Page 132 of 210 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3146

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Offense made 27 first downs, eight drives into the Bears side and three trips to the red zone. Red zone production - FG, INT and a TD. Not to mention 6 holding penalties between Bolles/Leary.

Yeah, the defense was the problem.....
    We should be 2-0 if not for our putrid RZ offense. Scored a TD 1 of 4 trips in oaK... in cHI territory all day but scored 1 TD.

Flacco, like Keenum before him, is touted as a solution to our RZ woes. Instead, Joe throws a pic from the 2.terrible.

Defense should shoulder blame bc we live and die by their play.

But... weíve held a lead for 10 minutes out of 120 so far this season. Teams are dictating style and scheming around our pass rush bc we canít score a TD first 3 quarters of any game.

How many teams could Flacco start for? Well right now he could start for Jacksonville, Miami, New Orleans, NY Jets and maybe the Colts. Coming into the season before injuries, only the Dolphins and Redskins would want him over what they had.

It's a sad state of affairs. That's for sure. Hes "fine" because we literally dont have any other options on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Couldnít agree more! Putting a kid into a lineup under a new HC, a new OC and an oline that has struggled along with a young receiving core is a recipe to ruin a kids confidence and have him seeing ghosts in the pocket.
    Mahomes behind Alex Smith year one is the best model, and the keys were handed over because the oline and weapons were all in place.
    Yes. This should be a redshirt year for Flacco. Then he enters camp and gets to start all next season.

If he sucks... great... we in the Lawrence lottery. If not, then great. Lock gives us hope. But this should be the plan. Locke doesnít play this season and no way we even consider Flacco a starter next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Doesnít change the fact the for the first 59 minutes the defense was the better of the two units. You really canít see how agenda based the argument is to blame it on D?

19 teams put up enough points to win if their D held their opponent to 16 points or less. The Browns look like they are about to make it 20 scoring 16 or more.

Perhaps if the offense had scored more points in the first 3 quarters the defense wouldnít have had to be in position to save the day yet again. If it wasnít for the defense that final TD by Flacco wouldíve been a too little too late score like it often was with Keenum a year ago. The defense kept it a game in order for the offense to be able to win with a mild 14 point performance.

Iíll also add the stat came out that the Broncos have failed to score 20 points in 6 consecutive games. 4 with Keenum at the helm and 2 so far with Flacco at the helm. The only team in the NFL to fail to score 20 once during that span.

Yet people want to blame the defense.
    When Joe Flacco drives down making two 4th down conversions and went after the Bears all-Pro corner fuller for a TD and then a 2 pt conversion, it gets me excited to see what we can do vs defenses that arenít stacked.

Not being able to stop Mitchell Trubisky in the final seconds doesnít get me excited to face Aaron Rodgers.

Iím guessing since he only put up 10 pts vs the bears you probably think he should be benched along with Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    When Joe Flacco drives down making two 4th down conversions and went after the Bears all-Pro corner fuller for a TD and then a 2 pt conversion, it gets me excited to see what we can do vs defenses that arenít stacked.

Not being able to stop Mitchell Trubisky in the final seconds doesnít get me excited to face Aaron Rodgers.

Iím guessing since he only put up 10 pts vs the bears you probably think he should be benched along with Flacco
    Which was a drive after he threw a pick at the 2. If he doesnít throw that pick the FG isnít enough to get it done for the Bears.

Iíll also add the defense got him the ball back after he threw the bad pick.

Rogers also was playing in front of Chicagoís crowd. Flacco was in front of his own crowd. And put up 16 points against a raiders D that got torched by Mahomes at home yesterday.

Again choosing to blame only the defense and not Flacco and the offense is extremely agenda based arguing.

Personally Iím blaming both sides of the ball plus coaching for why this team is 0-2. But Iím not going to sit here and act like the defense is the only problem when the offense only had 3 points heading into the fourth quarter. Why does the offense get a free pass for everything but the final drive?

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    We should be 2-0 if not for our putrid RZ offense. Scored a TD 1 of 4 trips in oaK... in cHI territory all day but scored 1 TD.

Flacco, like Keenum before him, is touted as a solution to our RZ woes. Instead, Joe throws a pic from the 2.terrible.

Defense should shoulder blame bc we live and die by their play.

But... weíve held a lead for 10 minutes out of 120 so far this season. Teams are dictating style and scheming around our pass rush bc we canít score a TD first 3 quarters of any game.
    When I read comments from Flacco loyalists, they read as if the guy is an elite player. There are some positives to his game. He stands in the pocket more than I thought he would. There are some pretty balls he throws. On one play yesterday he stepped up and threw a dime while his feet werenít set. The issue is production in the red zone. Heís on pace for 16 TDs and 8 INTs. Youíre not going to win games with that production. In fairness, the penalties on Bolles/Leary killed a lot of momentum. However, Bolles didnít throw the INT on the goal line. Iíve warmed up to Flacco, but he doesnít have the talent to win games without a lot of help.

Which was a drive after he threw a pick at the 2. If he doesnít throw that pick the FG isnít enough to get it done for the Bears.

Rogers also was playing in front of Chicagoís crowd. Flacco was in front of his own crowd. And put up 16 points against a raiders D that got torched by Mahomes at home yesterday.

Again choosing to blame only the defense and not Flacco and the offense is extremely agenda based arguing.

Personally Iím blaming both sides of the ball plus coaching for why this team is 0-2. But Iím not going to sit here and act like the defense is the only problem when the offense only had 3 points heading into the fourth quarter. Why does the offense get a free pass for everything but the final drive?
    Fair enough.... i just see our defense especially our pass rush and secondary as our closer, and they gotta close it out in my opinion.
    If the game ended with Flaccoís pick I would have 100% put the loss on him, but he did exactly what everyteam in the nfl wants from their staring Qb in the final minutes, a go ahead drive.

Mahomes almost had 300 yards passing in the second quarter alone vs OAK....

as soon as we are out of play off contention we should bench flacco and move to lock see if he has anything.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Mahomes almost had 300 yards passing in the second quarter alone vs OAK....
    Thatís my point. Thatís how far Flacco is from an NFL elite QB.

The only defense Iíll give him on that is the rest of our offensive talent canít sniff the Chiefs either. And we all know who to blame for that.

I'm pretty pleased with what I've seen from Flacco so far. He has made very few mistakes although the pick at the GL yesterday was very costly. He has been very calm and cool in pressure situations so far and he's show the ability to stretch the field which has been missing for three years. I really expect this offense to come together very soon and I believe Flacco's consistency will be one of the reasons. As for being on pace for 16 TD and 8 INT, I'll take the 8 INT any day of the week and I will guarantee he'll throw more than 16 TD. Lamar Jackson is on pace to throw 56 TD and 0 INT. Does anyone really think that's going to happen? People are overreacting in a very big way.
    Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
    I'm pretty pleased with what I've seen from Flacco so far. He has made very few mistakes although the pick at the GL yesterday was very costly. He has been very calm and cool in pressure situations so far and he's show the ability to stretch the field which has been missing for three years. I really expect this offense to come together very soon and I believe Flacco's consistency will be one of the reasons. As for being on pace for 16 TD and 8 INT, I'll take the 8 INT any day of the week and I will guarantee he'll throw more than 16 TD. Lamar Jackson is on pace to throw 56 TD and 0 INT. Does anyone really think that's going to happen? People are overreacting in a very big way.
    Totally agree, unfortunately we live in a time know where everybody needs results now!!!! Itís a process, and i will give it to week 5. If we are 1-4 or 0-5 I will most likely join the put a fork in them crowd. But we have had a new offense and Defenseís installed, a new HC and a new Qb, going to take time. Would be awesome if we start clicking sooner than later and salvage our season. I have noticed an improvement from Week 1 to 2 and I havenít seen any teams that look unbeatable besides KC and New England. AFC is wide open!

Doesn’t change the fact the for the first 59 minutes the defense was the better of the two units. You really can’t see how agenda based the argument is to blame it on D?

19 teams put up enough points to win if their D held their opponent to 16 points or less. The Browns look like they are about to make it 20 scoring 16 or more.

Perhaps if the offense had scored more points in the first 3 quarters the defense wouldn’t have had to be in position to save the day yet again. If it wasn’t for the defense that final TD by Flacco would’ve been a too little too late score like it often was with Keenum a year ago. The defense kept it a game in order for the offense to be able to win with a mild 14 point performance.

I’ll also add the stat came out that the Broncos have failed to score 20 points in 6 consecutive games. 4 with Keenum at the helm and 2 so far with Flacco at the helm. The only team in the NFL to fail to score 20 once during that span.

Yet people want to blame the defense.
    Off cause sane people blame the defense disproportional to the offense - it is the unit we all expect to produce, it is the unit we throw throw the money at, Elway hired a HC with the implied promise that we would have a top 5 defense..... We do not have a healthy Peyton Manning back there anymore and if judged by an objective measure like Pro Football Reference's expected points index (https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/2019.htm) then the offense expected points impact over the two games was +22.04, defense expected points was -37.96 and special teams was -4.78 so the hate on the offense is totally misplaced, and the smear campaign is worse.

The "horrid" interception was pretty much as good as interceptions come because it put the Bears in a bad spot for their 2nd to last drive, and if we had put up 3 points, then Bears would have had a lot better field position and our final drive would likely not have been as productive.

Could say the same to you in regards to your disgust with the defense.

Only 10 defenses in the league allowed fewer points than the Denver defense pending tonightís outcome. Some of those 10 allowed the same amount.

Only two other defenses allowed 16 points or less and lost.

Could easily blame the offense for the loss. Easily.

What the defense did in the final 31 seconds does not over ride the prior 59 minutes and 29 seconds of allowing less than 14 points, less than 100 yards passing and if not for one reverse that broke open held their rushing attack in check as well. Yet you want to focus on 31 seconds. You donít get to tell him youíre sick of his agenda and then keep pushing yours.
    You make a good point. However, I only made one post about the defense and the game in all these threads. Thatís hardly ďkeep pushing my agenda.Ē lol
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 09-17-2019 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    You make a good point. However, I only made one post about the defense and the game in all these threads. Thatís hardly ďkeep pushing my agenda.Ē lol
    Ok my bad. Sometimes when constantly engaged with other posters and only briefly reading discussions other posters are having back and forth itís easy to forget where the poster came into the thread with their argument.

I shouldíve said those blaming the defense keep pushing an agenda rather than you specifically.