Page 116 of 219 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3280

Thread: Flacco

  1. #1726
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,337
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Flacco could throw for 400 yards , 3 tds
    And a couple people would still say he sucks

    It obvious some posters hate Flacco and nothing will change that Debbie downer syndrome
    No, he couldn't, because he never has before. The closest he's been to 400 yards was 389 in 2011, when he was 26. Safe to say, the obvious and clear decline in accuracy, arm strength, mobility, and health will prevent that going forward at age 34. Furthermore, he's had almost twice as many 3- turnover games as he has 3-TD games.

    That's not who he is, he is a bad QB and there's nothing wrong with pointing out that fact. People were hesitant to criticize Keenum until the final quarter of the season, with many still insisting we just needed to buuld around him early in the offseason. I get it, people dont like to be realistic about their QBs, but yeah. Flacco is bad, lets all hope the team becomes capable of carrying him. He is a Keenum-level game manager, on his best days like Monday. That's where we're at.

  2. #1727
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,239
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Papa, is that you?
    Me too. Lol
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

  3. #1728
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Keenum can throw a football, but not as good as Flacco. Joe has a rocket arm, perfect spiral, and he can really sling it.
    (I think That's why Elway is enamored with him?)
    I know you like to play the eternal optimist game around here but when you say stuff like this Iím not really sure you are watching the same Flacco as the rest of us. I donít think anyone refers to Flacco as having a rocket arm. Sure itís stronger than Keenums but not a rocket. Also disagree he throws a perfect spiral. No one ever does that on a regular basis.

    Fact is statistically speaking Flacco has been below Keenum for several years in performance. People tried to sell us all offseason that he had a worse supporting cast in Baltimore. Well he was outperformed by Keenum this week. Are we now saying Washington has a better supporting cast than we do? When do the excuses stop?

  4. #1729
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I know you like to play the eternal optimist game around here but when you say stuff like this I’m not really sure you are watching the same Flacco as the rest of us. I don’t think anyone refers to Flacco as having a rocket arm. Sure it’s stronger than Keenums but not a rocket. Also disagree he throws a perfect spiral. No one ever does that on a regular basis.

    Fact is statistically speaking Flacco has been below Keenum for several years in performance. People tried to sell us all offseason that he had a worse supporting cast in Baltimore. Well he was outperformed by Keenum this week. Are we now saying Washington has a better supporting cast than we do? When do the excuses stop?
    His arm has really declined since early on his career he is still living off that reputation but if you watched him play the last couple of years so many of his deep passes were underthrown. He also shows no awareness he'll force the ball downfield into triple coverage which is why he has such a high int rate on deep throws.

    https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/s...10927361941504

    Years ago it actually worked to the Ravens advantage because what used to happen was often the WR would try to go back for the football run into the defender and draw PI but DB's, coaches and refs have wised up and aren't calling that incidental contact as much anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!
    Nope

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    I think the plan for the season was this all along: trot Flacco out there to see if you have a chance to make the playoffs with this defense. If you're out of it later in the season, put the rookie in to see what you've got. That is how it will play out.
    That sort of makes sense and I don't really see the difference between Tannehill, Keenum, and Flacco they are all just placeholders until your young QB gets ready. The issue is if this is how the Broncos also feel why did they sign him to an extension when they didn't need to? They could have walked away after this year or gave him another 1 year deal. Instead they essentially gave him a legit two year extension.

    If you look at the dead cap figures he figures to be around for at least another year.
    Last edited by FlaccoTruther; 09-11-2019 at 09:22 AM.

  5. #1730
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,359
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    I think the plan for the season was this all along: trot Flacco out there to see if you have a chance to make the playoffs with this defense. If you're out of it later in the season, put the rookie in to see what you've got. That is how it will play out.
    I doubt that, after they reworked his contract weíre pretty much stuck with him the next couple years. If heís healthy and doesnít totally stink, donít be surprised if he takes every snap this year.

  6. #1731
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I know you like to play the eternal optimist game around here but when you say stuff like this I’m not really sure you are watching the same Flacco as the rest of us. I don’t think anyone refers to Flacco as having a rocket arm. Sure it’s stronger than Keenums but not a rocket. Also disagree he throws a perfect spiral. No one ever does that on a regular basis.

    Fact is statistically speaking Flacco has been below Keenum for several years in performance. People tried to sell us all offseason that he had a worse supporting cast in Baltimore. Well he was outperformed by Keenum this week. Are we now saying Washington has a better supporting cast than we do? When do the excuses stop?
    Both Pat Shurmur (as Minn OC in 2017) and Jay Gruden (& Co) run offenses better suited to Keenum's strengths and weaknesses and both are >> than Bill Musgrave last year. That's not making excuses. I'm neutral and on the fence about Flacco, watching and waiting to see what he does here. He wasn't terrible Monday, and he isn't the reason we lost.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  7. #1732
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    105.3 was good for 17th in the league. Not good, not bad.

    He played poorly for 3 quarters and then when Conley went down he was able to attack their rookie replacement. Combine that with the obvious shift to playing soft zone while they were up 24-9 in the 4th and it is no surprise that his stats benefitted from garbage time.

    In fact, PFF documented the clear transition from his first 3 quarters to the 4th: 48.3 in quarters 1-3 and then up to 87.7 in the 4th. It is too bad he played so poorly early on, otherwise we wouldn't be down 15 in the 4th and we likely win last night.

    He looked solidly like a bottom 10 QB for most of last night. The worst thing is, that is likely one of the easier defenses we will face this year. Case Keenum could lose close games, over half of the games we lost last year were closer than last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The bold statement is inaccurate. Two easy examples disprove your statement: On the second series of the game Flacco led a drive to the Raiders 38. Sack set the drive back. On the third series he led a drive to the Raiders 36. Penalty set this drive back (I think this was holding on Leary). Those were not in the 4th quarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    No, he couldn't, because he never has before. The closest he's been to 400 yards was 389 in 2011, when he was 26. Safe to say, the obvious and clear decline in accuracy, arm strength, mobility, and health will prevent that going forward at age 34. Furthermore, he's had almost twice as many 3- turnover games as he has 3-TD games.

    That's not who he is, he is a bad QB and there's nothing wrong with pointing out that fact. People were hesitant to criticize Keenum until the final quarter of the season, with many still insisting we just needed to buuld around him early in the offseason. I get it, people dont like to be realistic about their QBs, but yeah. Flacco is bad, lets all hope the team becomes capable of carrying him. He is a Keenum-level game manager, on his best days like Monday. That's where we're at.
    Iíve noticed a pattern with the way you selectively respond to posts. When broad claims such as the one in bold are challenged with evidence proving otherwise, you avoid answering. When thereís a post you can dispute with a simple stat youíre quick to reply.

  8. #1733
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I’ve noticed a pattern with the way you selectively respond to posts. When broad claims such as the one in bold are challenged with evidence proving otherwise, you avoid answering. When there’s a post you can dispute with a simple stat you’re quick to reply.
    Maybe FlaccoTruther will reply.

  9. #1734
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    501
    Flacco was perfectly cromulent game one, opening on the road. Looked like he missed an open receiver one time trying to get it deep to a double covered Sanders. Fumbled twice but he's not known as fumble prone.

    Had some nice throws. That idiot Freeman actually dodged around the DE beating the RT inside instead of hitting him, that killed a drive. Hamilton endzone drop on a nice throw.

    Not bad, IMO.

  10. #1735
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,209
    I'm not a Flacco fan in the slightest, but the O line and defense, namely Yiadom, were by far larger liabilities. Davis needs to get healthy or get off this team. Same with Callahan. Show up or sit on IR for the rest of the year.

  11. #1736
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Maybe FlaccoTruther will reply.
    Truth be told, it could happen. Lol

    ďTruth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.Ē Mark Twain

  12. #1737
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Truth be told, it could happen. Lol

    “Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.” Mark Twain
    Well said. Me thinks there's shady doings going on with the accounts around here, but, whatever.

    Objective analysis - the good and the bad, is paramount to understanding the strengths and weaknesses of our team. Heavy bias one way or the other, just dilutes the discussion with nonsense.

  13. #1738
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Well said. Me thinks there's shady doings going on with the accounts around here, but, whatever.

    Objective analysis - the good and the bad, is paramount to understanding the strengths and weaknesses of our team. Heavy bias one way or the other, just dilutes the discussion with nonsense.
    That nails it, 100%.

  14. #1739
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I know you like to play the eternal optimist game around here but when you say stuff like this Iím not really sure you are watching the same Flacco as the rest of us. I donít think anyone refers to Flacco as having a rocket arm. Sure itís stronger than Keenums but not a rocket. Also disagree he throws a perfect spiral. No one ever does that on a regular basis.

    Fact is statistically speaking Flacco has been below Keenum for several years in performance. People tried to sell us all offseason that he had a worse supporting cast in Baltimore. Well he was outperformed by Keenum this week. Are we now saying Washington has a better supporting cast than we do? When do the excuses stop?
    I saw Flacco throw a couple balls the other night that were pretty sweet.

    He kinda looked like a real NFL quarterback to me, unlike other quarterbacks we have had and even some good quarterbacks that threw ducks.
    (And wobbly spirals )

    I have always liked Flaccos throws.
    I don't really like the guy, And I am knot real happy he is our QB, but he is a Denver Bronco so I am rooting for him all the way !!!!
    I hope he does well, and the Denver Broncos are successful, and we win some football games with him.


  15. #1740
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    15,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Well said. Me thinks there's shady doings going on with the accounts around here, but, whatever.

    Objective analysis - the good and the bad, is paramount to understanding the strengths and weaknesses of our team. Heavy bias one way or the other, just dilutes the discussion with nonsense.
    Trust me, we check.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •