Page 68 of 219 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3272

Thread: Flacco

I think we go BPA at #10, probably on Defense. And we pick up a QB in the later rounds. We have a QB now for 3 or 4 years with Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I've watched many of Josh Allens games this year being as I live near Buffalo. He has progressed all season long and looks to be a legit NFL QB. Look or read a little more about his performance this year. You'll see. Yes, he ran often, but was successful at it. He led his team like you want a QB to do...his team mates have been won over. You could see the growth in his decision making as the year progressed. I for one feel we all would have been completely satisfied if he was on our team last year. He brings excitement and hope. Isn't that what we want ? Now, Buffalo needs to get an OL in the first and a WR in the second and couple that with a TE in the third and they'll be competitive in the East. Their defense has always been stout. On to Denver, seeing as this is what we're hear to talk about. If Lock is there at 10....as much as I want a Defensive guy, or OL......I would be completely happy if Denver chooses to make Lock the pick there @ 10. I feel Lock would bring to us everything I just described above. Elway has talked negatively about changing offensive philosophies and coaching every year and said that has been wrong. He wants to choose one style and let that grow for continuity. I think he's now got the coaching staff for that, why not bring in Lock. He can even sit for the first year. The more I write, the more I'm intrigued with this process. { just hope we don't trade up for Lock, and just hope Vic F. can handle being the head coach during in game situations are needed , unlike Vance Joseph. }
    If Denver stays at #10, there might be a couple of QBs off the board then, but I doubt more than that. I think there's a good chance Lock and Jones will still be available. It will be interesting to see what happens. There should be a couple of top Corners and top ILB and OT available then as well. I hope Denver scouts all the QBs who are projected to be drafted. They might even trade back depending on their evaluation of the whole draft pool.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I agree with a lot of your takes, I appreciate the time you put in and insight.....but.....Jones's footwork is the best of all the QBs in this class. Might be the reason why some look at him as a 1st round prospect. If you dont have to polish one of the most important areas of a QB that's one less step in the offseason. His arm strength to me isn't even a concern.

How many times do you see drew brees or tom Brady throw the ball 60 yards down the field? It's the absolute most overrated strength of a QB. Where he needs work is pocket presence and decision making.

Can that be fixed? With the right coach I believe it can but I would say that about any QB in any draft. Getting drafted into the right coaching tree is so important for development
    I agree, as I said, I believe he is being talked about as a top prospect solely due to his "size and footwork", it is most definitely his strongest attribute. I also don't think arm strength is a huge factor, but at the same time, it is a desired trait you would prefer to have than not. I think Jones can be a good pro, I am not saying otherwise, I just don't think he is the quarterback you want to draft and start from day 1, he isn't ready. I also don't believe he is a quarterback who has earned the right to be drafted as highly as some think based on a pretty much a full season of mediocre tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I think we go BPA at #10, probably on Defense. And we pick up a QB in the later rounds. We have a QB now for 3 or 4 years with Flacco.
    3 -4, years wishful thinking. He is one and done. That one is not guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I agree with a lot of your takes, I appreciate the time you put in and insight.....but.....Jones's footwork is the best of all the QBs in this class. Might be the reason why some look at him as a 1st round prospect. If you dont have to polish one of the most important areas of a QB that's one less step in the offseason. His arm strength to me isn't even a concern.

How many times do you see drew brees or tom Brady throw the ball 60 yards down the field? It's the absolute most overrated strength of a QB. Where he needs work is pocket presence and decision making.

Can that be fixed? With the right coach I believe it can but I would say that about any QB in any draft. Getting drafted into the right coaching tree is so important for development
    Arm strength for down the field throws is overrated but having the arm strength to fit the ball in a tight window is huge. Having the arm strength to complete an out from the hash is huge. It’ll be interesting to see how he does trying to fit the ball in the seam against a cover 3 defense where the ball has to get there before the S can get over to make a play. Keenum couldn’t do that last season, Keenum couldn’t even test the soft spots of a cover 2 because of his arm strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    3 -4, years wishful thinking. He is one and done. That one is not guaranteed.
    Yup , closer to 1 and done ....maybe less

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I am all for BPA and think that should always be our 1st and 2nd round picks.

Only exception would be after all the home work is done, all the scouts have done their thing....if at that time there is a consensus that a great qb is there to be drafted....imo we do not wait to 10 to draft him and do whatever we need to in order to move up to draft him.

It is how Mahomes, Wentz and Goff were acquired.

I do not know what the Broncos think....I just hope desperation does not come into the picture.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Yup , closer to 1 and done ....maybe less
    IMO....if we do not add at least one really really OL player to the roster before week 1 we will be in the lead leaders with Flacco in sacks allowed.

If we do not add serious talent to the OL I hope we just release Flacco because he will have a worse year in 2019 than Case did in 2018
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

I really can't tell if Flacco changes the draft plan. Even before Flacco, I don't think a rookie drafted at 10 was going to play this year unless we were terrible. I'm hoping we go BPA at #10, but something tells me we trade back to get more picks.

Unfortunatley, hearing how much Elway was in love with Lock at the Senior Bowl, I don't trust it. I'm hoping we don't take him even if he's there at #10.

As more information is available this flacco deal may have been a reaction by Elway. Now it seems Rosen is being shopped by Arizona, and his time last year behind center had more issues than the broncos had, OC fired, OL was inferior to denvers, Coaching staff was in shambles. Odds were against him succeeding.

DISHONORABLE MENTION: Denver Broncos. Why were the Broncos in such a hurry to acquire Joe Flacco? The rest of the NFL is playing on an Xbox One, and John Elway picked up an old Nintendo at a garage sale, unsure if it'll work. (And I'm talkin' old-school NES from the 1990s -- not the Switch, nerds.) Rosen seems like the perfect quarterback for Elway. So while I wouldn't completely rule the Broncos out, I'm leaving them off the official list.

Was this the case, are they considering another trade ? Or will they sit idly by while a team like the Patriots go after him ? If not them another QB needy team.

I'm convinced he would be a asset on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    As more information is available this flacco deal may have been a reaction by Elway. Now it seems Rosen is being shopped by Arizona, and his time last year behind center had more issues than the broncos had, OC fired, OL was inferior to denvers, Coaching staff was in shambles. Odds were against him succeeding.

DISHONORABLE MENTION: Denver Broncos. Why were the Broncos in such a hurry to acquire Joe Flacco? The rest of the NFL is playing on an Xbox One, and John Elway picked up an old Nintendo at a garage sale, unsure if it'll work. (And I'm talkin' old-school NES from the 1990s -- not the Switch, nerds.) Rosen seems like the perfect quarterback for Elway. So while I wouldn't completely rule the Broncos out, I'm leaving them off the official list.

Was this the case, are they considering another trade ? Or will they sit idly by while a team like the Patriots go after him ? If not them another QB needy team.

I'm convinced he would be a asset on this team.
    Hard to take any quote seriously that goes straight to disrespect...
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    And yet the Ravens traded with us.... my concern is what do they know that we don't????
    I think they wanted to go in a different direction. Flacco hasn't exactly been killing it.

OL just got even thinner. Extension talks with Billy Turner broke down, expected to be a FA. Expect to sign a G or draft one this year to replace him.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...ension-broncos
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Disappointing. Turner done a great job last season once he cracked the line up. I liked him as a potential starter, and at least a solid backup who could play 4 of the 5 offensive line spots, disappointed Elway didn't pay him considering the money he has wasted on terrible players like Donald Stephenson, and Menelik Watson recently. Who knows, maybe Billy Turner doesn't get what he wants on the open market and comes back to Denver to accept their offer eventually, I hope so anyway, he was just coming into his own.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Disappointing. Turner done a great job last season once he cracked the line up. I liked him as a potential starter, and at least a solid backup who could play 4 of the 5 offensive line spots, disappointed Elway didn't pay him considering the money he has wasted on terrible players like Donald Stephenson, and Menelik Watson recently. Who knows, maybe Billy Turner doesn't get what he wants on the open market and comes back to Denver to accept their offer eventually, I hope so anyway, he was just coming into his own.
    Turner knows he doesn't have to take a hometown discount when it's probably hard to find an OLineman who can play OG and OT both adequately. I'm sure he was asking for starting pay, quite possibly within the 10 million range.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!