Page 22 of 204 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I am really coming to believe this is more about our offense going forward with Scangarello.

Flacco had a resurgence in his career with Kubiak as OC in Baltimore in 2014 putting up, arguably, his best year to date. Scangarello is from the coaching tree of Mike Shanahan just as Kubiak is. And since Flacco had some good success in that kind of system it's probably a large part of why they chose to go after Flacco rather than stick it out with Keenum - go with the QB that offers the best chance in our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    For what its worth. Flacco had his best season stat wise in a west coast system
    Sorry Rastic I didn't see you already posted this.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    New to this board - I'm coming here from Baltimore with Flacco.

I've been a Ravens fan since their inception - but no longer. The Ravens have never supported Flacco properly - never built their team around him. Other than the first 5 years when Cam Cameron ran the offense and the Ravens won the Superbowl, Flacco's greatest success was 2014 when Kubiak was calling the shots. Kubiak knows how to play football - unlike Harbaugh.

Harbaugh has no clue. Joe has brought the Ravens back many times in the 4th quarter only to have Harbaugh to put the brakes on the offense and try to run out the clock playing defense. Too many times (at least 2 to 3 games a year for the last five years) the Ravens have lost games in the 4th quarter because they went conservative.

I think Elway knows how to play football. Look at it this way - you guys stole Elway from Baltimore a long time ago and he gave you a title or two. You've now "stolen" Flacco. Don't be surprised if he takes you (us) far into the playoffs.

I'm a Bronco now. Others will follow me here.
    You sound like more of Joe Flacco fan than Ravens fan before you must’ve been a player fan rather than team fan, but that’s okay. Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    New to this board - I'm coming here from Baltimore with Flacco.

I've been a Ravens fan since their inception - but no longer. The Ravens have never supported Flacco properly - never built their team around him. Other than the first 5 years when Cam Cameron ran the offense and the Ravens won the Superbowl, Flacco's greatest success was 2014 when Kubiak was calling the shots. Kubiak knows how to play football - unlike Harbaugh.

Harbaugh has no clue. Joe has brought the Ravens back many times in the 4th quarter only to have Harbaugh to put the brakes on the offense and try to run out the clock playing defense. Too many times (at least 2 to 3 games a year for the last five years) the Ravens have lost games in the 4th quarter because they went conservative.

I think Elway knows how to play football. Look at it this way - you guys stole Elway from Baltimore a long time ago and he gave you a title or two. You've now "stolen" Flacco. Don't be surprised if he takes you (us) far into the playoffs.

I'm a Bronco fan now. Others will follow me here.

P.S. Baltimore will be lucky to win 4 games with Lamar in 2019 and they will be looking for a replacement by the end of 2019.
    I’m hoping Fangio lets Scangarello stay aggressive, but he is a defensive coach and they tend to like running out the clock with a lead late.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Flacco can play under center which will bring back the running game of old (Remember) With the older coach's here now, Elway is not looking at a re-build. Just maybe the QB's in this draft are not what he wants.

This also may be the best available player with the # 10 pick, question is will it be defense or a offensive lineman ?

Not sure if they like Jones as a QB, but it allows them to move back into the bottom of the first round to draft him if they so desire. So, next up would be free agency, the combine, 2019 draft, excitement level is on the rise.

I would love to see Denver pick up either Quinnen Williams to anchor the D-line or Jonah Williams at Tackle in the draft. Can you imagine our defensive front with Chubb, Von, and Quinnen? I doubt he is available at 10, but this opens a world of possibilities for us. And heaven knows the O-line needs major help. I just look at how much better Andrew Luck was with Quenton Nelson plugging the middle.

Elway calls BAL and asks them if there’s a chance they’ll let CJ Mosley walk. BAL says “No!”, they will tag him before letting that happen...

Elway then thinks, well, for a ten mil dead cap hit it is definitely worth swapping out Keenum for Flacco. BAL says, “Hey, we’ll cover that hit for you some bc they will save too.”

It’s a no-brainer, really. Even if BAL doesn’t cover any of it... Flacco is much better... has relationship with Fangio and is accustomed to the OC’s offensive system.

We know have a vet to help be a leader. We should still draft our guy, if we have a kid we like. Pull the old redshirt year.

We’ll know Day 1 in draft what they really think of Flacco. Do they go defense and try to win now, believing we are close? Do they take Lock and feel they fortify the QB spot? Do they trade back into first, grab a Greer, Jones, Murray? Lots to think about.

We are screwed

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Gotta think this is only for the 2019 season. Flacco has 3 years left on his deal but would leave no dead money if he is let go after 2019 season.
    I also don't know what this means in 2020 as we will have no QB left if we let Flacco. And as of today our Cap Space dropped to 18 million which is nothing going into the draft. I was a strong supporter of John till today. We could have headed into 2019 with Case and picked up Ryan Fitzpatrick. Instead we got an injury prone avg QB who isn't as good as Case. So now we have to try to trade Case, hope Flacco makes it through this year and draft a QB next year. Should be a very interesting year.
    Bronco Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    I also don't know what this means in 2020 as we will have no QB left if we let Flacco. And as of today our Cap Space dropped to 18 million which is nothing going into the draft. I was a strong supporter of John till today. We could have headed into 2019 with Case and picked up Ryan Fitzpatrick. Instead we got an injury prone avg QB who isn't as good as Case. So now we have to try to trade Case, hope Flacco makes it through this year and draft a QB next year. Should be a very interesting year.
    no we have a lot more... that doesn't include cuts or anything else... Fizpic6magic should not be an option for more than a game or two for anyone anymore..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    no we have a lot more... that doesn't include cuts or anything else... Fizpic6magic should not be an option for more than a game or two for anyone anymore..
    If Elway continues his trend of going backwards at the QB position, it’s very possible Fitzmagic is our QB next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    Flacco has $0 in guaranteed money remaining, they could cut him tomorrow with no dead cap space. His 3 year contract is really 3 separate one year contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Flacco has $0 in guaranteed money remaining, they could cut him tomorrow with no dead cap space. His 3 year contract is really 3 separate one year contracts.
    Who could cut him?

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    If Elway continues his trend of going backwards at the QB position, it’s very possible Fitzmagic is our QB next year.
    subject to personal opinion, during the off season, without a pass being thrown as a Bronco.... I say Flacco is a FAR cry better QB for us that Keenum was...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    You might want to throw the playoff W/L record out there while your at it.
    Flacco's playoff record is 10 WINS (including a Superbowl win) and 5 LOSSES

Flacco has beaten the Patriots in New England two times in NFL Playoff games. He missed doing it a third time (and missed a second trip to the Superbowl - in 2011 against the Patriots in New England) when Lee Evans dropped a sure touchdown pass (that was in his hands in the endzone - but which was knocked out when he relaxed) in a comeback drive in the last minute of the AFC championship game. In recent years the Ravens have missed the playoff twice due to last minute collapses of the defense on the last play of the game (in 2017 against the Bengals and again in 2016 against the Steelers - in both cases Flacco brought the Ravens back to take the lead only to see the defense fail.
    Last edited by Melemele; 02-13-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    subject to personal opinion, during the off season, without a pass being thrown as a Bronco.... I say Flacco is a FAR cry better QB for us that Keenum was...
    Funny, similar things were said about Keenum last year. May be slightly better than Keenum, but overall the QB position is worse off. He’s not a long term solution and we’re are paying nearly $30 million for 2 backup QBs. This lowest point for the QB position since Manning left. If not for Manning, Elway probably gets fired by now.

Mike Klis

@MikeKlis
    By the way, there is offset language in Case Keenum's contract. So if he's released, yes, he has $7 million full guarantee from Broncos. But if say, he's released and signs one year, $5 million deal with another team, Broncos would only have to eat $2 million. #9sports

6:18 PM - Feb 13, 2019