Page 115 of 216 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3239

Thread: Flacco

  1. #1711
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,902
    If we cant beat the raiders we wont he very good this year. If were not very good this year well have a high draft pick. If we have a high draft pick well have to look at quarterbacks in the draft. If we have to look at quarterbacks in the draft we should know if we need one. Well know if we need one by putting lock in later this year. Flacco is not the answer.

  2. #1712
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,173
    The Raiders may be good this year? 2nd year under Gruden.

  3. #1713
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,910
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    If we cant beat the raiders we wont he very good this year. If were not very good this year well have a high draft pick. If we have a high draft pick well have to look at quarterbacks in the draft. If we have to look at quarterbacks in the draft we should know if we need one. Well know if we need one by putting lock in later this year. Flacco is not the answer.
    Teams change every season. Just because the Raiders have been bad doesnít mean they were a bad team going into Monday night.

  4. #1714
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Flacco could throw for 400 yards , 3 tds
    And a couple people would still say he sucks

    It obvious some posters hate Flacco and nothing will change that Debbie downer syndrome
    But he didn't. He had 137 yards passing going into the 4th quarter.

    Here is how Joe Flacco's passer rating compares to the rest of the league the last four years
    2018: Flacco 84.2, NFL average 92.9.
    2017: Flacco 80.4, NFL average 86.9.
    2016: Flacco 83.5, NFL average 89.3.
    2015: Flacco 83.1, NFL average 90.2.

    He just isn't very good anymore especially since the rest of the league has sort of exploded offensively passing for 200-250 yards isn't what you used to be. You have to be able to march up and down the field and sustain drives Joe just hasn't show the ability to do so the last couple of years.

    What compounds the problem too is when he gets into the redzone he hasn't been able to execute from 2013-2017 he has a 64.5 QBR in the redzone and a 36.6 percent comp percentage. Now you can if you want to blame a lot of this stuff on the lack of weapons in baltimore but then why did it bleed over into the Broncos. it's still just one game but those of us who have seen Flacco play it looked like a familar script start the game poorly, defense holds them to a respectable score then finally gives way, game is essentially over and then Flacco pads his stats.

  5. #1715
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    The Raiders may be good this year? 2nd year under Gruden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Teams change every season. Just because the Raiders have been bad doesnít mean they were a bad team going into Monday night.
    Itís possible. But highly unlikely. Itís more likely that itís similar to the 4-12 team 9 months ago that also whooped our tails in the Black Hole because we were just that bad.

    We will find out soon. But I wouldnít be shocked to see the Raiders lose their next 6 straight before hosting Detroit.

  6. #1716
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,173
    I think Flacco can still win some games for us, and if healthy he Will be our Starter for a couple years.
    We actually have a real NFL QB now!
    He is by far the Best QB we have had since Manning.

  7. #1717
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,468
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Beyond Keenums capability? Didnít he complete a pass to sanders like that against Arizona last year where sanders kept his feet and scored?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Keenum on Sunday, Redskins vs Eagles - 70 yard bomb was a thing of beauty (4:50 mark):

    https://youtu.be/TGNwEBLwLsc

    Maybe a deep fake video?
    Gentlemen, I stand corrected. I totally forgot about that AZ game, (maybe because it felt like we beat up a high school team it was so easy). He was generally inaccurate beyond 20 yds when I went through the NextGen stats last year, and misused by Musgrave as well.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  8. #1718
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    The Raiders may be good this year? 2nd year under Gruden.
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Gentlemen, I stand corrected. I totally forgot about that AZ game, (maybe because it felt like we beat up a high school team it was so easy). He was generally inaccurate beyond 20 yds when I went through the NextGen stats last year, and misused by Musgrave as well.
    I mean donít get me wrong. Iím not claiming Keenum is a good QB by any means. Just stating heís more than capable of launching a ball 40-50 yards down field on target to a wide open receiver in stride. Even if he doesnít do it consistently.

  9. #1719
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,910
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Gentlemen, I stand corrected. I totally forgot about that AZ game, (maybe because it felt like we beat up a high school team it was so easy). He was generally inaccurate beyond 20 yds when I went through the NextGen stats last year, and misused by Musgrave as well.
    We know Keenum wasnít the answer nor was he the sole reason for the woes last season. I do think Flacco can be an improvement, but this team needs to play better in all three phases. I was very skeptical of Flacco and he had opportunities to play better, but he made some plays last night. Weíve seen the Broncos get out of the gate fast only to see them fall down. Letís hope for continuous improvement and a bounce back next Sunday.

  10. #1720
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,173
    Keenum can throw a football, but not as good as Flacco. Joe has a rocket arm, perfect spiral, and he can really sling it.
    (I think That's why Elway is enamored with him?)

  11. #1721
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Keenum can throw a football, but not as good as Flacco. Joe has a rocket arm, perfect spiral, and he can really sling it.
    (I think That's why Elway is enamored with him?)
    He had one of the worst deep throws pct in the NFL the last couple of years.






  12. #1722
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,910
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    But he didn't. He had 137 yards passing going into the 4th quarter.

    Here is how Joe Flacco's passer rating compares to the rest of the league the last four years
    2018: Flacco 84.2, NFL average 92.9.
    2017: Flacco 80.4, NFL average 86.9.
    2016: Flacco 83.5, NFL average 89.3.
    2015: Flacco 83.1, NFL average 90.2.

    He just isn't very good anymore especially since the rest of the league has sort of exploded offensively passing for 200-250 yards isn't what you used to be. You have to be able to march up and down the field and sustain drives Joe just hasn't show the ability to do so the last couple of years.

    What compounds the problem too is when he gets into the redzone he hasn't been able to execute from 2013-2017 he has a 64.5 QBR in the redzone and a 36.6 percent comp percentage. Now you can if you want to blame a lot of this stuff on the lack of weapons in baltimore but then why did it bleed over into the Broncos. it's still just one game but those of us who have seen Flacco play it looked like a familar script start the game poorly, defense holds them to a respectable score then finally gives way, game is essentially over and then Flacco pads his stats.
    Iíve been one of the critics of Flacco. The game is not played in isolation with one guy accountable for everything. It was a mistake to start Leary and it showed with poor play and a penalty that killed a drive. James went out early and Wilkinson was beat badly for a sack, setting back another good drive.

    There is not a legitimate TE threat on the roster. In fact, Fant was a liability with missed blocks and penalties. Fantís block in the back negated 10 yards on Suttonís reception (big difference vs being on the Raiders side to continue the drive). Fant has one good reception, by the way on a gorgeous touch pass from Flacco. Hamiltonís drop in the end zone was another lost opportunity. Tim Patrick went out early with the broken hand. Flacco had opportunities to play better and those areas have been highlighted.

    When you ask how the issues could bleed over to the Broncos, step back and assess more of the details. There are things that influenced those stats you posted. Again, Flacco shares in the blame however thereís more to it.

  13. #1723
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,468
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    He had one of the worst deep throws pct in the NFL the last couple of years.
    Papa, is that you?
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  14. #1724
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,902
    I think the plan for the season was this all along: trot Flacco out there to see if you have a chance to make the playoffs with this defense. If you're out of it later in the season, put the rookie in to see what you've got. That is how it will play out.

  15. #1725
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Papa, is that you?
    I was thinking the same thing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •