be worse if we had Murray.

Having Flacco can help us get a QB in this year's draft on the cheap. Now that we have Flacco, every team behind us that also wants a QB will be thinking that we are set at the QB position at least for 2019, so they won't be thinking that they have to move ahead of the Broncos in the draft and that will keep the Broncos from thinking they have to go all in to get the QB they want to move up to a top 3 draft positions. They can relax a little and see if their QB makes it past the top 4, then the Broncos can easily jump up only paying the draft capital for those 4 positions vs 8. Elway may not do this, but it would be likely if someone like Murray makes it pas the first 4 draft picks.
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Having Flacco can help us get a QB in this year's draft on the cheap. Now that we have Flacco, every team behind us that also wants a QB will be thinking that we are set at the QB position at least for 2019, so they won't be thinking that they have to move ahead of the Broncos in the draft and that will keep the Broncos from thinking they have to go all in to get the QB they want to move up to a top 3 draft positions. They can relax a little and see if their QB makes it past the top 4, then the Broncos can easily jump up only paying the draft capital for those 4 positions vs 8. Elway may not do this, but it would be likely if someone like Murray makes it pas the first 4 draft picks.
    Murray is the guy they are least likely to jump up for.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Did you like the Munchak hire? Because that is the single best thing a GM can do to help a struggling O-Line --steal the best OL coach in the NFL away from the Steelers.
    I do but time will tell if he can make lemonade out of lemons.

What a surprise, people are moaning again. Some people need a dose of realism. What are Elway's options -

Keenum isn't good enough to go anywhere, he is a career journeyman and an NFL back-up who had 1 pretty decent year with a ton of help, he needed replacing and hopefully we can trade him. So we clearly needed a new QB...... but so do most teams and they are hard to find.

Foles could be an option but it is always risky signing someone after a few good games as a back-up, we have seen it fail multiple times. I'm not really sold of Foles and he would cost at least a round one pick and get a hefty contract. IMO that is not worth it.

The other option is the draft, which I think is still in play, but its very very hard to hit on a QB and we don't pick until 10 so who knows who will be there or if we're able to jump above QB needy teams like the Giants, Jags, etc.............

We could have just stayed with Keenum but I applaud Elway and the FO for being proactive, Flacco is an experienced QB with a good arm and a cool head, he has been a great leader and led numerous game winning drives. He only costs a 4th rounder and is on a very team friendly contract.

Will Flacco work out ? Who knows, but I applaud the Broncos for making a move and IMO Flacco is a big upgrade over Keenum, whatever 'stats' might say.