Page 135 of 232 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

  1. #2011
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    It's a team sport with many working parts.

    Flacco has lived up to his end --so far.

    Most expected him to be just a stopgap and to play well enough while we develop a young, drafted QB.

    Most expected the defense to be better under Fangio, and for them to carry the load. They haven't yet.

    Most expected the O-Line to be better under Munchak --it isn't yet. Those should be the subverted expectations, not Flacco. There shouldn't have been any (unrealistic) expectations that he can carry the team, like an elite QB.

    It takes time with new coaches, but we also need the right personnel. Games are won and lost in the trenches and we still need better players on the DL and OL. If the coaching pulls the team together, then even the mediocre players we have there could step it up, and there's still hope for that.
    Need to spread it - as always, you nailed it.

  2. #2012
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    It's a team sport with many working parts.

    Flacco has lived up to his end --so far.

    Most expected him to be just a stopgap and to play well enough while we develop a young, drafted QB.

    Most expected the defense to be better under Fangio, and for them to carry the load. They haven't yet.

    Most expected the O-Line to be better under Munchak --it isn't yet. Those should be the subverted expectations, not Flacco. There shouldn't have been any (unrealistic) expectations that he can carry the team, like an elite QB.

    It takes time with new coaches, but we also need the right personnel. Games are won and lost in the trenches and we still need better players on the DL and OL. If the coaching pulls the team together, then even the mediocre players we have there could step it up, and there's still hope for that.
    Jeez how dare you sir ?? Making all that sense with logic lol. Nice post.

  3. #2013
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    1,511
    Highest % completion of his career.
    On pace for Most yards in career. (4480)
    2nd Highest QB Rte of his career.
    5th highest Avg Yards per catch through 2 games.


    Currently on pace to be sacked the 2nd most times in his career.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 09-17-2019 at 02:12 PM.

  4. #2014
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Highest % completion of his career.
    On pace for Most yards in career. (4480)
    2nd Highest QB Rte of his career.
    5th highest Avg Yards per catch through 2 games.


    Currently on pace to be sacked the 2nd most times in his career.
    If weíre projecting stats based on two games, heís on pace for 16 TD / 8 INT. Wonít win many games with that production.

  5. #2015
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    81
    Right now, the offense is at a point where the overall chemistry isnít there yet. Thatís not a surprise. Basically, someone always screws up. Particularly, in the red zone. Week 1, it was Scangarello, Sanders constantly slipping and Hamilton dropping a TD. Week 2, it was Flacco and the offensive line.

    By the same token, youíve seen moments in the red zone where each of those components held up. They just donít all hold up at the same time. Thatís the part that will take time.

  6. #2016
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,405
    Flacco's completion % based on depth of throw

    Passes 5 yards down field or less, including passes behind LOS - 34/45 75.5%

    Passes beyond 5 yards downfield - 19/36 52.7%

    Defenses know this and as a result, the whole offense suffers. Teams know they don't have to worry about the passing game deep and can send their pass rushers without without pause. It also effects the run game, allowing defenses to stack the box.

    We see this problem become most prevalent in the red zone. With the short field, there is less ground for the defense to worry about. Teams can snuff the short stuff even easier and the intermediate throws become obscured further. Throws that were already difficult for Flacco become nearly impossible.

    With a red-zone passing completion percentage of 50%, Flacco is 27th in the league. As a result, Denver is one of the 5 worst scoring offenses so far and one of the 3 worst red zone offenses.

    People want to bury their head in the sand and insist Joe is not an issue. Some people even think he is playing well, amazingly. He absolutely is a massive issue. Now, he is far from the only problem, the team as a whole is pretty bad with holes everywhere. Flacco is still a very significant issue that people are largely brushing off. The fact remains, even with a good team you will be held back when you field a bottom 10 QB.

  7. #2017
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Flacco's completion % based on depth of throw

    Passes 5 yards down field or less, including passes behind LOS - 34/45 75.5%

    Passes beyond 5 yards downfield - 19/36 52.7%

    Defenses know this and as a result, the whole offense suffers. Teams know they don't have to worry about the passing game deep and can send their pass rushers without without pause. It also effects the run game, allowing defenses to stack the box.

    We see this problem become most prevalent in the red zone. With the short field, there is less ground for the defense to worry about. Teams can snuff the short stuff even easier and the intermediate throws become obscured further. Throws that were already difficult for Flacco become nearly impossible.

    With a red-zone passing completion percentage of 50%, Flacco is 27th in the league. As a result, Denver is one of the 5 worst scoring offenses so far and one of the 3 worst red zone offenses.

    People want to bury their head in the sand and insist Joe is not an issue. Some people even think he is playing well, amazingly. He absolutely is a massive issue. Now, he is far from the only problem, the team as a whole is pretty bad with holes everywhere. Flacco is still a very significant issue that people are largely brushing off. The fact remains, even with a good team you will be held back when you field a bottom 10 QB.
    Who was the top 22 QB they were going to acquire in March?

  8. #2018
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,140
    The real point in all of this is the fact that we have no other choice but to sign an aged FA QB every year. The QB situation has been a debacle. All of the FA QBs flame out in a year and none of the drafted QBs have worked out. I mean, we signed Sanchez out of pure desperation for heavenís sake. People can blame whoever they want, but thereís one guy at the controls.

    My goodness, weíre arguing about if Keenum is better than Flacco? Flacco is another band aid FA QB. Heís serviceable, but this team doesnít have the starters or depth to support a serviceable QB. Oline being the most glaring problem with supporting a serviceable QB.

  9. #2019
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Flacco's completion % based on depth of throw

    Passes 5 yards down field or less, including passes behind LOS - 34/45 75.5%

    Passes beyond 5 yards downfield - 19/36 52.7%

    Defenses know this and as a result, the whole offense suffers. Teams know they don't have to worry about the passing game deep and can send their pass rushers without without pause. It also effects the run game, allowing defenses to stack the box.

    We see this problem become most prevalent in the red zone. With the short field, there is less ground for the defense to worry about. Teams can snuff the short stuff even easier and the intermediate throws become obscured further. Throws that were already difficult for Flacco become nearly impossible.

    With a red-zone passing completion percentage of 50%, Flacco is 27th in the league. As a result, Denver is one of the 5 worst scoring offenses so far and one of the 3 worst red zone offenses.

    People want to bury their head in the sand and insist Joe is not an issue. Some people even think he is playing well, amazingly. He absolutely is a massive issue. Now, he is far from the only problem, the team as a whole is pretty bad with holes everywhere. Flacco is still a very significant issue that people are largely brushing off. The fact remains, even with a good team you will be held back when you field a bottom 10 QB.
    Despite all that Flacco has still put the offense in position to put points on the board and Bolles/Leary have done their best to take us out of that position.

    Yes Flacco is throwing it short and checking down very quickly but it hasnít been a huge problem because the targets are getting YAC most of the time and the faster the ball gets out of his hands, the less time Bolles has to hold. A swing route thrown 1 yard past the LoS that results in a 6 yard gain is still 6 yards and forces the defense to defend the width of the field.

    Flacco probably isnít going to be the sole reason we win a game, Iíll admit that, but so far he hasnít been the sole reason weíve lost, he hasnít even been our biggest issue in the losses.

  10. #2020
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,608
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    The real point in all of this is the fact that we have no other choice but to sign an aged FA QB every year. The QB situation has been a debacle. All of the FA QBs flame out in a year and none of the drafted QBs have worked out. I mean, we signed Sanchez out of pure desperation for heavenís sake. People can blame whoever they want, but thereís one guy at the controls.

    My goodness, weíre arguing about if Keenum is better than Flacco? Flacco is another band aid FA QB. Heís serviceable, but this team doesnít have the starters or depth to support a serviceable QB. Oline being the most glaring problem with supporting a serviceable QB.
    I disagree with having to sign an aging FA QB. We could have kept Siemian as our bridge, or even Lynch and just let those guys go out until we find a guy. But that wouldíve result in a lot more backlash than what we have now because you canít fool yourself into thinking you can compete with them even though weíd have more money to improve other areas of the team.

    What we have now is the same as every team without a franchise QB. You absolutely have to hit on a QB in this league. Osweiler not resigning with us after the Super Bowl started all this. If he stays maybe heís better off not having to learn a new scheme and having familiar faces or if he sucked it up like in Houston then weíre in position to get a franchise QB. Instead we have to hit the panic button because we only had a 7th round pick at QB on the roster and we werenít picking high enough to get one so we end up with Lynch which set us back because you have to wait and see if he develops and obviously he didnít so we ended up signing expensive bridge QBs to compete while he comes along but they arenít good enough to take us to the postseason yet not bad enough to secure a high enough position to draft a franchise guy. Now we have to wait and see if Lock can develop but we have a ton of money invested into these bridge QBs that prevent us from building the rest of the team up.

  11. #2021
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I disagree with having to sign an aging FA QB. We could have kept Siemian as our bridge, or even Lynch and just let those guys go out until we find a guy. But that wouldíve result in a lot more backlash than what we have now because you canít fool yourself into thinking you can compete with them even though weíd have more money to improve other areas of the team.

    What we have now is the same as every team without a franchise QB. You absolutely have to hit on a QB in this league. Osweiler not resigning with us after the Super Bowl started all this. If he stays maybe heís better off not having to learn a new scheme and having familiar faces or if he sucked it up like in Houston then weíre in position to get a franchise QB. Instead we have to hit the panic button because we only had a 7th round pick at QB on the roster and we werenít picking high enough to get one so we end up with Lynch which set us back because you have to wait and see if he develops and obviously he didnít so we ended up signing expensive bridge QBs to compete while he comes along but they arenít good enough to take us to the postseason yet not bad enough to secure a high enough position to draft a franchise guy. Now we have to wait and see if Lock can develop but we have a ton of money invested into these bridge QBs that prevent us from building the rest of the team up.
    Exactly. Even though I used the phrase ďno choice but to sign a FA QBĒ, you pointed out that a GM doesnít have to sign a FA BQ every year. Yet we have. At the same time, all of our drafted QBs didnít work out. All we have left is the hope that Lock is the answer.

    The QB situation has not been good. Couple that with a debacle at oline and we have what we have now. A new aged FA QB and a young QB we hope can be the answer. We shall see how it works out.

    I would love it if it would all work out. Iím just getting tired of watching bad football.

  12. #2022
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Right now, the offense is at a point where the overall chemistry isn’t there yet. That’s not a surprise. Basically, someone always screws up. Particularly, in the red zone. Week 1, it was Scangarello, Sanders constantly slipping and Hamilton dropping a TD. Week 2, it was Flacco and the offensive line.

    By the same token, you’ve seen moments in the red zone where each of those components held up. They just don’t all hold up at the same time. That’s the part that will take time.
    .Getting improvement every week, cant wait till week three.
    Last edited by crabcruncher; 09-18-2019 at 10:57 AM.

  13. #2023
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Flacco's completion % based on depth of throw

    Passes 5 yards down field or less, including passes behind LOS - 34/45 75.5%

    Passes beyond 5 yards downfield - 19/36 52.7%

    Defenses know this and as a result, the whole offense suffers. Teams know they don't have to worry about the passing game deep and can send their pass rushers without without pause. It also effects the run game, allowing defenses to stack the box.

    We see this problem become most prevalent in the red zone. With the short field, there is less ground for the defense to worry about. Teams can snuff the short stuff even easier and the intermediate throws become obscured further. Throws that were already difficult .
    for Flacco become nearly impossible.

    With a red-zone passing completion percentage of 50%, Flacco is 27th in the league. As a result, Denver is one of the 5 worst scoring offenses so far and one of the 3 worst red zone offenses.

    People want to bury their head in the sand and insist Joe is not an issue. Some people even think he is playing well, amazingly. He absolutely is a massive issue. Now, he is far from the only problem, the team as a whole is pretty bad with holes everywhere. Flacco is still a very significant issue that people are largely brushing off. The fact remains, even with a good team you will be held back when you field a bottom 10 QB.
    Fact check
    Flacco is 11th in the league in QBR
    Flacco is 13th in the league in Passing yds
    And this is with an offense that is a work in progress. Awesome.

    Every post of yours is skewed to the left of reality. I know this wont sink in, its like players talking to Bolles.lol
    Last edited by crabcruncher; 09-18-2019 at 11:10 AM.

  14. #2024
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,989
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    But that qb everyone keeps claiming he is such an upgrade over is performing at a higher level in Washington so far. Sure heís 0-2 but thatís cuz his defense is allowing 30 points per game.

    Everyone keeps claiming Flacco is doing ok. But weíve scored 15 points per game with him. And are averaging what 3 points each game for the first three quarters?

    Just because he isnít turning the ball over doesnít mean he is doing anything great either.
    The constant defense of flacco is "he's got so many yards" great, where is the points, that's what win games.


  15. #2025
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The constant defense of flacco is "he's got so many yards" great, where is the points, that's what win games.
    Theyíre sitting with Bolles and Leary, Flacco just isnít the QB to convert down and 20 distances. This team isnít going to score 20 points a game with so many penalties and no turnovers and so few short drives by the defense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •