Page 113 of 218 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3268

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Most likely a very accurate assessment. But we need to replace Bolles. And maybe a franchise QB.....
    Yeah this team has a lot of holes. LT, QB, C, TE (maybe, depends on Fant), ILB, D-linemen after this season.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Yeah this team has a lot of holes. LT, QB, C, TE (maybe, depends on Fant), ILB, D-linemen after this season.
    There are also needs in concession and parking.

I was skeptical of Flacco. Heís played about as well as possible tonight. Canít blame him for Hamilton dropping a TD. Canít blame him for the penalties and poor protection. Flacco and Sutton were bright spots tonight. Hopefully the rest of the team can improve. Flacco is the least of our worries.

Anyone blaming this loss of Flacco isn't watching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I was skeptical of Flacco. He’s played about as well as possible tonight. Can’t blame him for Hamilton dropping a TD. Can’t blame him for the penalties and poor protection. Flacco and Sutton were bright spots tonight. Hopefully the rest of the team can improve. Flacco is the least of our worries.
    I will say he played better than I thought and overall I'm pleased.

But, some of his decision making was very questionable down the stretch. We needed a huge first in the red zone and only needed 2 yds. He had a huge hole to run through and get it, but instead he holds the ball for beyond ever and takes a sack for a loss. Then with time running down and needing 2 scores he keeps the ball and tries to run straight through the middle of their line and wasted a play and time when we needed it most. Also he wasted a time out early which we sure could of used later. His decision making for a vet is very questionable. I hope it improves.

I do have hope though. It is only 1 game one and I already think our O looked better than it did at any time last year. I am hoping they keep improving week to week,. Very early in the season yet.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Anyone blaming this loss of Flacco isn't watching the game.
    Flacco didn't win us the game but neither did he lose it. Had ups and downs. The defense was horrible. Offensive playcalling was just silly at times. STs felt left out and decided to contribute as well. Clock management didn't kill is but showed it's demons are alive and well.

Looked just like Keenum, Siemien, ect out there tonight. Some garbage time stats don't change that. He's clearly uncomfortable when not checking it down and his inability to lead the offense in the red zone will doom us.

A solid bottom 10 QB he remains. Anyone who thinks his outing was good tonight clearly didn't watch many other QBs play this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Looked just like Keenum, Siemien, ect out there tonight. Some garbage time stats don't change that. He's clearly uncomfortable when not checking it down and his inability to lead the offense in the red zone will doom us.

A solid bottom 10 QB he remains. Anyone who thinks his outing was good tonight clearly didn't watch many other QBs play this week.
    Totally agree. Having just watched the Saints / Texans prior to this its woefully apparent just how ill equipped we are to compete with the best of the best. Especially if we can't get after a statue like Carr.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

This is laughable. Looked uncomfortable in the redzone? Play calling was terrible. I would be too if my OC call for that trash formation setup. How was that throw to Hamilton looking uncomfortable. Or getting penalties that kill drives for us. Sometime we also got to give the D credit. They played well jamming our receivers.

I thought Flacco played well for such a rough beginning for our offense. Oline is still shaky at times and clearly our offense revolves around the RB for Flacco. Which was nonexistent in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I will say he played better than I thought and overall I'm pleased.

But, some of his decision making was very questionable down the stretch. We needed a huge first in the red zone and only needed 2 yds. He had a huge hole to run through and get it, but instead he holds the ball for beyond ever and takes a sack for a loss. Then with time running down and needing 2 scores he keeps the ball and tries to run straight through the middle of their line and wasted a play and time when we needed it most. Also he wasted a time out early which we sure could of used later. His decision making for a vet is very questionable. I hope it improves.

I do have hope though. It is only 1 game one and I already think our O looked better than it did at any time last year. I am hoping they keep improving week to week,. Very early in the season yet.
    I agree he certainly had a few opportunities to play better - examples you listed. Overall he wasnít the reason we lost.

We canít overreact with one game. It will be important to turn things around next week.

Gruden really had his team prepared - not easy considering the fiasco with AB.

Flacco's QB rating was 105.3, and would have been over 118 if Hamilton catches the TD. That's not typically considered a bad performance.

I'm not going to overreact to this game. New QB, new coach, first game of the season. I'm going to watch a few more games before I form an opinion that I stand behind.

Flacco was what I expected, he was solid. I still believe his willingness to stand in the pocket, to throw with anticipation, and his ability to keep us competitive was all on display against the Raiders. Obviously Joe isn't a top 10 quarterback, but I think he will be able to keep us in games, he is definitely an upgrade to what we have had in recent times. I am hoping to see the offense try to spread teams out a little more in the coming weeks though, the tight formations kept things to congested in my opinion and allowed the Raiders to smother us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorman82 View Post
    Flacco's QB rating was 105.3, and would have been over 118 if Hamilton catches the TD. That's not typically considered a bad performance.

I'm not going to overreact to this game. New QB, new coach, first game of the season. I'm going to watch a few more games before I form an opinion that I stand behind.
    105.3 was good for 17th in the league. Not good, not bad.

He played poorly for 3 quarters and then when Conley went down he was able to attack their rookie replacement. Combine that with the obvious shift to playing soft zone while they were up 24-9 in the 4th and it is no surprise that his stats benefitted from garbage time.

In fact, PFF documented the clear transition from his first 3 quarters to the 4th: 48.3 in quarters 1-3 and then up to 87.7 in the 4th. It is too bad he played so poorly early on, otherwise we wouldn't be down 15 in the 4th and we likely win last night.

He looked solidly like a bottom 10 QB for most of last night. The worst thing is, that is likely one of the easier defenses we will face this year. Case Keenum could lose close games, over half of the games we lost last year were closer than last night.

Hopefully Flacco can grow from this last performance. Since they restructured his contract, he now has dead money if they cut him next year, weíre now stuck with at least a couple years.

105.3 was good for 17th in the league. Not good, not bad.

He played poorly for 3 quarters and then when Conley went down he was able to attack their rookie replacement. Combine that with the obvious shift to playing soft zone while they were up 24-9 in the 4th and it is no surprise that his stats benefitted from garbage time.

In fact, PFF documented the clear transition from his first 3 quarters to the 4th: 48.3 in quarters 1-3 and then up to 87.7 in the 4th. It is too bad he played so poorly early on, otherwise we wouldn't be down 15 in the 4th and we likely win last night.

He looked solidly like a bottom 10 QB for most of last night. The worst thing is, that is likely one of the easier defenses we will face this year. Case Keenum could lose close games, over half of the games we lost last year were closer than last night.
    If 105.3 is 17th, that means at least 17 quarterbacks played good football.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!