Page 133 of 210 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3146

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Ok my bad. Sometimes when constantly engaged with other posters and only briefly reading discussions other posters are having back and forth itís easy to forget where the poster came into the thread with their argument.

I shouldíve said those blaming the defense keep pushing an agenda rather than you specifically.
    No problem. Like I said, you made a good point. I was just frustrated with that play and was so mad about it.

That’s my point. That’s how far Flacco is from an NFL elite QB.

The only defense I’ll give him on that is the rest of our offensive talent can’t sniff the Chiefs either. And we all know who to blame for that.
    I don't think anyone is saying Flacco is elite. There are what, 5 actual elite quarterbacks in the NFL right now?

Roethlisberger
    Brees
    Rogers
    Wilson
    Brady

Mahomes is very, very close (if he's not there already).

I think what fans are saying is that Flacco is very good, very efficient, and has played well for us so far this season. I think fans are being ridiculous if they expected him to come in and throw for 300 yards a half or judge him against that statistic. Like I said, there's only a fraction of people alive who can do that and no one believed Flacco was capable of that (heck, even some of the guys I listed aren't capable of that).

I'm not getting on the bandwagon of chasing another capable quarterback out of town. We did that with Plummer, we did that with Manning after the Super Bowl win. I'm not doing that with Flacco. He's playing at a really good level right now and if other pieces around him were helping him out, we'd be 2-0 right now instead of 0-2.
    Last edited by mojo0730; 09-17-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying Flacco is elite. There are what, 5 actual elite quarterbacks in the NFL right now?

Roethlisberger
    Brees
    Rogers
    Wilson
    Brady

I think what fans are saying is that Flacco is very good, very efficient, and has played well for us so far this season. I think fans are being ridiculous if they expected him to come in and throw for 300 yards a half or judge him against that statistic. Like I said, there's only a fraction of people alive who can do that and no one believed Flacco was capable of that (heck, even some of the guys I listed aren't capable of that).

I'm not getting on the bandwagon of chasing another capable quarterback out of town. We did that with Plummer, we did that with Manning after the Super Bowl win. I'm not doing that with Flacco. He's playing at a really good level right now and if other pieces around him were helping him out, we'd be 2-0 right now instead of 0-2.
    But that qb everyone keeps claiming he is such an upgrade over is performing at a higher level in Washington so far. Sure heís 0-2 but thatís cuz his defense is allowing 30 points per game.

Everyone keeps claiming Flacco is doing ok. But weíve scored 15 points per game with him. And are averaging what 3 points each game for the first three quarters?

Just because he isnít turning the ball over doesnít mean he is doing anything great either.

But that qb everyone keeps claiming he is such an upgrade over is performing at a higher level in Washington so far. Sure he’s 0-2 but that’s cuz his defense is allowing 30 points per game.

Everyone keeps claiming Flacco is doing ok. But we’ve scored 15 points per game with him. And are averaging what 3 points each game for the first three quarters?

Just because he isn’t turning the ball over doesn’t mean he is doing anything great either.
    Flacco is an immedate upgrade over Keenum. Fans get too locked up in statistics, mostly because of Madden and Fantasy Football. Orton once upon a time was on pace for nearly 5,000 yards, should we bring him back? Manning was 2-3 and throwing picks left and right in his first 5 games, should we have dumped him?

Flacco is doing very, very well. He's not Patrick Mahomes, but he's good. Like I said, I'm not getting on the bandwagon of chasing another good quarterback out of town. I've been a fan for nearly 30 years and I've seen this play out time and time again.

I think collectively, we are all disappointed, the fans the coaches, and the players. I think this is just what we need to get some fire going and win some games!!!!!

Flacco is a serviceable starter. Heís not great, but he doesnít totally suck. Personally, I like his game more than Keenum, but only marginally so. Flacco is ok, but not special.

I can see why people are clamoring for a great QB because a great QB can make for exciting football and can bring wins.

The problem is the team in pretty mediocre across the board. Flacco isnít an all time great, so itís unrealistic to think he can raise this team to greatness. The oline is bad, our TEs are not great, our WRs (outside of Sanders) are so-so. Defense is not great.

This is a bad team with no depth. Thatís the problem. Itís not all on Flacco to make this team a winner. Heís a middle of the pack QB on a bad team.

Flacco is an immedate upgrade over Keenum.
    Untrue. Keenum is absolutely the better player at this point.

Fans get too locked up in statistics, mostly because of Madden and Fantasy Football. Orton once upon a time was on pace for nearly 5,000 yards, should we bring him back? Manning was 2-3 and throwing picks left and right in his first 5 games, should we have dumped him?
    What are you talking about? In his first 5 games with us, yes we were 2-3, but Manning had 11 TDs to 3 INTs. He was top 5 in the league in yards, TDs, and passer rating. He had the 9th best completion %, 10th best YPA, and among QBs who started 5 games he had the 7th fewest interceptions. Picks left and right. Give me a break. You're trying to draw false equivalency here; Manning was doing very, very well. Flacco is doing poorly. We were losing in 2012 because our D was giving up 23 points per game. The following 11 games they averaged 16 points per game against. And we went 10-1.

Flacco is doing very, very well. He's not Patrick Mahomes, but he's good. Like I said, I'm not getting on the bandwagon of chasing another good quarterback out of town. I've been a fan for nearly 30 years and I've seen this play out time and time again.
    Flacco is bad. Well below average. A bottom 10 starter. That is not good and it will continue to hold us back. Thankfully he is not going to be starting here for long.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Flacco is a serviceable starter. Heís not great, but he doesnít totally suck. Personally, I like his game more than Keenum, but only marginally so. Flacco is ok, but not special.

I can see why people are clamoring for a great QB because a great QB can make for exciting football and can bring wins.

The problem is the team in pretty mediocre across the board. Flacco isnít an all time great, so itís unrealistic to think he can raise this team to greatness. The oline is bad, our TEs are not great, our WRs (outside of Sanders) are so-so. Defense is not great.

This is a bad team with no depth. Thatís the problem. Itís not all on Flacco to make this team a winner. Heís a middle of the pack QB on a bad team.
    I agree with most of that. However Flacco is a bad QB on a bad team.

I think we actually have a pretty good team with a pretty good QB !!!!!
    Case Keenum
    (Casey Keesum)
    was one of the worst QB's the Denver Broncos ever had.

(Let's go Broncos!!!!)

Roethlisberger
    Brees
    Rogers
    Wilson
    Brady

I don't know what board you are a member of but no Broncos fan on THIS BOARD has said that. Not even the flacco fans
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I agree with most of that. However Flacco is a bad QB on a bad team.
    Ya, I donít have much love for Flacco - more like indifference. Doesnít much matter since this is a bad team all around.

What are you talking about? In his first 5 games with us, yes we were 2-3, but Manning had 11 TDs to 3 INTs. He was top 5 in the league in yards, TDs, and passer rating. He had the 9th best completion %, 10th best YPA, and among QBs who started 5 games he had the 7th fewest interceptions. Picks left and right. Give me a break. You're trying to draw false equivalency here; Manning was doing very, very well. Flacco is doing poorly. We were losing in 2012 because our D was giving up 23 points per game. The following 11 games they averaged 16 points per game against. And we went 10-1.

Flacco is bad. Well below average. A bottom 10 starter. That is not good and it will continue to hold us back. Thankfully he is not going to be starting here for long.
    Again one of these fantasy football based smear posts on Flacco, and a dishonest representation of the time that Mojo referred to!

Peyton's start in Denver - aside from a stellar Steelers game - was really bad. 3 interceptions against the Falcons and 50% completion rate against Houston for an elite passing QB being massively outperformed by Matt Shaub, an easy win over a lousy Raiders team, an absolute humiliation against the Patriots with some garbage time stats and down 24 to nothing at halftime the following week.

By game 6 of the 2012 season most were convinced that Elway had destroyed the future of the Broncos by trading Tebow, and then from halftime in game 6 Manning was close to perfect. The offense was playing like crap initially, turning the ball over 13 times in the first 6 games.

You are clearly the president of the Flacco hate group, and love picking out a single argument to support the hate.

The facts on our offense are that we are:
    #9 in 1st downs
    #4 in completions
    #1 in turnovers (with 76 other teams)
    #7 in plays
    #5 on passing 1st downs
    #15 in passing yards
    #18 (shared) in passing TDs
    #21 on rushing 1st downs
    #20 in rushing yards
    shared last in rushing TDs

I know that the hate on Flacco fills some of you with joy, but our rushing is bottom feeder, our passing moves the chains, our penalties hold us back and so does dropped passes and WRs playing tumble weeds.

Untrue. Keenum is absolutely the better player at this point.

Well, then you can keep clamoring for that next "special" quarterback. We've only had two in our franchise's 60-year-history, so good luck with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I don't know what board you are a member of but no Broncos fan on THIS BOARD has said that. Not even the flacco fans
    Well, then I'm saying it. We've only had two - TWO - hall of fame quarterbacks in our franchise's history (60 years, BTW) and one of them established themselves as a HoF quarterback on another team.

Again, you all can wait forever and a day for the next big thing. I've been through this with Maddox, Griese, Cutler, Tebow, Osweiler, and Lynch. Broncos fans just can't be happy with a good, solid quarterback.

Roethlisberger
    Brees
    Rogers
    Wilson
    Brady

Great post - it is so tiring to hear the Fantasy football/Madden crowd that don't put things into perspectives.
    Same crowd that loved Cutler because he played great every other game.

We have a team that does not make a difference on defense, though many stats are ok, a running game that really is not producing and a QB/passing game that is competent where critical drops and penalties have bounced the wrong way, as it often did last year with Keenum as well. Holding on to a lead with 31 seconds left against the Bears offense should have been possible.